New contract for Prescott

waving monkey

Reaction score
Yes, it will be done in offseason.

I’d like to see more of a 3 year 50 million similar to Bortyles contract.

A contract that doesn’t limit the ability to continue to surround Prescott with Elliotts contact for example upcoming in a couple years.

And 6 years including his first 3 should be enough to fully evaluate if he’s going to be enough to fulfill our goals.
I understand but remember who Dak's agent is.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I relish the the pissing and moaning when this happens. Oh happy day.

The trolls will be reeling. look what they do when Dak rolls out a 4 game win steak and a passer rating of over 100. The go ballistic. LOL

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
No matter what happens the day Dak signs his contract, this board will go ballistic.

uvaballa

Reaction score
He’ll probably get a deal similar to Alex Smith. Highly doubt he’ll get anything close to $30 million/year.

tm1119

Reaction score
100% will happen this off season. Not even a question in my mind. Not that I think hes completely deserving, but it will happen because he’s not playing on a 1 year deal. I’d say he would hold out, but it won’t come to that. Jerry will take care of him.

I’ll guess something like 4 years $80M

uvaballa

Reaction score
100% will happen this off season. Not even a question in my mind. Not that I think hes completely deserving, but it will happen because he’s not playing on a 1 year deal. I’d say he would hold out, but it won’t come to that. Jerry will take care of him.

It’s going to be more than that. I do hope they include a lot of passing and turnover incentives.

csirl

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think they will extend Dak this offseason. Dak is carrying a huge risk of loss right now. If he suffers a career ending/hampering injury next year he will never get paid.

I would probably extend Dak for three more years at about $15.25 million average per year plus escalators. (4 year total deal). $61million total.

I would not pay him much more than that. I chose those numbers because Dak's base salary next year would be in the $1M range, and that would be $20 million per year for the next three years.

That gets Dak some guaranteed money up front and helps protect him from injury. I don't think Dak is actually worth $20M for the following three years but he is worth $15.5 per year over 4 years.

I would not be surprised to see Dak's contract exceed those numbers, but I wouldn't pay that much more than that. If Dak played out next year and was franchised the year after he would not make anywhere near the $30 million that he would make under this proposal.

This is actually a good argument for NOT paying Dak this offseason. Dak having loads of cash if he gets injured is bad for the team.

csirl

Reaction score

No chance of him holding out - it would bury his career.