Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are You sure it was Scotland?
I know, amazing! However, I have photographic proof that the sun does shine in Scotland during the fall. It's ironic that a quarter of our luggage was rain gear - and we never used it.

ScottishNFLFan

Reaction score
Hi all,

So as luck would have it we managed to land our trip on the first week of the season and have got our tickets for the game V the Giants.

Can’t wait for the game but was wondering if anyone has any information on anything going on prematch? Is there entertainment or anything like that?

Me and my girlfriend want to make the most of what might be a once in a lifetime chance for us to see the Cowboys at home so any tips welcome!

And if you see a Scotland flag on the day....That will be me!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hi all,

So as luck would have it we managed to land our trip on the first week of the season and have got our tickets for the game V the Giants.

Can’t wait for the game but was wondering if anyone has any information on anything going on prematch? Is there entertainment or anything like that?

Me and my girlfriend want to make the most of what might be a once in a lifetime chance for us to see the Cowboys at home so any tips welcome!

And if you see a Scotland flag on the day....That will be me!
Congratulations on attending a live Cowboys game. I will leave it to others to comment on entertainment... I have only attended a couple of games at the new stadium.

Where is home in Scotland? I lived in Aberdeen for a few years many moons ago. We visited Scotland last fall, though.

ScottishNFLFan

Reaction score
Congratulations on attending a live Cowboys game. I will leave it to others to comment on entertainment... I have only attended a couple of games at the new stadium.

Where is home in Scotland? I lived in Aberdeen for a few years many moons ago. We visited Scotland last fall, though.
Thanks very much mate!

I’m from Edinburgh and my sports team has a 20,000 seater so can’t wait for this one!

Where about in Scotland were you visiting?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thanks very much mate!

I’m from Edinburgh and my sports team has a 20,000 seater so can’t wait for this one!

Where about in Scotland were you visiting?
We flew into Aberdeen, joined our friends that live there and headed to Speyside and then to Inverness. From Inverness, we took the train to Glasgow to meet more friends and then on to Edinburgh.

BTW, if you haven't been to the new MacCallan's distillery, it is well worth the time.

ScottishNFLFan

Reaction score
We flew into Aberdeen, joined our friends that live there and headed to Speyside and then to Inverness. From Inverness, we took the train to Glasgow to meet more friends and then on to Edinburgh.

BTW, if you haven't been to the new MacCallan's distillery, it is well worth the time.
Sounds like a great trip then mate!

I’ve not actually done that yet, will definitely need to in the near future though!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoot man and welcome.

The Haggis Bar is on the mezzanine level at ATT.

Used to go to the Highland Games every year in the Dallas area and that was a blast, beer and scotch tents and we always met folks from your country because our friend that started us going was born in Texas but her folks were from Edinburgh and she had beautiful flaming red hair and drew the Scotsmen like crazy. It was funny to see her accent begin to change in a matter of minutes once she began to talk with them. Her parents have a real heavy accent and I dig accents.

And as usual, when those pipes and drums began to play "Scotland the Brave", I'd tear up. Man that's an emotional piece of music.

ScottishNFLFan

Reaction score
Hoot man and welcome.

The Haggis Bar is on the mezzanine level at ATT.

Used to go to the Highland Games every year in the Dallas area and that was a blast, beer and scotch tents and we always met folks from your country because our friend that started us going was born in Texas but her folks were from Edinburgh and she had beautiful flaming red hair and drew the Scotsmen like crazy. It was funny to see her accent begin to change in a matter of minutes once she began to talk with them. Her parents have a real heavy accent and I dig accents.

And as usual, when those pipes and drums began to play "Scotland the Brave", I'd tear up. Man that's an emotional piece of music.
I didn’t realise that Dallas had something going on like a Highland games! Would have loved to have went to it over in the States but looks like it’s already been this year!

Personally prefer Flower of Scotland however it is a fantastic piece of music!

Londonboy

Reaction score
I didn’t realise that Dallas had something going on like a Highland games! Would have loved to have went to it over in the States but looks like it’s already been this year!

Personally prefer Flower of Scotland however it is a fantastic piece of music!
"And sent Him homeward tae think again"
One of the all-time great lyrics.

CapnB

Reaction score
My Ancestors are Scotts... explains a lot towards my anti pantsism

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hi all,
New member hoping dates coincide to take in my first Cowboys match this year!

Over in Dallas for a week so here’s hoping the Cowboys are at home!

Welcome to the board SNFLFan! As an FYI, here in the States, we call contests games rather then matches.

Enjoy it Brother!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Will keep that in mind...and will no doubt completely forget when I’m there!

That's OK. Just remember if they tell you, "This ain't Soccer", you will know why. Have a pint or two and enjoy it, that's the main thing.