New Mock

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
1. Brandon LaFell WR LSU 6-3 209 Prototypical size and speed to be a NFL wide out at 6-3 209. Good hands route running ability can be a deep threat. Also is good at blocking. Looking at what Dwayne Bowe is doing it's enough for me to think that he is the standard for LSU wr's and hopefully Drandon LaFell won't disappoint like skyler green.

2. Jason Fox OT Miami 6-7 319 I know we don't normally go the route of miami products however this Oline is hurting and hurting bad. With out a clear replacement to flo this kid is legit. Just let be known now. I can't think of a OT that i'd rather have protect Romo's blindside than this guy. No U bias either this kid is the real deal.

3. Eric Decker WR Minnesota 6-2 215 Has a NFL sized body at 6-2 215. This kid can flat out play. He's currently hurt right now and will combine+senior bowl and pro day however the third round isn't too early for him. Excellent hands and route running ability can make people miss. Isn't the best of blockers but hell he's a WR and his pro's far out weigh his lock of blocking. 3rd round for this guy is a steal.

4. Pat Angerer 6-1 235 Let's face it Bradie James is garbage. All he does is tackle. Although Pat Angerer is a tackling machine he is also good in coverage. Hard worker with a huge motor. Sounds like the perfect fit to me.

6. Nick Polk FS Indiana 6-0 215 Who are we kidding Hamlin sucks Ball sucks Watkins sucks. Our safety depth isn't anything but that. WR convert playing safety doesn't shy away from contact does really well against the run. Has 4 career forced fumbles to go with 5 INT's in his career. He also has 181 tackles.

7. Danny Batten 6-4 252 South Dokata St. You can never have to many pash rushers. The depth behind ware is lacking. This guy has all the tools to be able to good just need to show that he can do it a big level. Expect the combine + senior bowl to make his stock sky rocket.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lafells a bust imo.

After Austin is signed we wont be able to afford a WR in the 1st round.

More than likely if you want a receiver you gotta hope for a player like Jordan Shipley to fall to the 2nd.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Using Slate's grading system this mock gets a :

LaFAIL

Don't like LaFell at all and then you have us taking another big WR in Decker. I like Jason Fox. No thanks to everyone else.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Two recievers?

Decker would be nice in the 3rd/4th but no way do I use a premium pick on a WR unless it's Dez Bryant at the 28 spot and that isn't happening.

I don't know much about Fox. I havn't seen the U! play this year.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;3096979 said:
Lafells a bust imo.

After Austin is signed we wont be able to afford a WR in the 1st round.

More than likely if you want a receiver you gotta hope for a player like Jordan Shipley to fall to the 2nd.

LoL that made me laugh.

Chris in SoCal;3097075 said:
Using Slate's grading system this mock gets a :

LaFAIL

Don't like LaFell at all and then you have us taking another big WR in Decker. I like Jason Fox. No thanks to everyone else.

What don't you liek about him? Big WR they're not that big TBH right around the average height it's not as if either are big and slow.

SLATEmosphere;3097200 said:
Two recievers?

Decker would be nice in the 3rd/4th but no way do I use a premium pick on a WR unless it's Dez Bryant at the 28 spot and that isn't happening.

I don't know much about Fox. I havn't seen the U! play this year.

Yes two WRs our WRs suck Dez Bryant is a clown and I don't like using Jr's in my mock draft. Because you dont know if they will declare or not.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
2010 NFL Draft
On November 5, 2009, Bryant announced his intentions to enter the 2010 NFL Draft.[9] He is widely believed to be one of the best wide receivers available in the draft,[10] and is projected as high as the No. 1 pick overall in several mock drafts.[

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Not drafting two ot's in the 1st two rounds = fail...

cboyd

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3097846 said:
2010 NFL Draft
On November 5, 2009, Bryant announced his intentions to enter the 2010 NFL Draft.[9] He is widely believed to be one of the best wide receivers available in the draft,[10] and is projected as high as the No. 1 pick overall in several mock drafts.[

If that does not tell you anything then you should know that Dez has droped his classes and began training for the draft. Dez is a guy I would love to have but I think he may be out of our reach.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3097846 said:
2010 NFL Draft

Ah I didn't know that. Still not a fan.

CowboyFan74;3097880 said:
Not drafting two ot's in the 1st two rounds = fail...

Why would we draft 2 OT?
I dont hate the players but your priorities are off.

Lafell gets points for having no QB

Where should my priorities be at?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3096668 said:
1. Brandon LaFell WR LSU 6-3 209 Prototypical size and speed to be a NFL wide out at 6-3 209. Good hands route running ability can be a deep threat. Also is good at blocking. Looking at what Dwayne Bowe is doing it's enough for me to think that he is the standard for LSU wr's and hopefully Drandon LaFell won't disappoint like skyler green.

