Twitter: New DL coach name to watch: Jim Tomsula

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Alright...so here’s the deal on Nolan and Tom. Hard coaches on players ...not much patience or toleration for poor tackling and poor gap control. Those two are going to take our guys to fundamentals camp and turn our unit into football players again. ‘Bout time someone did.

Zordon

Reaction score
There's a new clapper in town:

giphy.gif
143632961.jpg.0.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm surprised by that, CATCH, you're pretty plugged in. Tomsula got the 49ers HC gig due to the job he did with the D.

As a line coach, this is a solid hire. A lot of HCs and coaching experience being brought into Dallas, right now. I'm good with it.

I remember seeing him after someone posted his picture but yeah I don’t know a thing about him.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Guessing they’ll be playing big inside. His Washington tandem of Payne and Allen were really tough to run on when healthy. PLEASE bring that type of talent here
Those guys were first round picks. I would be surprised if Dallas drafts a DT in the first round.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Dude, you broke my internet
It takes a lot to impress me, but I have to admit, these hires all seem smart, calculated and focused.

We will have a very very experienced staff.

Now, the challenge is to deal with Jones and the culture issue.

But these guys are all damned sound.

And with that, I am going to go vote in the poll.

McCarthy hire:

giphy.gif

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It also strongly suggests a return of the 3-4.
I think we move in that direction. We will probably still run most 4 man fronts right now, but 2021??

Nolan is a multiple front guy from the Marv Lewis school. I think a 3-4 base is his preference. That could make it a smooth transition. I think we need personnel on the front 3 mostly.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It takes a lot to impress me, but I have to admit, these hires all seem smart, calculated and focused.

We will have a very very experienced staff.

Now, the challenge is to deal with Jones and the culture issue.

But these guys are all damned sound.

And with that, I am going to go vote in the poll.

McCarthy hire:

giphy.gif
Never thought I would see the day Alexander

Valkyr

Reaction score
At the very least, lifers in the coaching game seem to respect McCarthy an want to work for him.

Iago33

Reaction score
Tommy P was the one Mac sat down with in his barn for that PR segment on the NFL Network.

Tommy was part of the suck-up Green Bay press back in the day and props up Mac in order to protect his sources.

All part of the insider game.
Did you just come here to follow Mike M? I appreciate the info, but you’re not a stalker, are you?

quickccc

Reaction score
Oh god this guy was horrible in Washington. Like "Village idiot" horrible...

edit: and take over a talented group? Who is this Tom Pelissero and was a sick the day they taught Journalism ins Journalism school?

as a DC..or DL coach?
It's a difference. ;)