Twitter: New DL coach name to watch: Jim Tomsula

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I absolutely do but look at that closely.

2007 5-11
2008 7-9
2009 8-8
2010 6-10

In 2011 Harbough came in and hired Fangio as DC

2011 13-3
2012 11-4-1
2013 12-4
2014 8-8

2015 Harbaugh and Fangio were out of SF

2015 5-11
2016 Out of the NFL
2017 7-9
2018 7-9
2019 3-13

This guy is not and never has been a Dominating DL coach. When he has been good, it's been the talent around him (Fangio) IMO.

:lmao: Using team record to evaluate how a DL coach is performing. . . .

McDonald, Smith, and NTs like Dorsey and Franklin were dominant the entire time he was DL coach. Lately he was done good things with Payne and Allen.

RoboQB

Reaction score
There's a new clapper in town:

giphy.gif

If you're up by 13 on the road with 7 minutes left in the game, I will permit it... lol

Paintrain4978

Reaction score
McCarthy is putting together a helluva staff so far! I even like that he’s bring back Kellen Moore to learn. Keep Kitna and get a legit O-Line coach and I’ll be even happier.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Here is my big question: what will these players do without their Marinelli nicknames valid any longer?

Cant have nicknames when you suck...………...that is what the new staff tells them.

McCarthy says "Hot Boyz?, is that what you losers call yourselves?"

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Wow. We are becoming San Francisco 49ers South. This guy, this guy I don't get. He's terrible IMO.
HUH!? The one thing the Skins did well was rush the passer with their defensive line. He was a bad head coach but an excellent assistant coach with San Francisco.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He has worked with Nolan before and evidently they like him enough to want him as a DL coach. To me it is more important for McCarthy to get guys he wants than who fans want or don't want.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Didn't he coach the DL for Fangio? You know, in those really good years?

This guy is a hell of a dline coach. I'm really beginning to believe some of you just refuse to be positive about anything.

Yeah, but look what happened the minute Fangio left. Look at what happened when he didn't have a Fangio at DC. So you believe this guy is a hell of a DL coach, OK, why?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
:lmao: Using team record to evaluate how a DL coach is performing. . . .

McDonald, Smith, and NTs like Dorsey and Franklin were dominant the entire time he was DL coach. Lately he was done good things with Payne and Allen.

Cool, go tell me where the Defense ranked in each season without Fangio. You don't have to go by win loss. Go do the research and see for yourself. I've already looked it up but be my guest. Go show us how smart you are but don't get lost on your way back to report what you find.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
HUH!? The one thing the Skins did well was rush the passer with their defensive line. He was a bad head coach but an excellent assistant coach with San Francisco.

Wow. No, I don't agree. Skins are not a great DL and he wasn't just a bad head coach, he definitely wasn't an excellent assistant coach IMO. If you feel differently, that's fine. Tell me what made him excellent.