Video: Never forget what they said and what they really mean

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Wow, a civil response? I will oblige.

You said some are saying Dak "is a virtual lock for 6000 yards".

Please show me where multiple people are claiming that its a LOCK?

There are 6 pages on the QB1 - 6,000 yard man thread. Numerous posters are talking about Dak's odds of being the guy to do it as if he's the lead candidate.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This team respects Dak, I'm sure of that.
I don't know about that.

If he's Mr. Always Say The Right Thing in the locker room like he is in the media then I wouldn't think he is very respected. They like him because he's their buddy, not their leader. A leader gets up in faces and doesn't care to hurts feelings or egos. I've never seen or heard of Dak doing that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There are 6 pages on the QB1 - 6,000 yard man thread. Numerous posters are talking about Dak's odds of being the guy to do it as if he's the lead candidate.

Lock would be 100%. Did anyone take that stance?

McKDaddy

Reaction score

I said virtual lock as in they think he has a real shot at doing it. First, no one is going to sniff it this year. Second, Prescott would be well down the odd's sheet as the person to do it as he has only surpassed 4K once.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't have time to watch all of those videos to hear what they said . . . could anyone tell me what they "Really Mean"

Nothing in the three videos I've watched suggested they meant anything other than what they said. So I'm at a loss.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

His best season was 2019 when he threw for 4902 yards, an average of 306 per game, which isn't too shabby. Even with the extra game I doubt he will be able to reach 6k. He would have to average 353 yards a game. Unless they revert to a pass only offense reaching 6k yards is a pipe dream, and even then it won't be a given. The offense needs balance if they want to succeed. What is more important, Dak's personal stats or the team winning a bunch of games and trying to get to the super bowl?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Are not ...
Are too ...
Not true ...
Yes it is true ...
You don't know ...
No, that's you ...
Homer ...
Hater ...
You have no life ...
Neither do you ...

Okay we agree.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
His best season was 2019 when he threw for 4902 yards, an average of 306 per game, which isn't too shabby. Even with the extra game I doubt he will be able to reach 6k. He would have to average 353 yards a game. Unless they revert to a pass only offense reaching 6k yards is a pipe dream, and even then it won't be a given. The offense needs balance if they want to succeed.

Exactly, I would be a significant amount that no one gets close this year. When they add the 18th game, that's when it would be in jeopardy.

starfan1

Reaction score
Just scroll on by starfan just another Dak thread Scroll on by

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Are not ...
Are too ...
Not true ...
Yes it is true ...
You don't know ...
No, that's you ...
Homer ...
Hater ...
You have no life ...
Neither do you ...

Okay we agree.
It's exactly what the OP wanted. He doesn't care, he just wanted to stir up crap.
The purest definition of a troll.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I guess you dont read so well. LOL

My point was that I agree with most of the video stuff.

So on Sundays you dont even watch the games? Well that makes sense. A casual fan that doesnt understand football and just looks at the W/L record to judge the QB.

Or perhaps the 'casual fan' is very knowledgeable but chooses to be with family and God on Sundays as opposed to wasting 3+ hours in front of a television.

acr731

Reaction score
Exactly, I would be a significant amount that no one gets close this year. When they add the 18th game, that's when it would be in jeopardy.

Maybe. Peyton Manning threw for an NFL record 5477 yards in 2013, an average of 342 a game. In an 18 game season, and assuming he keeps the same average per game, he would end up with 6161 yards.

Dak was on pace to throw for an NFL record 5939 yards before he got injured in 2020. But there is no way he would have maintained an average of 371 yards a game to get there. The factors that contributed to him having to pass more wouldn't have lasted the entire season. The defense was giving up 30 points a game through the first 6 games, but dropped to 25 a game the rest of the season.

Last edited:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
His best season was 2019 when he threw for 4902 yards, an average of 306 per game, which isn't too shabby. Even with the extra game I doubt he will be able to reach 6k. He would have to average 353 yards a game. Unless they revert to a pass only offense reaching 6k yards is a pipe dream, and even then it won't be a given. The offense needs balance if they want to succeed. What is more important, Dak's personal stats or the team winning a bunch of games and trying to get to the super bowl?
That might have been his best season in some statistical categories but his rookie year was a top 5 level in QB productivity and efficiency. He will chuck it all over the field this year and people will love it but I fear we will never see that level of efficiency again.

acr731

Reaction score
Or perhaps the 'casual fan' is very knowledgeable but chooses to be with family and God on Sundays as opposed to wasting 3+ hours in front of a television.

My grand daughter is only 5 months old, so this is the first season where I will choose an afternoon with her over football, and it won't even be every weekend. You would think that would be an easy decision to make, but I guess I will be less of a fan in his eyes because of it. Ask me if I care what he thinks.......

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Im on a Cowboys fan forum talking about the Cowboys and their great QB.

What do you do every day? You dont even belong here the way you talk. You have more in common with Eagles fans that hate the Cowboys. You would get much better reception over there. Why dont you delete our account and set up a new handle over there. YOu could call yourself....................GrandpahateDak?:lmao2::lmao2:

How about you stop telling people to change their viewpoint or delete their accounts as this is a place where free expression is welcomed and appreciated by most. Also, you lessen your position with the constant insults and name calling as in spite of the rule violation you continue to be allowed to do it so how about showing self control and adult respect for others.

acr731

Reaction score
That might have been his best season in some statistical categories but his rookie year was a top 5 level in QB productivity and efficiency. He will chuck it all over the field this year and people will love it but I fear we will never see that level of efficiency again.

He had a respectable 3667 yards and 23 TD's. The difference is that the team had a great running game and didn't have to rely on him so much. I would take that over 6000 yards and an 8-9 record any day.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
My grand daughter is only 5 months old, so this is the first season where I will choose an afternoon with her over football, and it won't even be every weekend. You would think that would be an easy decision to make, but I guess I will be less of a fan in his eyes because of it. Ask me if I care what he thinks.......

He likes to hurl personal attacks so give him as much credence as changing the toilet paper role. You do not need to justify to anyone choosing to spend time with your little angel as that is the sign of a good man.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Actually the definition of lock as it relates to this situation (as in a lock to do something) is: "one that is assured of success or favorable outcome

Therefore that does not equate to 100% as assured is seen as confidence so his claim that numerous people are assured Dak would pass for 6,000+ yards is accurate.