Nepotism is our biggest problem

Mark

Reaction score
Nepotism is so out of control even jerry himself thinks so much of himself a GM he refuses to hire a real GM. I mean is there any doubt if jerry did not own the team he would have went thru five GM’S by now.
Well, let's give him credit for fostering a organizational culture of continuity.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I guess you didn't see my comments concerning NE and why they were an anomaly. Dallas has won a Super Bowl since SF has. And in any case, are you saying we should just ignore the other 29 teams that you didn't mention?
That sounds like Jerry Dumbo GM Jones revisionist history. The Dallas Cowboys have never been to a NFC Championship game let alone a Super Bowl since 1995. The 49ers have been to at least 2 or 3 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl. NE is not an anomaly. They had stability at HC, QB, and ownership just like Pittsburgh and the other teams I listed. KC has also enjoyed stability at HC, Ownership, and now QB. These teams have leveraged this to be in Conference championship games and Super Bowls since 1995. Why hasn't the Dallas Cowboys? Because they are the Arlington Jonesboys.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Whole NFL is deeply rooted in nepotism.

These kids, hired because they're the Son, Daughter, Nephew, Niece or family friend, start out as "Hydration Coordinators" and in a couple of years, the title changes.
Yep and breaking news it goes far beyond the National Football League

rambo2

Reaction score
That sounds like Jerry Dumbo GM Jones revisionist history. The Dallas Cowboys have never been to a NFC Championship game let alone a Super Bowl since 1995. The 49ers have been to at least 2 or 3 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl. NE is not an anomaly. They had stability at HC, QB, and ownership just like Pittsburgh and the other teams I listed. KC has also enjoyed stability at HC, Ownership, and now QB. These teams have leveraged this to be in Conference championship games and Super Bowls since 1995. Why hasn't the Dallas Cowboys? Because they are the Arlington Jonesboys.
The 49ers have not won the Super Bowl in 28 years. Maybe it's 29 now. Whatever it is, it is 1 year longer than the Cowboys and either one of them could win this year.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Stephen is a function of nepotism, true. The other stuff is dumb sentimentalism or naked marketing. In any event, we aren't managed by professional football people.
Really? You think if your full-time job for 30+ years was football operations that you wouldn’t be ‘football people’?

I’m not now, but put me in that position and I may suck the first few years, but I’d be very skilled after a decade, much less 3 of them.

The Cowboys are one of the best drafting teams and are very well run. Jerry and family aren’t coaches and don’t try to be, but unless you tell me that you started for a collegiate national championship team and then worked in any capacity for an NFL team for 30 years, I’m going to say that Jerry knows exponentially more about football than you ever will.

rambo2

Reaction score
Really? You think if your full-time job for 30+ years was football operations that you wouldn’t be ‘football people’?

I’m not now, but put me in that position and I may suck the first few years, but I’d be very skilled after a decade, much less 3 of them.

The Cowboys are one of the best drafting teams and are very well run. Jerry and family aren’t coaches and don’t try to be, but unless you tell me that you started for a collegiate national championship team and then worked in any capacity for an NFL team for 30 years, I’m going to say that Jerry knows exponentially more about football than you ever will.
Right on the money. It's so funny what some people think.

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
The only person of interest that may a job with cowboys due to nepotism is Steven jones.
What’s wrong with having your number one son looking after yours and the family interest ?

Would you not do the same ? If not that says more about you and your family ties and trust !

Everyone has a job or interest due to someone they know. Get over it !

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nepotism isn't the biggest problem. It's Jerry Jones thinking he's a GM and smarter than everyone else. 28 years and counting.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
I guess you didn't see my comments concerning NE and why they were an anomaly. Dallas has won a Super Bowl since SF has. And in any case, are you saying we should just ignore the other 29 teams that you didn't mention?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I do hope you are on to something, good fellow.
We can hope.
But we often waste players, IMO, and so far, it looks like we're wasting Deuce.

Deuce is not a legitimate tailback, and yet that's how we used him this year. And that's despite spending a decade on "tweener" "web backs", which is obviously the kind of position he should be playing.

We had Connor Williams at G his entire time here. I thought he was a much more natural T, but despite always needing a backfill for Tyron at LT, and despite our other backups stinking, Williams didn't get a chance there.
And whaddya know? We let him leave, Miami flips him to C, and he has his best season ever. His second season was a huge jump. He was in competition for All Pro this year before he got hurt.
I don't recall Connor every being put in competition for C while he was here.

We finally throw a deep pass to Pollard last year, it's a 60+ TD, and we never do it again.

Will Deuce never really get a chance at his natural position here? Maybe. We kinda suck at using players, and so far we've sucked at using Deuce.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The only person of interest that may a job with cowboys due to nepotism is Steven jones.
What’s wrong with having your number one son looking after yours and the family interest ?
And Steven has not been bad at it from a football perspective. Seems to work well with McClay, and is the guy pushing against over paying "our guys".
He seems at least better than Jerry.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The 49ers have not won the Super Bowl in 28 years. Maybe it's 29 now. Whatever it is, it is 1 year longer than the Cowboys and either one of them could win this year.
Revisionist History - Read what I said. "The 49ers have been to at least 2 or 3 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl." The Arlington Jonesboys have not sniffed a NFC Championship game which means they have not gone to a Super Bowl in 28 years.

Your whole point was that long term success could not be done with salary cap and free agency. Your point was proven wrong. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones could not do anything with salary cap and free agency to get a team to a Conference championship. Other teams (Patriots, Steelers, Chiefs, 49ers, Greenbay, Saints, Colts, Eagles, Seattle, etc.) have had success since 1995 to prove you and Jerry WRONG. Stability at HC, Ownership, and Quarterback as Tex said leads to long term challenging for and winning Championships.

Jimmy Johnson as he said left every team he coached in great hands to continue success. What Jimmy built and lasted for 7 years, Jerry Dumbo GM Jones destroy and maintain the destruction for 28 years and counting. It is 2024. Happy New Year.

Cmac

Reaction score
I thought undersized LBs, interior DL play, poor clock management, situational football, undisciplined play, failing to respond to physical play, pre-snap penalties, unnecessary prevent defense schemes and OL problems were head and shoulders above nepotism.

kskboys

Reaction score
I thought undersized LBs, interior DL play, poor clock management, situational football, undisciplined play, failing to respond to physical play, pre-snap penalties, unnecessary prevent defense schemes and OL problems were head and shoulders above nepotism.
Nepotism causes all that.