Twitter: Negotiations with Zeke have intensified **merged**

mcmvp

Reaction score
I'm sure they both will be able to claim victory. That's usually how these things work out.

Both will claim victory… but I have a feeling it will be clear which side won. In my view, if Zeke gets anything close to Gurley guaranteed money, that means Jerry Jones caved and will have egg on his face after all of his “backbone” talk.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Not a noun in contract verbiage!

Sure it can be, quarry man!

"... and all other compensatory monies, bonuses and monetary honors accrued by said Cabo Cowboy if suspended ..."

I mean, we can have a language competition and I'd win. But what I'd really prefer would be a ....
DANCE OFF!!!!!
:dance:

judged by the impartial and discerning @Melonfeud !!!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

MarcusRock

Reaction score
But Bell did reset the market. Almost every other position, a guy like Bell would sign for money in the same ball park as the highest guy. Bell didn't even get close. Gurley's contract is a complete outlier when you compare the highest contracts at other positions and then the 2nd and 3rd highest behind that contract. Gurley got $45MM which is like 60% more than what Bell got and 50% more than the 2nd highest guaranteed contract (Johnson and Barkley).

The Rams made a big mistake. The Cowboys didn't have to repeat it.

Bell is older than both guys and just came off a full year of inactivity. The less wear is great but it sure won't improve your productivity and in fact can only decrease it. Any FO would be nuts to not use that as a discount in negotiations and I'm thinking the Jets did which would account for not approaching Gurley's deal. Plus, Bell is not as good as a healthy Gurley either and again, is older. All FOs and fans want to call it a reset but I'm thinking it's closer to a full year of inactivity discount.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Both will claim victory… but I have a feeling it will be clear which side won. In my view, if Zeke gets anything close to Gurley guaranteed money, that means Jerry Jones caved and will have egg on his face after all of his “backbone” talk.

Dallas wants ways to get out of the contract more then they care about the money I imagine.

Reactions: CWR

aikemirv

Reaction score

"... and all other compensatory monies, bonuses and monetary honors accrued by said Cabo Cowboy if suspended ..."

I mean, we can have a language competition and I'd win. But what I'd really prefer would be a ....
DANCE OFF!!!!!

I am sure you would win both!. Your post hurt my head though so ...

Batman1980

Reaction score
He is good but not great. Being in an offense that funneled the ball into his hands since he came into the league has inflated his numbers. So has playing behind one of the best offensive lines we've ever had.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
When you look at the nitty gritty analysis, Zeke is not nearly as special as people want to claim.

He’s a really good TB. But we are about to pay him the largest contract for a TB ever.

Insane.

"He's lead the league is rushing yards two of his three years, and would have again if......"

Well yes, he had at least 20+ carries than every other running back every year, so most above average backs would lead the league in rushing. What about his rushing TDs, lack of broken tackles per carry, lack of elusiveness, average yards per carry, his league leading fumbles, lack of gaining dirty yards, his poor route running, his lack of long plays, his..

"BUT HE LEAD THE LEAGUE IN RUSHING!!!!"

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

DANCE OFF!!!!!

At yer' service my fellow forum members,,,er,,,unless of course it possibly coincides/clashes with my lucrative sideline endeavor of further refining the craftful arts of marching band, baton twirling MAJORETTE'S training & tutelage program:thumbup: