Nepotism is our biggest problem

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
One instance of nepotism (Deuce) and it's our biggest problem?
I have to admit, lad, tha I cheered the Deuce pick based on his film highlights.
Of all the problems me team has, I just do not see nepotism as a top worry.
6th round pick.
Not something for anyone to get their panties in a bunch over.
I still think he has some potential they develop him as a WR and returner. Looks like a very natural receiver to me.

If anyone wants to gripe, gripe about how we overpay our own guys. Even when they're coming back from major injuries. Gallup, Schulz, Pollard. 7 figures. Real money.
"We like our guys".

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Next time you’re trying to defend the deuce pick think About that. Deuce like taco was an absolute waste of a pick. We got zero out of either one. Now that is nepotism
The draft value of the Deuce pick was 6.2.
The total draft value we had for that draft was 1190.
Deuce was about 0.5% of our draft spend.
Irrelevant.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
6th round pick.
I still think he has some potential they develop him as a WR and returner. Looks like a very natural receiver to me.

If anyone wants to gripe, gripe about how we overpay our own guys. Even when they're coming back from major injuries. Gallup, Schulz, Pollard. 7 figures. Real money.
"We like our guys".
A natural receiver? At 5'6"?
I dunno, but the 80s rocker @TheMightyVanHalen says I dunno know football. But here goes. Maybe as a featured slot, wot?

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
6th round pick.

"We like our guys".
That is a direct result of nepotism. Jerry believes that if he pays somebody 40 million a year it automatically mean they will play like they’re worth 40 million. He believes paying dak top ten money makes him automatically top ten talent.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Whole NFL is deeply rooted in nepotism.

These kids, hired because they're the Son, Daughter, Nephew, Niece or family friend, start out as "Hydration Coordinators" and in a couple of years, the title changes.
Look at NE, Belichick hired his football nothing sons and now the Patriots look more like today's Bears or some AAA football team than the Patriot teams of the past ...............LOL!!!! One son is a LBer coach and the other son is a Safeties coach, now this is flat-out nepotism at it's worst!

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
A natural receiver? At 5'6"?
I dunno, but the 80s rocker @TheMightyVanHalen says I dunno know football. But here goes. Maybe as a featured slot, wot?
Hey toffee-nosed tally whacker, don't be tagging me. I have absolutely ZERO respect for you after you brought up my mom in a negative way to try and insult me, and also talked out of your *** about our country in that 4th of July thread. You're a punk *** troll and you will always be a punk *** troll. Get lost! :rolleyes:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hey toffee-nosed tally whacker, don't be tagging me. I have absolutely ZERO respect for you after you brought up my mom in a negative way to try and insult me, and also talked out of your *** about our country in that 4th of July thread. You're a punk *** troll and you will always be a punk *** troll. Get lost! :rolleyes:
5 rules violations in 1 post?
You seem to be hurting, lashing out.
Oh, 80s rocker, if only vanhalen were relevant again, even alive, we could get together at your double wide and hear the good 1985 tunes on stream. Or not. :muttley:

bigE79

Reaction score
You only look at the fact Jerry made no moves to sure up depth and improve glaring weaknesses. Diggs goes down. Jerry does nothing, LVE goes down. Jerry does nothing. Then how they wasted a pick on 5 ft nothing deuce when we needed a real rb who could push it in from the goal line. simply to make his papa proud and in servitude to jerry forever. Nepotism is so out of control even jerry himself thinks so much of himself a GM he refuses to hire a real GM. I mean is there any doubt if jerry did not own the team he would have went thru five GM’S by now. Now I love Jerry as an owner and he has changed the league forever but his nepotism his own and the cowboys worst enemy.
Real question,if you owned a sports team,you telling me you wouldn't have your family involved also... Jerry is doing what I bet most of the other owners do...hell look a the Steelers for example, only thing different is Jerry is the gm.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You only look at the fact Jerry made no moves to sure up depth and improve glaring weaknesses. Diggs goes down. Jerry does nothing, LVE goes down. Jerry does nothing. Then how they wasted a pick on 5 ft nothing deuce when we needed a real rb who could push it in from the goal line. simply to make his papa proud and in servitude to jerry forever. Nepotism is so out of control even jerry himself thinks so much of himself a GM he refuses to hire a real GM. I mean is there any doubt if jerry did not own the team he would have went thru five GM’S by now. Now I love Jerry as an owner and he has changed the league forever but his nepotism his own and the cowboys worst enemy.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Again, a website who I'm sure when most log off practices nepotism complains about it online. Lame. It's not farfetched to figure that out based on the demographics of this website. That's what makes this funny

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Had nothing to do with the introduction of the salary cap and free agency, right?
Nope see NE, Pittsburgh, and SF (to name a few off the top of my head). Consistency at QB, HC, and ownership (not the owner being the GM) is what maintains long term football success. It has nothing to do with salary cap or free agency as far as the teams I named.

By the way that "QB, HC, Ownership" quote came from Tex Schramm.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Nope see NE, Pittsburgh, and SF (to name a few off the top of my head). Consistency at QB, HC, and ownership (not the owner being the GM) is what maintains long term football success. It has nothing to do with salary cap or free agency as far as the teams I named.

By the way that "QB, HC, Ownership" quote came from Tex Schramm.
I guess you didn't see my comments concerning NE and why they were an anomaly. Dallas has won a Super Bowl since SF has. And in any case, are you saying we should just ignore the other 29 teams that you didn't mention?

kskboys

Reaction score
Idk whose argument is worse. Yours or the guy who tried to claim it was jimmys fault that Jerry hired Dave campo.
IDK whose conclusion is worse, yours or Jeffrey Dahlmer.

You should prolly go away and read a couple books or something where you can learn to give answers that make at least a little bit of sense.

kskboys

Reaction score
Next time you’re trying to defend the deuce pick think About that. Deuce like taco was an absolute waste of a pick. We got zero out of either one. Now that is nepotism
He was a 6th. Another nonsensical argument.

kskboys

Reaction score
They never really spent any money on supporting players either. Think how many hall of farmers played on patriots. Gronk , randy moss, Welker maybe that’s it
And yet another nonsensical point. Do you even know who Richard Seymour is? Troy Brown, Asante Samuel, Vince Wilfork, Ted Washington, Teddy Bruschi, Logan Mankins, Ty Warren, Vrabel, Willie McGinest, Rodney Harrison, Eugene Wilson. Brady won his first 3 super bowls w/ a veritable Who's who on D.

Let me guess, you've never heard of these guys.

kskboys

Reaction score
Real question,if you owned a sports team,you telling me you wouldn't have your family involved also... Jerry is doing what I bet most of the other owners do...hell look a the Steelers for example, only thing different is Jerry is the gm.
Involved? Absolutely, no problem w/ that. Insisting on running the team? That's about the stupidest thing ever in the NFL.

Jerry is absolutely not doing what other owners do. Other owners hire a GM and get out of the way. Give the family jobs as ticket selling asst's or some other flabber job.

Do you really not see the difference in hiring family for some BS job and insisting on family being GM and running the team?

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
And yet another nonsensical point. Do you even know who Richard Seymour is? Troy Brown, Asante Samuel, Vince Wilfork, Ted Washington, Teddy Bruschi, Logan Mankins, Ty Warren, Vrabel, Willie McGinest, Rodney Harrison, Eugene Wilson. Brady won his first 3 super bowls w/ a veritable Who's who on D.

Let me guess, you've never heard of these guys.most are not hall of fame level. They did not pay for those guys by Brady taking less. Brady was still making peanuts in those days

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
He was a 6th. Another nonsensical argument.
Still a waste. A lot of sixth round players have went on to become elite. You got to find the right one. Sometimes you get lucky. However you don’t get lucky when you waste the pick on one who clearly never will be.