Twitter: Netflix wins bid for 10-episode docu-series on Jerry Jones/90's Cowboys

MS17

Reaction score
agree-I liked it better when the game was the focus-not the stadium or how everyone is dressed up
Total agreement. Football and baseball is interwoven in America's image, what we are. The pure enjoyment of the sport is elusive now.
The game is enough, doesn't need the Tv glitz, celebrity, space age stadiums made out of fiber glass and nylon, and domes that never open.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Dude knows how to make money off a 30 years of losing. Gotta give him credit on that one. Were going to need captions on this one with Jerry.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
So, you’re not a Cowboys fan. Got it.

Honestly, anyone who is living in the 60’s-80’s and never got past Tex and Tom and insist on referencing the “Arlington Jones Boys” are like Browns fans who were never able to move past Art Modell

Or Raiders fans who never got past Al Davis

Life moves on. Things change.

The world doesn’t stop at whatever point in time you identified as a “fan”.

Root for *our* team or just drift off into the obscurity of the “good ol’ days” and let the real fans root for the Dallas Cowboys even if they aren’t perfect and don’t make us remember what it was like “when we were young”.
Life long DALLAS COWBOYS fan (1966-present). Not an Arlington Jonesboys fan 1996 to present).

I thought you figured that out by now.

You said that the Dallas Cowboys were a dumpster fire before Jerry Jones. That is not true. You can not appear in 5 Super Bowls, 14 NFC-NFL Championship games, qualified for 19 playoff games in 21 years with 20 winning seasons. That is the Dallas Cowboys "America's Team" and not a dumpster fire. And again, I hate to give you the truth but Jimmy Johnson, Bob Ackles and John Wooten put together the 1990's Dynasty not Jerry Jones. Jerry as he said was trying to payoff Bum Brights debt as he leveraged the only income producing asset he had which was the Dallas Cowboys. Jerry lies about that saying the Cowboys were losing millions. The US Government is not going to take a % of ownership in an asset to cover a debt that is losing millions of dollars (see US take ownership % in the Auto Makers during the 2009 financial crisis. But, I am sure Jerry will spin his tales of how it was him that scouted, drafted, use plan B free agency, and traded for players to build the Cowboys 90's dynasty while making money using Texas Stadium and pay off the debt he assumed. Yeah right.

But, You are right about this for all Cowboy fans. Your life has moved on 27 years without a NFC Championship game appearance. The only NFL Team with that distinction the last 27 years. That was when you were young or when my son was 5 years old. My son now has a son.

So you keep drinking that Jerry Jones kool aid. Netflix will give every Arlington Jonesboys fan what Jerry promised..keep the Cowboys relevant. That is stay relevant and not champions. Stay Champions is what the Dallas Cowboys did except for those THREE years before Jerry Jones.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Jerry might end up with 2 more rings. Not likely, but he has a shot.
He darn sure can afford 2 more rings. But undoubtedly Super Bowl rings are not his priority.

At least we got back to back winning seasons with playoff appearances the last 2 years.

T-RO

Reaction score
Were going to need captions on this one with Jerry.
My sense is they are going to lean on lots of historical video. Don't think anyone can bear listening to Jerry now.

And it's a way bigger show than Jerry, thank God.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I wonder if they will have subtitles to translate from Jerry speak to English.
now that would be hilarious, and make it worth watching!
I might get copys of it just to add my own subtitles!

And it said jerrys team lol, but it was Jimmys team ! From 97 to now is jerrys team.

T-RO

Reaction score
NFL is making well over $1 billion each year thru its formally licensed gambling partners, $2 billion for all it's partnerships.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/26/tec...fl-earn-almost-2-billion-in-sponsorships.html

Historically Jerry helped set the precedent for these partnership deals. He also was one of the owners who helped push the NFL to embrace gambling revenues.

$50 million is a nice one-off 'coup for the Joneses and the NFL, but nothing real special. If you got a dollar on your desk...NFL parties are quite happy to take it. If you want to sell your house on a gambling bet...they're happy to take that money too.

Me? I'll sign up for few months of Netflix to watch the series. Then cancel.