New Cowboys home jersey?

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v661/payton34smith22/CowboysJersey.jpgBeginning

I just read this on another site,is it true?
I have a buddy I went to college with who works for the Dallas Cowboys and I got this tidbit of information from him:
with the 2006 season (NEXT season) the Cowboys will have a "Mirror" image uniform for the home jersey that matches the style of the away navy jersey. The sleeve stripes will be updated with stars added to match the away jersey, the neckline will have navy and silver striping to match the away jersey, and the uniform numbers will be double-outlined to match the away jersey. While this is a big change, the biggest is perhaps the fact that the AQUA BLUE/GREEN home uniform pants will be GONE, replacing them with the same silver pants worn with the away jersey for a simpler color pattern (white/navy/silver) for both uniforms. He told me this had something to do with a uniform code the NFL had imposed for next season or was in the process of drafting....? Gone are the royal blue stripes of the white jersey, replaced with the same color of navy as the away jersey (I never thought the royal blue stripes matched the helmet logo and stripes, anyway.)

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, he also said he has seen some helmet samples that have NAVY facemasks instead of the current gray, this could be another uniform change as well. I think navy facemasks would look MUCH better than the gray ones. I can't say how he came to get this info........anything I say could be used to pinpoint his department by how he came into the information.

Again,this is from another site,I copied it exactly.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so u personally don't know the guy who works for the Cowboys.... can the source from that site be trusted as far as legitimacy?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Uniform changes are announced on offical team sites. Nothing from dallascowboys.com suggests a change. Color me very skeptical.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
No I don't know the source,I don't know about the guy who posted this either.

That's why I was asking,I didn't find anything either.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
Uniform changes are announced on offical team sites. Nothing from dallascowboys.com suggests a change. Color me very skeptical.
I'm skeptical as well, but generally uniform changes don't get announced a year before they're done. I imagine a uniform change would be announced soon after the completion of the 2005 season. So this could be a huge insider tip, if it turns up legit.

More than likely Marketing probably has been given the task of possibly coming up a look that maintains the tradition of the 'boys look, but gives it a slightly modern edge. Doesn't mean it will be implemented anytime soon, but I wouldn't doubt that JJ has his people doing the research.

That said, I think I'll shoot an email to one of the beat writers for an update.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
I'm skeptical as well, but generally uniform changes don't get announced a year before they're done. I imagine a uniform change would be announced soon after the completion of the 2005 season. So this could be a huge insider tip, if it turns up legit.

More than likely Marketing probably has been given the task of possibly coming up a look that maintains the tradition of the 'boys look, but gives it a slightly modern edge. Doesn't mean it will be implemented anytime soon, but I wouldn't doubt that JJ has his people doing the research.

That said, I think I'll shoot an email to one of the beat writers for an update.

Please do that!

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
i love the classics, but im ready for a change. I would love a new jersey combination or for us to at least wear the blue more.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
While skeptical, I'm also Very, VERY pleased if this is true.
I have been calling for this EXACT change to be made to our white unis.

I HATE the current white jerseys.
They don't match. They look low budget and boring. They don't have a star on them. They don't have any silver on them. And for whatever idiotic reason... they have a different blue (royal) on them than that on the helmet or in the logo. Finally, they have black outlined stripes on the shoulder, but no black outline on the numbers.???? Who is the artistically challenged genius who created the current white jersey, anyway?

I have been on this site ranting for months about why I don't understand that we don't have a "reverse mirror" image white jersey to reciprocate the nice looking blue ones. While the Thanksgiving Day throwbacks are my favorite- this is awesome news if true. If not, it needs to be.

Ok.
(turns off rant button)

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
LOL,I agree. I think or home jerseys were kinda boring. I would rather have the blue jersey/silver pants unis and the Thanksgiving day unis more often,but I like this new white jersey too,not bad IMO.

And I love the fact that the royal blue would be replaced with the darker blue!(If it's true)

dallasfan4life

Reaction score
hey every one. i know this is my first post but i have been looking at this site for a little while now. i work for a plastic powder coating company that has contracts with the nfl, mlb, hockey and ncaa. there very well could be a change in the face mask. we have been sending samples to various teams in the nfl. teams such as miami, arizona, houston and dallas. we are also sending alot of samples to dallas so that they can get a better color for the new stadium.{for the hand rails on the stairs, crowd barriers, etc.} i know that there are alot of teams updating there stadiums so this could be for that. but it has just been strange to us that we have been sending alot of stuff to dallas. by the way great board!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep'em the way they are I say.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
IF they were to change them I think that would be a great change just as long as we don't bring back those hideous double star jerseys.

Trophy#6

Reaction score
Hey if it's true, it's about time we got some stars on those dang home jerseys. That's the only complaint I've ever had about the uniform though.. not sure about these face masks, but just can't pic them in my mind at the moment on what they'll look like.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Sounds like the design from a gamer's message board.

These people love creating new uniforms. Besides, I think there is a league deadline for these types of things and if the flagship franchise of the NFL was changing its trademark look, it would be huge news.