Twitter: Negotiations with Zeke have intensified **merged**

Rayman70

Reaction score
If the deal really is 5 Year 81 Million then Jerry Jones is a terrible negotiator.

Not only does Zeke get to miss all of training camp but you make him clearly the highest paid back? That would be a TERRIBLE CONTRACT
where are we coming up with the contract figures? Is this something that just leaked?

aria

Reaction score
Lol!!!! Ouch! Zeke is scum......I am so ashamed for wanting him to rush for 2,000 yards and 20 TDs. Oh well, go Zeke!!
I want him to rush for 2,000 yards as well but that doesn’t change the fact he’s scum. I’d rather see Pollard rush 2,000 yards.

I’m not going to hope a Cowboy player fails, only because it hurts the team, just because I don’t like him contrary to what a lot of people may think (check out the Dak threads if that’s what you’re looking for) but it sure as hell doesn’t mean I won’t criticize him and have to like the fact that he’s a Cowboy.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't care if he does or not. My problem with him is that he says he does and then plays hard to get. He said he would give Zeke north of Gurley money and then retracted. He's such a tease!

More conflicting reports then. It's my understanding that Jerry offered 1 mill north of Gurley money and was told that's not enough.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I really could care less about the owners or players sides. The time to take sides there is when the CBA is being negotiated. When the players get the rules changed so that all the contracts are guaranteed well then good for them. When they get a bigger percentage of the profits we’ll then good for them.

But until then, the contracts are being honored by the owners in every single way by the definition of honor that is used for a contract. When a player holds out and is subject to fines and penalties then he is not honoring the contract.

Your fairness feelings aside-the time for players to make that fair in your view, is the CBA

erod

Reaction score
If the deal really is 5 Year 81 Million then Jerry Jones is a terrible negotiator.

Not only does Zeke get to miss all of training camp but you make him clearly the highest paid back? That would be a TERRIBLE CONTRACT
He's by far the best, most important player on this team. The offense is ugly without him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like the way the Chargers are handling their impasse with Gordon. Talks are now suspended till after the season. When he reports, if he reports, he will play under his current contract, and they’ll start the process again after the season. And Gordon is in his 5th year option, not like Zeke who has no options in his 4th year.

You offer a guy a huge and fair contract. He holds you up. End negotiations so no distraction during the season. Play on your current contract or sit out, and feel free to seek a trade partner, butyou aren’t going anywhere unless we are happy with the compensation. Choose!
chargers are pass happy team and Gordon may be a pretty good back, Hes not Zeke and hes not as important a cog in the chargers offense as zeke is to ours.. we dont have a Rivers..we can have say a Ben who can throw for 5k in down year no playoffs or even a Rivers and change our offensive philosophy we can compare what other teams are doing with their RBs..

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Let me help you guys out here:

Honor-verb:

1) regard with great respect-like in honoring someone’s memory

2)fulfill an obligation or keep an agreement

The only thing that applies here is 2, despite your effort to apply one of the other definitions of honor
*boy, @GimmeTheBall! is fixin' to be gunnin'fer' you, the way yer' stepping all over his toes& usurping his medicine thunder stick of acclaimed forte',,, :rolleyes: