New Mock

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3112270 said:
responses in bold.

1. Dallas has the 10th best passing attack in the league. We can play who's 1-2-or 3 all you want, but somebody on this no receiver havin team is catching a ball.

2. The U was a trash pile several years ago, and for a team trying to clean up it's image...I wouldn't blame Dallas for avoiding them, though I don't think that was ever the case. College football is better when the University of Miami is playing well, and I'm glad to see them back on track.

3. I just can't understand your obsession with the Cowboys receivers. I can understand picking on Williams, but Crayton and Austin? Austin has 8 Tds and is averaging 19.6 yards a catch having started only 6 games. Reggie Wayne is averaging 12.5 yards a game, has 9 Tds, has started 11 games, is from the U, and is one of if not the top receivers in the game. What exactly do you want out of ole Miles? Crayton is the #3 and a slot player only. Is 21 receptions, 15.8 yards average, and 3 TDs not good enough for our slot receiver? Two receivers in your draft is absolutely overkill.

4. Thanks for the football 101 on the 3-4 and 4-3. Why waste the space with that crap when you know exactly what I meant? A little juvenile aren't we? Sure I'm tossing names like Carpenter, Williams, and Johnson out there. What's the difference in throwing out guys names with NFL experience, and a familiarity with the system, than throwing out some undersized kid out of Iowa who plays MLB in a 4-3 defense?

6. Growing weary of typing, arguing, and neglecting work here, so I'll be quick. Hamlin was brought in to eliminate the long pass that plagued the Cowboys for so many years. √ that was done. He was brought in to do one of the more underrated jobs of QBing the secondary, making the correct calls, and lining up the secondary pre snap. √ that was done. The entire secondary and LB core plays better because of the trust they have in Hamlin. Could Dallas upgrade from Hamlin? Sure, I've said all year that my target in free-agency would be Nick Collins or Antoine Bethea. Could Dallas upgrade by selecting a 6th round draft pick out of Indiana with a last name of Polk...no!

7. You pick a 7th rounder out of South Dakota State to come in and unseat Williams and Octavien, and I'm the one grasping at straws? Pfffffffftttttt!

Big Dakota

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3096668 said:
1. Brandon LaFell WR LSU 6-3 209 Prototypical size and speed to be a NFL wide out at 6-3 209. Good hands route running ability can be a deep threat. Also is good at blocking. Looking at what Dwayne Bowe is doing it's enough for me to think that he is the standard for LSU wr's and hopefully Drandon LaFell won't disappoint like skyler green.

2. Jason Fox OT Miami 6-7 319 I know we don't normally go the route of miami products however this Oline is hurting and hurting bad. With out a clear replacement to flo this kid is legit. Just let be known now. I can't think of a OT that i'd rather have protect Romo's blindside than this guy. No U bias either this kid is the real deal.

3. Eric Decker WR Minnesota 6-2 215 Has a NFL sized body at 6-2 215. This kid can flat out play. He's currently hurt right now and will combine+senior bowl and pro day however the third round isn't too early for him. Excellent hands and route running ability can make people miss. Isn't the best of blockers but hell he's a WR and his pro's far out weigh his lock of blocking. 3rd round for this guy is a steal.

4. Pat Angerer 6-1 235 Let's face it Bradie James is garbage. All he does is tackle. Although Pat Angerer is a tackling machine he is also good in coverage. Hard worker with a huge motor. Sounds like the perfect fit to me.

6. Nick Polk FS Indiana 6-0 215 Who are we kidding Hamlin sucks Ball sucks Watkins sucks. Our safety depth isn't anything but that. WR convert playing safety doesn't shy away from contact does really well against the run. Has 4 career forced fumbles to go with 5 INT's in his career. He also has 181 tackles.

7. Danny Batten 6-4 252 South Dokata St. You can never have to many pash rushers. The depth behind ware is lacking. This guy has all the tools to be able to good just need to show that he can do it a big level. Expect the combine + senior bowl to make his stock sky rocket.

