Twitter: Negotiations with Zeke have intensified **merged**

Tussinman

Reaction score
But Bell did reset the market. Almost every other position, a guy like Bell would sign for money in the same ball park as the highest guy. Bell didn't even get close. Gurley's contract is a complete outlier when you compare the highest contracts at other positions and then the 2nd and 3rd highest behind that contract. Gurley got $45MM which is like 60% more than what Bell got and 50% more than the 2nd highest guaranteed contract (Johnson and Barkley).

The Rams made a big mistake. The Cowboys didn't have to repeat it.
Bell did reset the market.

The only counter I hear people say otherwise is "oh Bells older thats why he got less money" but Bell hasn't played football since he was 25 years old.

If Zeke gets an extension guess what ? The extension won't start till his 6th year when he's 26 years old....... (lol)

Batman1980

Reaction score
At this point it won't pay off. Already been seven hours, was not imminent.

I was wondering why Archer was so quiet

He seems to be further in with the Cowboys than even the lap dogs like Spags so not surprised he has a better feel for the situation than most.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Maybe because everyone in the stadium knew what the play was.

That was my very first thought after seeing that. Context is needed when evaluating stats. It’s the same reason why people go back and forth about Dak’s numbers. His should be good because D-Coordinators are game planning for the running game. Zeke’s numbers should be looked at the same way...and not compared, in an apples to apples way, to backs who are not being ‘game planned’ for.

Wood

Reaction score
Both will claim victory… but I have a feeling it will be clear which side won. In my view, if Zeke gets anything close to Gurley guaranteed money, that means Jerry Jones caved and will have egg on his face after all of his “backbone” talk.

All comes down to guaranteed money. If Jerry caves on that front he will expose team to a risk level that might not support SB aspirations especially if Zeke has another behavioral issues in which league steps in. If Stephan is left to run this it might take longer but will be done right way for long term. If Jerry starts sweating that is when Zeke can gain upper hand and possibly hold out again after 2020 season as new CBA is negotiated.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
That was my very first thought after seeing that. Context is needed when evaluating stats. It’s the same reason why people go back and forth about Dak’s numbers. His should be good because D-Coordinators are game planning for the running game. Zeke’s numbers should be looked at the same way...and not compared, in an apples to apples way, to backs who are not being ‘game planned’ for.

That's the new made up argument for Zeke, is that he is game planned against.

First it was they stacked the box-false
Then it was he gets dirty yards-false
Now it's game planning- which every single player is game planned against. Thinking Dak isnt game planned against shows a true lack of any subject specific knowledge. It's flabberghasting that someone would write it.

And the fact is on 3rd and short every team is game planning against the RB on those circumstances, and our running back performs well below average there.

It's great to make believe things that are harder to be disproved, but they don't actually carry any weight.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I guess Ohio State had the greatest o-line in college football history since Zeke rushed for 200+ yards against mighty Alabama and Oregon in both CFP games when the Buckeyes won the title.

But please, keep posting like a Cowboys fan who knew nothing about Zeke before Dallas drafted him and attributing everything he's done to "volume" and the greatest o-line evah while convincing yourself a kid from Memphis with 79 carries last year could do the same thing.

Don't tag me again unless you have something worthwhile to say. I won't hold my breath waiting. :rolleyes:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I guess Ohio State had the greatest o-line in college football history since Zeke rushed for 200+ yards against mighty Alabama and Oregon in both CFP games when the Buckeyes won the title.

But please, keep posting like a Cowboys fan who knew nothing about Zeke before Dallas drafted him and attributing everything he's done to "volume" and the greatest o-line evah while convincing yourself a kid from Memphis with 79 carries last year could do the same thing.

Don't tag me again unless you have something worthwhile to say. I won't hold my breath waiting. :rolleyes:

You're using college stats... are you serious?

I never mentioned Pollard, just making **** up.

I already tagged you with a comment wellworthwhile, you on the other hand LMAO, brought college stats and make believe arguments. No need to hold your breath is was done before you even quoted me.

Don't quote me if you have nothing of substance.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You're using college stats... are you serious?

I never mentioned Pollard, just making **** up.

I already tagged you with a comment wellworthwhile, you on the other hand LMAO, brought college stats and make believe arguments.

All you said was "yikes" yet you're critiquing the value of my comments? :muttley:

Just another Rowdy spewing nonsense...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
All you said was "yikes" yet you're critiquing the value of my comments? :muttley:

Just another Rowdy spewing nonsense...

Ahh I didnt understand you had a hard time reading.

I'll bold it for you:muttley:

He's lead the league is rushing yards two of his three years, and would have again if......"

Well yes, he had at least 20+ carries than every other running back every year, so most above average backs would lead the league in rushing. What about his rushing TDs, lack of broken tackles per carry, lack of elusiveness, average yards per carry, his league leading fumbles, lack of gaining dirty yards, his poor route running, his lack of long plays, his..

"BUT HE LEAD THE LEAGUE IN RUSHING!!!!

If you think that's simply saying yikes, then you'll really get a kick as to how poor your arguments are LMAO:laugh:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

He's lead the league is rushing yards two of his three years, and would have again if......"

Well yes, he had at least 20+ carries than every other running back every year, so most above average backs would lead the league in rushing. What about his rushing TDs, lack of broken tackles per carry, lack of elusiveness, average yards per carry, his league leading fumbles, lack of gaining dirty yards, his poor route running, his lack of long plays, his..

If you think that's simply saying yikes, then you'll really get a kick as to how poor your arguments are LMAO:laugh:

Bolding, eh? Maybe you should use large font too? I'm sure that'll make your first grade arguments more convincing. :muttley:

mcmvp

Reaction score

Now it's game planning- which every single player is game planned against. Thinking Dak isnt game planned against shows a true lack of any subject specific knowledge. It's flabberghasting that someone would write it.

And the fact is on 3rd and short every team is game planning against the RB on those circumstances, and our running back performs well below average there.

It's great to make believe things that are harder to be disproved, but they don't actually carry any weight.

Sure everyone is game planned for. But where a lack of knowledge is shown is by those that claim D-Coordinators don’t focus more on stopping the Cowboys running game. That is their first priority and to claim otherwise is ridiculous.

jnday

Reaction score

You might want to double check your fumble numbers. E has twelve fumbles last year, so Zeke didn’t even lead his team in fumbles.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
“Update on Zeke Elliott and the #Cowboys: the two sides communicated in the late afternoon,” Robinson tweeted. “Dallas is frustrated with the last exchange. After Saturday’s momentum, Cowboys expected more compromise to get a deal done today. Didn’t happen, so it’s on to Monday and a hopeful reset.”

Robinson echoed local reporters who reported similar Sunday evening, that Elliott and the Cowboys remain deadlocked on the parameters of his would-be pact.

“Update: A #Cowboys front office source showed less optimism than the source quoted in above report about the momentum toward an agreement,” WFAA’s Mike Leslie tweeted. “This source characterizes the likelihood that a deal gets done in time for Elliott to be ready to play Week 1 as ’50/50.'”

Leslie added: “In fact, this source says the Cowboys have not talked with Elliott’s representatives today… and when asked what’s left to be ironed out, the response was ‘Everything. We’re not close.'”

iamliko22

Reaction score

Why is he gonna get this contract?? I mean he sucks right?

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
I find it odd that a guy can lead the NFL in rushing since he arrived in the league yet some fans look for any reason to criticize him.

I can barely imagine the criticism he'd get if he was a top-five pick bum like Trent Richardson. :rolleyes:
Maybe because Zeke is a **** head, and he is wearing thin on everyone. Dude has been a headache his entire carrer. It's getting old!