2. Jason Fox OT Miami 6-7 319 I know we don't normally go the route of miami products however this Oline is hurting and hurting bad. With out a clear replacement to flo this kid is legit. Just let be known now. I can't think of a OT that i'd rather have protect Romo's blindside than this guy. No U bias either this kid is the real deal.

3. Eric Decker WR Minnesota 6-2 215 Has a NFL sized body at 6-2 215. This kid can flat out play. He's currently hurt right now and will combine+senior bowl and pro day however the third round isn't too early for him. Excellent hands and route running ability can make people miss. Isn't the best of blockers but hell he's a WR and his pro's far out weigh his lock of blocking. 3rd round for this guy is a steal.

4. Pat Angerer 6-1 235 Let's face it Bradie James is garbage. All he does is tackle. Although Pat Angerer is a tackling machine he is also good in coverage. Hard worker with a huge motor. Sounds like the perfect fit to me.

6. Nick Polk FS Indiana 6-0 215 Who are we kidding Hamlin sucks Ball sucks Watkins sucks. Our safety depth isn't anything but that. WR convert playing safety doesn't shy away from contact does really well against the run. Has 4 career forced fumbles to go with 5 INT's in his career. He also has 181 tackles.

7. Danny Batten 6-4 252 South Dokata St. You can never have to many pash rushers. The depth behind ware is lacking. This guy has all the tools to be able to good just need to show that he can do it a big level. Expect the combine + senior bowl to make his stock sky rocket.

Like Decker and Fox, on the fence about LaFell. Nice pick of Batten in the 7th.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3098231 said:
Ah I didn't know that. Still not a fan.

Why would we draft 2 OT?

Where should my priorities be at?

DB earlier, another linemen before Decker who I like but is more like a Crayton than anything.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3099858 said:
DB earlier, another linemen before Decker who I like but is more like a Crayton than anything.

I don't think he's like Crayton. I think he's like Jordy Nelson.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3100032 said:
I don't think he's like Crayton. I think he's like Jordy Nelson.

lol I wonder why.

Deckers a big possesion WR w/ return ability but not much speed. Thats Crayton.

We need a quick WR

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3101253 said:
lol I wonder why.

Deckers a big possesion WR w/ return ability but not much speed. Thats Crayton.

We need a quick WR

Na we don't need some little midget. We need WR that work hard run good routes and have good hands. Both of these guys are prime examples of that. They may not run 4.3 40 however, that isn't the guy to being a WR. It would be nice to have but we really don't need any projects at the WR position that just converted from RB or QB that can't run any routes or hasn't been asked to run any routes other than flys.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Ideally youd want something like what Minny has.

A big target? Check (Rice)
A deep threat? Check (Berrian)
A YAC slot WR? Check (Harvin)

We definetely have chains movers, I think Miles is a deep threat(and he has YAC but that was when he was unknown lets see) I think we need a Tate/Ford type.

Similar to Ogletree but w/ a better grade

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3096668 said:
4. Pat Angerer 6-1 235 Let's face it Bradie James is garbage.

And with that, there's no need to read any more of this "analysis"... the author clearly lacks anything even vaguely resembling a clue...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3101299 said:
Ideally youd want something like what Minny has.

A big target? Check (Rice)
A deep threat? Check (Berrian)
A YAC slot WR? Check (Harvin)

We definetely have chains movers, I think Miles is a deep threat(and he has YAC but that was when he was unknown lets see) I think we need a Tate/Ford type.

Similar to Ogletree but w/ a better grade

Why are we looking to Minny in attempts to find success? If we would of added Berrian or Harvin then that would of been great. Also LeFall can stretch the field and Decker can rack up YAC. They're both big targets. So they're pretty much a mix off all three. If anything it would be like Aquan Boldin and Larry Fitz. I just thought of that now but that isn't a bad 1-2 punch to have. Then throw Austin or KO in the slot championship!

silverbear;3101396 said:
And with that, there's no need to read any more of this "analysis"... the author clearly lacks anything even vaguely resembling a clue...

Tell me how many TFL he has how many FF he has how many INT and how many PBU he has. The dude is trash the majority of tackles he gets are 6-7 yards down the field. Don't let him cover a TE because he can't. He's no different than Scott Shanle he's a JAG but it's typical for average play to get hyped around here. Bradie James is the captain of our team when the game is on the line you know damn well he isn't going to step up and make a play. He's like Antonio pierce straight garbage.

[youtube]8K6Sk1KTf10[/youtube]