Twitter: Negotiations with Zeke have intensified **merged**

JayFord

Reaction score
If you could promise a Super Bowl this year I’d be willing to pay zeke 5 years 130 million and deal with cap casualties next season and possibly lose everyone and go 4-12

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You really have no clue what you are talking about and bringing some altruistic view of the word honor. Honor a contract means “abide by the terms”. If you don’t abide by terms (honor) you pay fines or may be forced to give back part of the signing bonus. It is that simple.

You are not giving both sides as I saw you write in another thread. The two sides are this:

1) The owners pay signing bonus and guaranteed money no matter what could happen to the player, he could mail it in, get injured and never play another meaningful down-that is the owners poison or risk

2) The player poison is he can’t hold out without getting possibly fined and if he does retire he could have to pay back part of the guarantee. He also can get cut any time but still gets to keep the guarantee.

Those are both sides and the owner is honoring it every single time!!!
Honor??? Lol! Not very players know what that means, much less live by it. Come to think of it, owners don't live by it either.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Lol!!!! Ouch! Zeke is scum......I am so ashamed for wanting him to rush for 2,000 yards and 20 TDs. Oh well, go Zeke!!
I'm peeking out of my (now included mattresses) pillow fortress.
I'm eyeballing the bathroom. Calculating the shortest and safest route before Zeke-Anger tries to thrash me on the way...
I got it.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
the 2 parties have taken Sunday off from the negotiations. They will resume, and likely finalize the deal Monday...according to multiple reports. Very good chance he will be at practice come Tuesday morning.

Oh thanks. Now I just got that little uplifting feeling again that all of this is going to end soon and the Cowboys can start 2019 distraction-free.

Tomorrow I get shot down again as the two sides remain far apart on everything and aren't talking.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Honor??? Lol! Not very players know what that means, much less live by it. Come to think of it, owners don't live by it either.
Let me help you guys out here:

Honor-verb:

1) regard with great respect-like in honoring someone’s memory

2)fulfill an obligation or keep an agreement

The only thing that applies here is 2, despite your effort to apply one of the other definitions of honor

Rayman70

Reaction score
Oh thanks. Now I just got that little uplifting feeling again that all of this is going to end soon and the Cowboys can start 2019 distraction-free.

Tomorrow I get shot down again as the two sides remain far apart on everything and aren't talking.
that's my fear too lol

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let me help you guys out here:

Honor-verb:

1) regard with great respect-like in honoring someone’s memory

2)fulfill an obligation or keep an agreement

The only thing that applies here is 2, despite your effort to apply one of the other definitions of honor
Nahh! Doesn't apply in sports.

superonyx

Reaction score
You really have no clue what you are talking about and bringing some altruistic view of the word honor. Honor a contract means “abide by the terms”. If you don’t abide by terms (honor) you pay fines or may be forced to give back part of the signing bonus. It is that simple.

You are not giving both sides as I saw you write in another thread. The two sides are this:

1) The owners pay signing bonus and guaranteed money no matter what could happen to the player, he could mail it in, get injured and never play another meaningful down-that is the owners poison or risk

2) The player poison is he can’t hold out without getting possibly fined and if he does retire he could have to pay back part of the guarantee. He also can get cut any time but still gets to keep the guarantee.

Those are both sides and the owner is honoring it every single time!!!
As is the player. Show me which player didn't?

Rayman70

Reaction score
gusy I have a hunch by the time we wake up in the morning on Labor Day that we will have a deal being signed then announced in the afternoon. That's my gut feel. On the other hand,if we don't see a deal finalized, I think by Weds it will be too late for Zeke to play this week...we will go with Pollard week 1. So if we plan on having him in the fold week 1, we need to get him done Monday.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If Zeke gets done Monday...I think either Dak or Coop gets done by next Saturday. Likely Dak. Cooper we can get done during the year...no great rush. As long as we don't let it go too long and he reaches free agency.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
gusy I have a hunch by the time we wake up in the morning on Labor Day that we will have a deal being signed then announced in the afternoon. That's my gut feel. On the other hand,if we don't see a deal finalized, I think by Weds it will be too late for Zeke to play this week...we will go with Pollard week 1. So if we plan on having him in the fold week 1, we need to get him done Monday.

That's my take. I think all these "imminent deal" reports are coming from information leaked to these media people yesterday.

There was no talks today, like you said, but not because of any divide on the contract. They're just taking a break. I know there's reports that "sources" close to the Cowboys say a deal isn't as close as the more optimistic reports say.

However, these are probably Cowboys employees that don't want to "spill the beans". For all we know there's a big Tuesday press conference being planned.