New contract for Prescott

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Will it happen This offseason or do you think they will wait?

Jerrah GM won't wait ... he has already consulted with Jerrah owner, and its done.

Probably will give Dak a contract that would end our possibilities , but hey ... we got Garrett so why would i care ?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Many will be disappointed here (I won't).

Dak will be resigned at season's end for something like 6 years/$108 million (with around $66 million guaranteed: $11/season guaranteed), which comes out to around $18 million total/season. Sounds about right since most of the elites (and some not so elites) are averaging $20+ million/season today.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Let him test free agency.
No one is going to throw the bank at him.
Then he can be resigned by the Cowboys at a modest contract.
Yeah let him become a FA then some team will sign him to whatever contract then we will have to wait 3-4 years to get another QB

Q_the_man

Reaction score

Dak will be resigned at season's end for something like 6 years/$108 million (with around $66 million guaranteed: $11/season guaranteed), which comes out to around $18 million total/season. Sounds about right since most of the elites (and some not so elites) are averaging $20+ million/season today.
I'm thinking 4 years 65 mil with a 28 million signing bonus. If he balks at that offer we can play hardball and put him on the bench and watch his next contract in 2020 be like 2 years 16 ml if that

Hardline

Reaction score
Yeah let him become a FA then some team will sign him to whatever contract then we will have to wait 3-4 years to get another QB
No. You don't wait 3-4 years to get another QB. You get on it immediately.
Losing Dak in free agentcy isn't the worst thing that could happen.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Will it happen This offseason or do you think they will wait?
not sure...maybe...there are no other options that would be better at this time.....draft is an unknown and we don't have a first round pick. I think give him a 3 year contract not in Cousins mold, but around 18 a year...that's about right for him... if we go to 20 and we have been had. that would put him around Andy Dalton, Bortles area which is about right

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Jerry is an idiot.....so he will probably give Dak a huge contract to go with that incredible #25 ranked passing attack!

cern

Reaction score
The next 4 games and any playoff games should figure into the equation. Surely dak would like to have the big money now, not later.

conner01

Reaction score
I want a new OC really badly (being me riley please)...will they do it? what if Lamehan makes 3 adjustments the rest of the way and dallas wins a playoff game?
I also want a new OC
I think linehan was more creative against saints with some nice screens
But I think Dak needs a OC who can make a QB better with scheme and design to his strengths
The key is what jerry thinks
We see the need but not sure jerry sees what we see
If your gonna invest in Dak as your QB you better design a system around him and get him a TE

stiletto

Reaction score
He will get a deal I think and I am sure it will be "cap" friendly. Anyone that says he hasn't outplayed his rookie contract is a buffoon.

Verdict

Reaction score
His agent isn’t signing now. They know that it is in their best interest to let Dak ball out next year with another year of Cooper.

I could be wrong but I think they will extend Dak this offseason. Dak is carrying a huge risk of loss right now. If he suffers a career ending/hampering injury next year he will never get paid.

I would probably extend Dak for three more years at about $15.25 million average per year plus escalators. (4 year total deal). $61million total.

I would not pay him much more than that. I chose those numbers because Dak's base salary next year would be in the $1M range, and that would be $20 million per year for the next three years.

That gets Dak some guaranteed money up front and helps protect him from injury. I don't think Dak is actually worth $20M for the following three years but he is worth $15.5 per year over 4 years.

I would not be surprised to see Dak's contract exceed those numbers, but I wouldn't pay that much more than that. If Dak played out next year and was franchised the year after he would not make anywhere near the $30 million that he would make under this proposal.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jerrah GM won't wait ... he has already consulted with Jerrah owner, and its done.

Probably will give Dak a contract that would end our possibilities , but hey ... we got Garrett so why would i care ?

they should shore up Dak ASAP. The kid has a bright future. Any Gm would be tickled pink to find this kid with a 4th round pick.

Mobinvans

Reaction score

Why would you pay 20 mill a year when hes ranked #26....lol

You could sign any scrub for way less than that for the same production

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
im thinking jerry will resign dak for a cool 200 million (10 year) , ending our possibilities of having a stacked offense.

ultron

Reaction score
Have you guys seen the list of 2020 Cowboys free agents? It's half of the starting offense and half of the starting defense. We need to sign some of these guys this year or we're going to lose some very talented players next offseason.