New Cowboys home jersey?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Sounds like the design from a gamer's message board.

These people love creating new uniforms. Besides, I think there is a league deadline for these types of things and if the flagship franchise of the NFL was changing its trademark look, it would be huge news.
:hammer:

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I believe a slight change may be in the near future.

This proposed jersey and facemask change doesnt seem extremely drastic and wouldnt surprise me at all.

Reaction score
Jersey said:
Since I don't get out much... What is FES?

Flat Earth Society (FES)

A little change is good now and again. The Cowboys have had the same Jerseys from about 1977, the future awaits.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:
Sounds like the design from a gamer's message board.

These people love creating new uniforms. Besides, I think there is a league deadline for these types of things and if the flagship franchise of the NFL was changing its trademark look, it would be huge news.
Yeah, but it wouldn't be announced a year in advance. And knowing the way JJ likes to do things, I can see him in stealth mode and then coming out with a splash.

Not to say this post is true, but trying to predict what JJ might do w/the boys would be a useless waste of energy.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if the unis were tweaked a lil bit. Nothing drastic, but a lil updating wouldn't hurt.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't mind if the unis were tweaked a lil bit. Nothing drastic, but a lil updating wouldn't hurt.

I agree just don't go the Buffalo, Titans, or Falcons route :puke:

kmp77

Reaction score
Payton34smith22 said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v661/payton34smith22/CowboysJersey.jpg

yes....an invert of the away jerseys...like i've been saying. This would be NICE. Just using the silver pants would be cool. I like the changes. Not sure on the helmet though.....

Jersey

Reaction score
The home whites represent greatness. Just like the unaltered Yankee's pinstripes and Celtics jersey's. It's other teams that need to shake a tradition of close but no cigar that make these moves. We sell jerseys cause we're America's Team. Not because we want Snoop Dog to wear it in a rap viseo.

coach316

Reaction score
Anybody notice the properties of the pic file in question? It's hosted on this guy's own personal picture album from a image hosting and online picture album website.

Why wouldn't you just copy the pic link directly from the original source? Naaaaa....I'm not buying this as a legitimate story.

calico

Reaction score
The navy blue face mask would be just filthy. I would feel sick everytime I saw them.

I love the current home jerseys and only want to see the Thanksgiving Day ones a few more times a year.

The jersey that actually NEEDS to be changed is the blue away jersey. They look horrible. The blue is much to dark and they just don't work at all.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
coach316 said:
Anybody notice the properties of the pic file in question? It's hosted on this guy's own personal picture album from a image hosting and online picture album website.

Why wouldn't you just copy the pic link directly from the original source? Naaaaa....I'm not buying this as a legitimate story.

I asked the guy who posted it if he was serious on the info and this is what he sent me.....

"This is what the guy is telling me. He works in the Cowboys office complex and sees things that others don't, such as, this jersey. He told me last summer about the "throwback" uniform for Thanksgiving before it was announced. As far as I know this is not DEFINITE but he did tell me there were twelve "sample" jerseys sent to the Cowboys HQ for I guess "approval". One for sure was Julius Jones #21 and he said the rest were number 39 with the name "ROSTER" on the back (generic sample I guess?) He did tell me they were IDENTICAL in styling to the current Navy away jersey, just reversing the colors from navy to white. I created this image in Paint and emailed it to him, asking if that's what they looked like and he said "Yes" and also added he had heard a conversation about "dumping the aquas and going straight silver." All he can figure (and I agree) is the pants were what was being referred to there. Don't put this on the board, it's possible that the person who gave me this information could be determined by what was said, etc. Hope this helps dude."

I don't understand the last part.

I didn't put this pm up on the other board. I'm not making anything up,I'm getting all this info from HIM. I'm just curious about the change.

And I hate the offseason too! :banghead:

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Drederick Tatum said:
Flat Earth Society (FES)

A little change is good now and again. The Cowboys have had the same Jerseys from about 1977, the future awaits.
Huh?? The white jersey changed in 1982 or 83, then again in 86, then again in 94, at least the font and style of the numbers did. Either leave them alone, or go back to the block style numbers they used until 1982. I would prefer going BACK to something rather than changing it so it will look "modern"... what a cop out that is.

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
I'd welcome a change except for the blue facemask. If the uniforms changed and we went to a blue cage we'd look exactly like the lions.

Gaede

Reaction score
I love those Thanksgiving jerseys from last year.

Change to them and I'll have no problems

Change to anything else and I most likely will

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
stag hunter said:
I'd welcome a change except for the blue facemask. If the uniforms changed and we went to a blue cage we'd look exactly like the lions.

Yea,I can't picture the Cowboys with a blue facemask either.

dallasfan4life

Reaction score
the samples that we are sending the cowboys are a silver with silver flake. the nfl will send us a ton of face mask. then when a team wants a color change they will fax us what they have in mind then we will get started on it. we did send them a blue face mask but it looked really bad. the silver flake is really cool. we also sent them several different greys. i dont knowabout te jersey change but i do know they are working on the fask mask. is it for 06? i dont know. if i can get any info out of our pr guy i will post it.