Twitter: Negotiations with Zeke have intensified **merged**

jnday

Reaction score
More conflicting reports then. It's my understanding that Jerry offered 1 mill north of Gurley money and was told that's not enough.
If this is true, Jerry should take the deal off of the table and he can sit out from now on. I would treat him just like Gordon is being treated in San Diego. Zeke’s agent is really giving him bad advice that is ruining Zeke’s reputation around the league and the fans. I would refuse to negotiate with him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No way he is getting that much.
why not how much was Gurleys, 14.7? if wanted Gurley money that would be 15 or so..i wouldn't think Jerry held out this long to pay that much more..all this guessing and speculation, rumors, etc man im ready for it to be over..Just report the actual deal is done and how much..

Im not really worried abut the money..just want zeke running against the giants..

waldoputty

Reaction score
More conflicting reports then. It's my understanding that Jerry offered 1 mill north of Gurley money and was told that's not enough.

good grief
if true, the best thing that can happen for the team is for zeke to injured himself.
to save jerry from himself, a 10 week one like a high ankle sprain.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If this is true, Jerry should take the deal off of the table and he can sit out from now on. I would treat him just like Gordon is being treated in San Diego. Zeke’s agent is really giving him bad advice that is ruining Zeke’s reputation around the league and the fans. I would refuse to negotiate with him.
this is all speculation and rumor..not one of us or really the media know whats really going on..

jnday

Reaction score
If you could promise a Super Bowl this year I’d be willing to pay zeke 5 years 130 million and deal with cap casualties next season and possibly lose everyone and go 4-12
Going 4-12 would put Dallas in the area of drafting Lawrence which would be great. The team could go to more if a passing offense and save a lot of money.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
gusy I have a hunch by the time we wake up in the morning on Labor Day that we will have a deal being signed then announced in the afternoon. That's my gut feel. On the other hand,if we don't see a deal finalized, I think by Weds it will be too late for Zeke to play this week...we will go with Pollard week 1. So if we plan on having him in the fold week 1, we need to get him done Monday.
I've got the inkling hunch of a much more powerful notion that by the time some of us wake up on labor day,,,the Football Dad announces he's enacting the fine protocol upon the #21to the fullest allowable extent,,,er,,,retroactively

o_O:thumbup:o_O

Rayman70

Reaction score
:popcorn:
I've got the inkling hunch of a much more powerful notion that by the time some of us wake up on labor day,,,the Football Dad announces he's enacting the fine protocol upon the #21to the fullest allowable extent,,,er,,,retroactivelyo_O:thumbup:o_O

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Let me help you guys out here:

Honor-verb:

1) regard with great respect-like in honoring someone’s memory

2)fulfill an obligation or keep an agreement

The only thing that applies here is 2, despite your effort to apply one of the other definitions of honor

boys!
Don't be misled by those who pretend to know the sainted English language.

Honor can be a noun as well.
You want English explained? Come to me, not to those who roll out definitions to bolster their curricula vitae.

glimmerman

Reaction score
why not how much was Gurleys, 14.7? if wanted Gurley money that would be 15 or so..i wouldn't think Jerry held out this long to pay that much more..all this guessing and speculation, rumors, etc man im ready for it to be over..Just report the actual deal is done and how much..

Im not really worried abut the money..just want zeke running against the giants..
I agree but am hoping that JJ didn’t bend over that far. I wanted this over for about a month now. And just show me the embarrassing numbers. What ever it is it’s over paying but at least structure it so we can get out after 3 years. That’s only 1 year over the original rookie deal.

And from now on don’t do this again. If another player does this then let them sit and fine them.

Elliot and his agent knows this team is close and stacked for a run. This is what changes my feelings towards a player. He only cares about himself and not the team at all. I know it’s business but wow. Captain obvious...

CWR

Reaction score
If the deal really is 5 Year 81 Million then Jerry Jones is a terrible negotiator.

Not only does Zeke get to miss all of training camp but you make him clearly the highest paid back? That would be a TERRIBLE CONTRACT

81 million doesn't matter. We need to see what's guaranteed. Probably closer to 30 and we will roll with Zeke for 3 or 4 more years then part ways. Im also curious to see how his remaining 2 years are factored in.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Well,ya know what Marcus? And ,I couldn't fully guarantee it, but if the #21 would've manned out/ shouldered his appointed load for another season? And then pulled this hold-out?
It would be 8 out of every 10 Feudians in supportive sympathy for his hold-out maneuver then ,but, when ol' PAPPY ELLIOTT spouted off back in March or April of this year, showing his card's as to him very likely as to being the mastermind of this prematurely enacted lame brained ploy? Well, that kinda' pretty much set me off on this scorched earth/total war tangent & lifelong grudge o_O

Then you answer my question about who stews in the end because it's not going to be Zeke. Before Emmitt said it, I said on these very boards that you strike while the iron is hot in business. And that's all this is: business. The fact that people take it so personally all but guarantees that the next guy should also strike while the iron is hot and not care what fans think because they can't separate business from their emotions. Not saying you're wrong to not like what he's doing but the players could give exactly zero effs as they make it rain in their living rooms while fans hold on to grudges and potential indigestion. Business, not personal.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
81 million doesn't matter. We need to see what's guaranteed. Probably closer to 30 and we will roll with Zeke for 3 or 4 more years then part ways. Im also curious to see how his remaining 2 years are factored in.

30? When Gurley got $45M? Are you mad? LOL. It'll be closer to $50M.

Reactions: CWR

aria

Reaction score
That sounds delicious but I passed on pork shoulders last Tuesday in favor of saltine crackers dipped in water

Both meals are classic might do pork shoulders for opening day
I was thinking of making hard tack to go with the shoulders but I prefer weevils with my tack and am short on time.