Twitter: Negotiations with Zeke have intensified **merged**

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Dude, ****. There has been ONE time I’ve ever mentioned him being hurt which was years ago and in response to other posters here celebrating players from other teams being injured which I find disgusting. Since you claim to know so much about me then you should already know the context and circumstances behind my comments at the time.

But you don’t know jack. You constantly make accusations with no proof or substance, you think you have others figured out based on nothing. You make things up just to prove a point. Why the hell I’ve wasted my time with you this long is more baffling then what happened to DB Cooper.

I’ve always said I would cheer for him during the game and that’s where it ends. I want whats best for the team, and personal feelings about Ewok aside, I don’t think RB’s are worth that much, especially with our O line and one with serious character issues.
Lol... rowr!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
At this point all I really care about is fielding the best team possible week 1 for this season, let the details work themselves out, and hopefully a deal gets done that protects both sides.
I look forward to and can only envision at this point a backfield that not only includes Zeke, but a ready to roll, conditioned rook in Pollard.
Pollard got more reps than most rookie RBs in this league, and he has been playing under the assumption that he will be starting.
Getting Zeke back in the fold, and having a ready to roll 2nd punch in Pollard will be a very dangerous component that comp will have to deal with.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I cant wait until all the sore losers who hate EE and didnt want him back EAT CROW and backtrack.. al those worried about Jerrys money is not what fans should worry about.. they will work the cap and Zekes ON Field play the fans should worry about.. it what we get to actually gripe about in season.. :flagwave::thumbup:

he will help us win and Pollard will still have big role SHOULD he be anything close to predicted..Poor Pollard and his fanbase thought he was about to start for the DC..Awe..:flagwave:

Batman1980

Reaction score
I cant wait until all the sore losers who hate EE and didnt want him back EAT CROW and backtrack.. al those worried about Jerrys money is not what fans should worry about.. they will work the cap and Zekes ON Field play the fans should worry about.. it what we get to actually gripe about in season.. :flagwave::thumbup:

he will help us win and Pollard will still have big role SHOULD he be anything close to predicted..Poor Pollard and his fanbase thought he was about to start for the DC..Awe..:flagwave:

I will not backtrack, I am still against paying him or even having a crybaby like him on the roster. It would take a championship or championships for me to change my mind on Zeke.

aria

Reaction score
Lol... rowr!
People like that piss me off, don’t tell me what I want unless you can provide quotes. He’s been known to make accusations and then just disappear with no response or nothing factual to back it up. Stuff like that should be a time out offense.

I’m not saying I haven’t misinterpreted someones comments but at least I’ve apologized for being wrong whne the comments were clarified. This guy just throws schtuff out there to see what sticks.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Compare the career accolades for the first 4 seasons between Emmitt and Zeke and tell me Zeke is worth this kind of cash.
Saying I don’t want for him to get paid and lay back and not run as hard now that he got his contract.

aria

Reaction score

This all assuming Zeke will be worth the money, that’s a big assumption that won’t be figured out for a few years.

CWR

Reaction score

Hes my boy when he plays for us, otherwise he can suck an egg lol.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Now that would anger me. You are getting your money and we all knew he would. Getting it 2 years early (at least 1) and now sets up other players not just on our team but in the NFL. Get your money and don’t give the same effort you did before you got it. Just back off and let himself go. Hoping his pride and commitment to compete is as big as his ego. You got paid now get me a ring.

should have forced him to play under rookie contract
bad precedent that will haunt the team's negotiations
hope the deal does not happen

Batman1980

Reaction score
Saying I don’t want for him to get paid and lay back and not run as hard now that he got his contract.

I still remember all the times he took himself out of games because he wasn't in good enough shape to stay in. Doesn't paint the kind of picture I want for the highest paid runningback in the NFL.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Maybe Zeke is the one caving and signing his offer.

My guess is the deal will have all kinds of ways for Dallas to get out of.

The Rams made a mistake with Gurley and now they’re stuck with that deal.

Not only is Zeke a potential injury risk because of the position he plays but he is a suspension risk as well.

Zeke wants money and Dallas most likely wants ways out of the contract.

Great post! I've railed against Zeke during this holdout and wanted him traded or sit...but if he signs , he gets his money, Cowboys get ways out after a couple years , they have a good bit of cap space, Cap goes up so they can sign Dak and Coop next year...Other dead money and contracts fall off the book to create more cap space. Cap space for 2020 is $67,400,000 ....that does not include Crawford's $9 Million and annual Cap increase...so even if they didn't increase the cap,and just cut Crawford... they're looking at $76 mill in cap space. They can do everything they need to do and sign the core. That doesn't include being able to restructure contracts to create money/ cap space, if they really needed to.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I still remember all the times he took himself out of games because he wasn't in good enough shape to stay in. Doesn't paint the kind of picture I want for the highest paid runningback in the NFL.
And he isn’t going to be in football shape coming in. He may be in good running shape, but has 0 padded practice or contact. He will be limited in the first few games. Watch him get about 12-15 touches against the giants.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Compare the career accolades for the first 4 seasons between Emmitt and Zeke and tell me Zeke is worth this kind of cash.

cant do 4 cause Zeke has only played 3 seasons

Zeke in 3 years .......868 att 4048 yards 4.7y/a 101.2 y/game

Emmitt first 3 years..979 att 4213 yards 4.26 y/a 87.7 y/game

Dont think you will like this lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
This all assuming Zeke will be worth the money, that’s a big assumption that won’t be figured out for a few years.
umm JaylonS has done less and DITTO..

as it with most players especially in true contract years.. I highly doubt Amari will earn 18 mil and Dak can earn 34 mil if that what they are hoping for because we have seen them play, Im more confident Zeke WILL because he has been a top 2 back in this league and hasn't slowed down, if anything last year best year when you add his catches etc..hes also Durable and just turned 25.. im confident he earns it..

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

"I never said...." "I actually like Zeke...." Time to move on to another target. Dak, Cooper, Garrett, anyone???