Video: Never forget what they said and what they really mean

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Maybe. Peyton Manning threw for an NFL record 5477 yards in 2013, an average of 342 a game. In an 18 game season, and assuming he keeps the same average per game, he would end up with 6161 yards.

Dak was on pace to throw for an NFL record 5939 yards before he got injured in 2020. But there is no way he would have maintained an average of 371 yards a game to get there. The factors that contributed to him having to pass more wouldn't have lasted the entire season.

There is truth to the adage that "records are made to be broken" but there is also truth that sometimes the records get set so high that it takes a perfect storm to approach them. In a 18 game season, its definitely more likely but still will take a lot of things falling in place.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Or perhaps the 'casual fan' is very knowledgeable but chooses to be with family and God on Sundays as opposed to wasting 3+ hours in front of a television.
Yet, then spend time (seems like a lot) on the internet arguing with more dedicated fans (his argument is they’re too dedicated) about why they defend a player so much??

Makes total sense. He’s a great guy with his priorities perfectly in line.

Thank you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I said virtual lock as in they think he has a real shot at doing it. First, no one is going to sniff it this year. Second, Prescott would be well down the odd's sheet as the person to do it as he has only surpassed 4K once.

Lock means its done. Anyone that thinks its a lock is kidding themselves.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Or perhaps the 'casual fan' is very knowledgeable but chooses to be with family and God on Sundays as opposed to wasting 3+ hours in front of a television.

It all makes sense now. :thumbup:

Poof.................................................

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You just said you care more about spending time with your GD than watching the games there genius.

I know nothing of your life and I dont care to.

Did you reread my post and figure out I WASNT defending Dak but actually agreeing with most of the negative videos?

Nah, your too busy to actually pay attention right?
IDK, I see most of your post are insinuating that everyone else is a casual fan, but I rarely actually see you breaking down X's and O's when the pros get busy in this forum and start talking.
For some reason I never really see you in those discussions, but rather trying to exonerate yourself by belittling others opinions.
Dont forget I have given you plenty of likes..lol
and know Im not running and ducking,, I can take the counter punches that Im sure are coming...
peace

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dak is not a top 5 QB. True statement. But is this really a problem if he is ranked 7th or 8th? He is still a good QB.

Dak is not a blank check guy. Dak is not a $40 million QB. I agree with these statements too, at least I did until the Cowboys gave him $40 million which for all intents and purposes was a blank check. All that matters in this case is what Jerry thinks and he expressed his thoughts by writing that big check.

If the Cowboys were concerned Dak was not the guy, I understand that too. I was in the same place after that Eagles game in 2019. Dak started the year like a house on fire but mid-year he tailed off in a big way the bottom was the Eagles game. That gave me pause as well.

And finally, the frustration. Sure. The Cowboys were frustrated because Dak was determined not to sign a contract until the last minute hoping to squeeze Dallas until they were forced to pay him or let him go. Damn frustrating. I posted numerous times I would have let him go if he wanted $40 million. I would have franchised him and traded him to the highest bidder outside the NFC East. I like Dak, but the GM has to show some responsibility when he hands out contracts. If there was no CAP then give Dak his $40 million, but overpaying players hurts the team and the Cowboys had already overpaid Zeke, DLaw, Amari and Jaylon.

All this is moot, of course. Dak is signed for 4 more years. If he gets paid $165 million over that period and wins nothing then the criticisms will begin again, as they should.
Its like a starving man that has been dragged through hell and back being asked if he prefers an apple over a pear.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I've been here since February and in that short amount of time I've seen Roy make fun of a military member and now a guy that said he likes to spend time with his grandbaby on Sundays. .

Why is he allowed to post again?
Ive been here for years, and your just scratching the surface with Military and grandchildren insults...:laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
IDK, I see most of your post are insinuating that everyone else is a casual fan, but I rarely actually see you breaking down X's and O's when the pros get busy in this forum and start talking.
For some reason I never really see you in those discussions, but rather trying to exonerate yourself by belittling others opinions.
Dont forget I have given you plenty of likes..lol
and know Im not running and ducking,, I can take the counter punches that Im sure are coming...
peace

I rarely actually see you breaking down X's and O's when the pros get busy in this forum and start talking.

Not sure what you referring to here. My expertise is in talent evaluation. In case you havent noticed:thumbup:

visionary

Reaction score
What Dak said: I’m a leader

What Dak means: I’ve “led” the team to no meaningful wins but I really really really want to get paid