News: Negotiations with Kazee

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
He'll be signed by morning. I still think Hooker will be signed too. Not sure what the plan will be with all these dudes. How do you get them all on the field with the new db's we will draft etc? If we draft Grant in round 2, then what? Maybe Molden at 44? I p[ersonally want a dawg DT that is a thug at 44 to get drafted. Mcneil to me, fits what we need. McNeil next to Urban and Gallimore and Dlaw would be pretty good. With Randy rotating in.We will be better against the run if we draft him day 1.

Agreed. Personally, i would go Daviyon Nixon at 44 and i think McNeill can be had in the 3rd, with our first 3rd rounder (i think its 76 but not sure). Either that or Nixon in the second and Khyiris Tonga with our compensatory 3rd. Double down hard on impact DT and change this damn defense up the way we did with the offense- build the D from the inside out, start with the trenches. D Law and Gregory will be fine at DE, and Armstrong, Anae, and Basham can contribute as well. If we get some DOGS at DT alongside Gallimore, Urban, and potentially Tristan Hill, this defense will be a force- mark my words.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Its pretty obvious that the Cowboys are going around telling guys that they can sign with the Cowboys on the cheap for one year and resurrect their careers for a bigger payday next year. Its like they are targeting injury prone guys hoping they will bite.
And people will somehow blame Dak's contract. Even though this has been the COWBOY WAY FOR 7 YEARS lol.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Its pretty obvious that the Cowboys are going around telling guys that they can sign with the Cowboys on the cheap for one year and resurrect their careers for a bigger payday next year. Its like they are targeting injury prone guys hoping they will bite.

It's pretty obvious that after a week of free agency, that those are the only deals left for players who remain unsigned.

Geez Ron, this can't be your first rodeo.

kskboys

Reaction score
Agreed. Personally, i would go Daviyon Nixon at 44 and i think McNeill can be had in the 3rd, with our first 3rd rounder (i think its 76 but not sure). Either that or Nixon in the second and Khyiris Tonga with our compensatory 3rd. Double down hard on impact DT and change this damn defense up the way we did with the offense- build the D from the inside out, start with the trenches. D Law and Gregory will be fine at DE, and Armstrong, Anae, and Basham can contribute as well. If we get some DOGS at DT alongside Gallimore, Urban, and potentially Tristan Hill, this defense will be a force- mark my words.
You think Nixon will last to 44?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You think Nixon will last to 44?
Ive seen Nixon slide down that far, but usually he is going in the 32-37 range, but these are just simulations/mocks,
and so very hard to predict.
Would be an extremely hard pass if Nixon was there at 44, might be a player you use an extra pick to move up for.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I don't believe that these signings are any indication that we will not be drafting at these positions, hence the 1 yr deals. They do offer you a stop gap, depth, and experience for the younger players that may be coming in. It'll make drafting less of a "we have to get this guy, or we're in trouble" experience.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Achilles-tendonitis.jpg

rambo2

Reaction score
yes but they got whooped pillar to post. DOMINATED. The interior dline and linebackers stomped them. TWO missing tackles didnt help, but is hardly the sole reason they got dominated. DEFENSE still is the great equalizer in Jan.
The main reason that the better team lost was the loss of their starting tackles.

rambo2

Reaction score
well we sucked all over. lol..we were simply bad. Our talent was way over hyped as per usual.
They were bad because of the massive injuries that they had. For example, every single team would be bad without their starting qb and their two starting offensive tackles.

CWR

Reaction score
They were bad because of the massive injuries that they had. For example, every single team would be bad without their starting qb and their two starting offensive tackles.

I don't know why some people can't figure that out. It's like they come here to cry.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ive been in Kazees corner since day one of interest,, Im glad we are at least hearing these early reports of negotiations, this is a simple contract, so you know this one is done, so lets go celebrate and get a Hooker now.
Well, I thought this would be done and I stood behind it,, so Im still hoping we get a deal worked out, hope they get some ink drying soon.

817Gill

Reaction score
I knew they would go with this guy because he played for Quinn. Hooker would be so much better IMHO

Watch this will be another obvious front office blunder
Nothing Hooker has done in the NFL shows he’s better than Kazee, you are living solely off his college career.

Kazee had 7 picks in one season, Hooker hasn’t even played 7 games in a row. What actual data do you have that says Hooker is a better pro than Kazee?

Rayman70

Reaction score
i bet stevie gave him an honest offer lol..which detroit will like.