New Cowboys home jersey?

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
dallasfan4life said:
the samples that we are sending the cowboys are a silver with silver flake. the nfl will send us a ton of face mask. then when a team wants a color change they will fax us what they have in mind then we will get started on it. we did send them a blue face mask but it looked really bad. the silver flake is really cool. we also sent them several different greys. i dont knowabout te jersey change but i do know they are working on the fask mask. is it for 06? i dont know. if i can get any info out of our pr guy i will post it.

Yea,if all the info I'm getting is true,it looks like 06. That's the only change I would not like is the blue facemask.

That's a cool job you have there dallasfan4life!:cool:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Payton34smith22 said:
I asked the guy who posted it if he was serious on the info and this is what he sent me.....

"This is what the guy is telling me. He works in the Cowboys office complex and sees things that others don't, such as, this jersey. He told me last summer about the "throwback" uniform for Thanksgiving before it was announced. As far as I know this is not DEFINITE but he did tell me there were twelve "sample" jerseys sent to the Cowboys HQ for I guess "approval". One for sure was Julius Jones #21 and he said the rest were number 39 with the name "ROSTER" on the back (generic sample I guess?) He did tell me they were IDENTICAL in styling to the current Navy away jersey, just reversing the colors from navy to white. I created this image in Paint and emailed it to him, asking if that's what they looked like and he said "Yes" and also added he had heard a conversation about "dumping the aquas and going straight silver." All he can figure (and I agree) is the pants were what was being referred to there. Don't put this on the board, it's possible that the person who gave me this information could be determined by what was said, etc. Hope this helps dude."

I don't understand the last part.

I didn't put this pm up on the other board. I'm not making anything up,I'm getting all this info from HIM. I'm just curious about the change.

And I hate the offseason too! :banghead:
Thanks for the follow-up, Payton. You should know folks will get up in arms if a jersey change is suggested.

No one knows for sure how true this info is, but I wouldn't put it past JJ to have his Marketing people working on something, even if it's not implemented this year, next year, or the year after. A minor tweak or two wouldn't hurt the classic unis, IMO.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Thanks for the follow-up, Payton. You should know folks will get up in arms if a jersey change is suggested.

No one knows for sure how true this info is, but I wouldn't put it past JJ to have his Marketing people working on something, even if it's not implemented this year, next year, or the year after. A minor tweak or two wouldn't hurt the classic unis, IMO.

LOL,I know,I would too. ;)

Kilyin

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the current white jersey either. Despite that, I got a white Witten jersey anyway, since I already had been given a blue JJ jersey as a gift. Now I'm gonna have to get one of these if it turns out to be true.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I don't care if we go out there in jeans and a t-shirt, just so long as we start winning some games.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
First of all, blue face masks would look horrible.

I think all 3 uniforms that were worn last year look great. Home whites, road blues, and Thanksgiving Throwbacks. I think they should be left alone, yet the reverse mirror home jersey looks pretty cool.

Changing to home silver pants would be cool IMO.

But if there were some changes I suggest these:

1) Have one color blue for both home and away jerseys. Either Royal or Navy blue. Just make sure the blue on the jerseys match the blue on the helmets.

2) If they change the home jerseys to mirror the away jerseys, the numbers should be a solid thick font(like what the current home jerseys). Take away the "double outline". That's the only feature that I never cared for in the away jerseys. A thick white number on the aways and keep the thick blue number on the homes. I prefer the thicker font of the current jersey compared to the classics worn in the 70's and 80's.

If had the time I would try to "fix" up some samples like what Payton did.

Speaking of jerseys......Will the Cowboys ever offer an "authentic" AND customizable practice jersey to buy? I think they would sell like hotcakes compared to the cheap versions they offer now.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Just hope they dont go to this jersey.

pG01-1285086dt.jpg

jimmy40

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Yeah, but it wouldn't be announced a year in advance. And knowing the way JJ likes to do things, I can see him in stealth mode and then coming out with a splash.

Not to say this post is true, but trying to predict what JJ might do w/the boys would be a useless waste of energy.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if the unis were tweaked a lil bit. Nothing drastic, but a lil updating wouldn't hurt.
I think a team has to clear a uniform change at least a year before they actually wear them in a game. I might be thinking about the NBA though.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40 said:
I think a team has to clear a uniform change at least a year before they actually wear them in a game. I might be thinking about the NBA though.
They probably would need to clear it with the league, but I don't think it will be publicly announced until it's official.

LPW

Reaction score
Payton34smith22 said:
"he also added he had heard a conversation about "dumping the aquas and going straight silver." All he can figure (and I agree) is the pants were what was being referred to there.

I like this idea. I have never understood the silver-green pants.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
It's kinda like being married to the most beautiful woman in the world and then you do something dumb like go sleep around on her. The Home Whites are classic. Just don't mess with them. If you want to mess with something do something with the blues but leave the classics alone.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Jersey said:
The home whites represent greatness. Just like the unaltered Yankee's pinstripes and Celtics jersey's. It's other teams that need to shake a tradition of close but no cigar that make these moves. We sell jerseys cause we're America's Team. Not because we want Snoop Dog to wear it in a rap viseo.

Bingo!! If Jerry tries this stunt again like he did in '94 it will prove to me he just doesn't get it when it comes to this issue. All he would be trying to do is sell more jerseys and appeal to a younger age group.

I've said it before, you don't see the Yankees, the Celtics, The Fighting Irish or The Crimson Tide changing their uniforms every few years like the Bengals, Falcons, Broncos, The Canes and all these other teams. The reason is they all have tradition and class that means something and they are smart enough to realize they are an icon in their sport and they represent the sport.

The Cowboys are all of that to Pro Football and the NFL and if Jerry can't understand that, it makes me sad and sick to my stomach. :banghead:

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Bingo!! If Jerry tries this stunt again like he did in '94 it will prove to me he just doesn't get it when it comes to this issue. All he would be trying to do is sell more jerseys and appeal to a younger age group.

I've said it before, you don't see the Yankees, the Celtics, The Fighting Irish or The Crimson Tide changing their uniforms every few years like the Bengals, Falcons, Broncos, The Canes and all these other teams. The reason is they all have tradition and class that means something and they are smart enough to realize they are an icon in their sport and they represent the sport.

The Cowboys are all of that to Pro Football and the NFL and if Jerry can't understand that, it makes me sad and sick to my stomach. :banghead:
Hey Cap'n.

How are ya?
How'd things turnout with your recent "event"?

Hope things went well.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:

pG01-1285086dt.jpg

That is the most revolting thing I have ever seen.

If we do this, Jerry Jones had better have someone else start his car everyday.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:

pG01-1285086dt.jpg

God in Heaven not the "Silver Trainwreck Jersey"... :bang2:

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the amount of animosity towards change the idea of a new uniform has revealed here.

Everything changes. It's a necessity. Learning to accept changes is a part of life. Often, change brings about a positive result that many who initially despised, find themselves embracing.

:rolleyes:

I'm convinced that some here can not be won over by any uniform design that is different from the current. Nothing would be good enough. That means you fear change... period. Regardless of the outcome. I'm glad those individuals aren't a position to make the decision on our team apparel... otherwise, we might still look like this...
dsc00021.1.jpg

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
^ He's got a point.

However...don't even think about changing our home uniforms, Jerry!!

As someone said before, you don't screw with tradition. Let the Falcons, Rams, Bills, and Bengals be the flavor of the month. This is the Dallas Cowboys we're talkin' about!