Video: Never forget what they said and what they really mean

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Maybe, JUST MAYBE they would like for him to actually be consistent before they pole vault him into the top tier of QBs?

Dak has ONE season over 4,000 yards passing and one season at 30 TDs. Why should he be up there with guys that do it every year? Because he has a star on his helmet?

Let Dak prove it on the field before you crown him. These guys are right until Dak proves them wrong.

Explain Josh Allen by those standards?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Explain Josh Allen by those standards?
Josh Allen was a top draft pick and is living up to that. He's already lead his team to more playoff wins than Dak. He already has more rushing TDs than Dak. Josh Allen's numbers and success last season would have easily been Daks best season.

Allen is having success without a top RB carrying him. Dak has never lead the Cowboys to the playoffs without his RB winning the rushing title that season. Josh Allen is winning playoff games with a RB that had 600 yards on the year.

Josh Allen 100% deserves to be ahead of Dak on any and every QB list until Dak proves otherwise, imo. You have to rate one ahead of the other, right? Josh Allen EASILY deserves that over Dak.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Josh Allen was a top draft pick and is living up to that. He's already lead his team to more playoff wins than Dak. He already has more rushing TDs than Dak. Josh Allen's numbers and success last season would have easily been Daks best season.

Allen is having success without a top RB carrying him. Dak has never lead the Cowboys to the playoffs without his RB winning the rushing title that season. Josh Allen is winning playoff games with a RB that had 600 yards on the year.

Josh Allen 100% deserves to be ahead of Dak on any and every QB list until Dak proves otherwise, imo. You have to rate one ahead of the other, right? Josh Allen EASILY deserves that over Dak.
I have Dak rated above Josh just because he is better

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

but he has not done it consistantly....correct?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Allen has gotten better every year. He is now at an MVP level, with playoff success, and with no run game behind him.

Dak's best season is still his rookie season.

LOL man if you think Dak played better in 2016 than in 2019, again your ridiculous. The Cowboys were better in 2016 but i already know you can't seperate team achievments from the individual player.....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
LOL man if you think Dak played better in 2016 than in 2019, again your ridiculous. The Cowboys were better in 2016 but i already know you can't seperate team achievments from the individual player.....
Dak was better in 2016 than he was in 2019. That in turn made the Cowboys a better team in 2016.

Dak is a great bus driver(I do not think this is a bad thing) and we went 13-3 in 2016 because of it, but in 2019 he wanted to be like Mahomes and we went 8-8 for it.

He threw 150 more passes in 2019 than he did in 2016. So, of course his passing numbers will be better, but the team overall suffered for it and that's all that matters to me.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak was better in 2016 than he was in 2019. That in turn made the Cowboys a better team in 2016.

Dak is a great bus driver(I do not think this is a bad thing) and we went 13-3 in 2016 because of it, but in 2019 he wanted to be like Mahomes and we went 8-8 for it.

He threw 150 more passes in 2019 than he did in 2016. So, of course his passing numbers will be better, but the team overall suffered for it and that's all that matters to me.

The team suffered because the 2016 team was better than the 2019 team man you can't get that can you...The QB and WR play was in fact better the 2019 season..the o-line play and both defense and special teams was in fact much worse in 2019 than in 2016...this isn't hard to see. Again try and take your "the QB is all that matters " glasses off and there isn't even a question on which team was better. The running game the defense and special teams in 2016 was much better than 2019...those are facts.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The team suffered because the 2016 team was better than the 2019 team man you can't get that can you...The QB and WR play was in fact better the 2019 season..the o-line play and both defense and special teams was in fact much worse in 2019 than in 2016...this isn't hard to see. Again try and take your "the QB is all that matters " glasses off and there isn't even a question on which team was better. The running game the defense and special teams in 2016 was much better than 2019...those are facts.
Is it a surprise to you that it clearly seems the more Dak throws the ball the worst the team becomes overall.

2019 was when we decided to be a passing team all of a sudden because of Kellen Moore and the record shows. 8-8.

2020 was off to another roaring passing start before the injury. 1-3.

The more we pass the less success we have as a team. Dak is not Mahomes. Dak is more Tannehill.

Dak is not built for that. He's not that dude.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Is it a surprise to you that it clearly seems the more Dak throws the ball the worst the team becomes overall.

2019 was when we decided to be a passing team all of a sudden because of Kellen Moore and the record shows. 8-8.

The more we pass the less success we have as a team. Dak is not Mahomes. Dak is more Tannehill.

I don't know if he is or is not...again what I want to see is the 2016 "like" team with 2021 Dak, if we can run the ball like that and play defense like that then I think Dak can make even better throws downfield now then he did then. PA, TOP, Starting field position...all get better if you can run the ball......things that keep you from running the ball. Turnovers, defense is giving up 5ypc and record yards and points, most of your O-line going out with injury and finally your starting QB is out for the season. You going to get very few arguments from me that a strong running game leads to a good offense, what I will argue is this teams losses are because of the QB play, there are way bigger holes on this team than the QB who is doing just fine (when he was not injured).

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Dak got paid because he can be that dude if needed. But keep up your hate parade against Dak. It’s highly entertaining.