We don't need a WR:banghead:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3112502 said:
You want a #1 WR who can catch 70-100 balls a year. You realise that this is the first year Austin has been given the chance to start (and he didn't start the first 4 games) and he's on pace for one of those 70 catch seasons, right? Yeah Austin is having a break out year does that mean we go with him and he's our future? I don't agree with this assessment and I don't think he's our future. I'm not buying into the hype the next 5 weeks will tell us how legit Miles Austin is we won't be playing KC, Oakland or ATL for the rest of the way.

If he'd started from the beginning he'd likely be talking about 85 or more catches this year. Maybe maybe not, there's no way you can say that considering the he's been held to games with 1 catch and stuff.

But, yeah, all our WR's are trash. I think you get a little too caught up in where people played and if they were drafted or not. Where did I ever mention draft status or their pedigree?

Again I'm thankful that you have nothing to do with the decision making on the Cowboys. Yeah just remember if I was making the decision Chris Johnson would be a cowboy.

responses in bold.

JIMMYBUFFETT;3112624 said:
1. Dallas has the 10th best passing attack in the league. We can play who's 1-2-or 3 all you want, but somebody on this no receiver havin team is catching a ball. Yawn the stats don't impress me. I constantly see teams around the league have 1000 receivers and still go WR in the first round. People are act like Miles Austin is the second coming. The dude is okay but he isn't anything for us to rest on our laurels .

2. The U was a trash pile several years ago, and for a team trying to clean up it's image...I wouldn't blame Dallas for avoiding them, though I don't think that was ever the case. College football is better when the University of Miami is playing well, and I'm glad to see them back on track. Even if it was trash the talent they were putting out there has been tremendous if you look at the last person we drafted from Miami.

3. I just can't understand your obsession with the Cowboys receivers. I can understand picking on Williams, but Crayton and Austin? Austin has 8 Tds and is averaging 19.6 yards a catch having started only 6 games. Reggie Wayne is averaging 12.5 yards a game, has 9 Tds, has started 11 games, is from the U, and is one of if not the top receivers in the game. What exactly do you want out of ole Miles? Crayton is the #3 and a slot player only. Is 21 receptions, 15.8 yards average, and 3 TDs not good enough for our slot receiver? Two receivers in your draft is absolutely overkill. I'd take Reggie Wayne over Austin any day of the week and twice on sundays. I want the consistency that he brings. The speed the route running and the hands. Why didn't you mention the other U WR Andre Johnson?

4. Thanks for the football 101 on the 3-4 and 4-3. Why waste the space with that crap when you know exactly what I meant? A little juvenile aren't we? Sure I'm tossing names like Carpenter, Williams, and Johnson out there. What's the difference in throwing out guys names with NFL experience, and a familiarity with the system, than throwing out some undersized kid out of Iowa who plays MLB in a 4-3 defense? Name one person on our defense that played a 3-4 in college.

6. Growing weary of typing, arguing, and neglecting work here, so I'll be quick. Hamlin was brought in to eliminate the long pass that plagued the Cowboys for so many years. √ that was done. He was brought in to do one of the more underrated jobs of QBing the secondary, making the correct calls, and lining up the secondary pre snap. √ that was done. The entire secondary and LB core plays better because of the trust they have in Hamlin. Could Dallas upgrade from Hamlin? Sure, I've said all year that my target in free-agency would be Nick Collins or Antoine Bethea. Could Dallas upgrade by selecting a 6th round draft pick out of Indiana with a last name of Polk...no! Hamlin eliminate long pass? Brandon Marshall would like a word with you. The QB of the secondary is the most overrated BS ever. Hamlin sucks James sucks they are a libiality in coverage and Hamlin isn't a sure tackler and doesn't force turnovers or makes plays in the passing game and neither does James.

7. You pick a 7th rounder out of South Dakota State to come in and unseat Williams and Octavien, and I'm the one grasping at straws? Pfffffffftttttt! Fact is stranger than fiction. Stop acting like Octavien isn't replaceable. LoL.

response in bold.

Miles austin isn't the futures.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Guys guys guys..you havn't heard!?

Bradie James is garbage!! All he does is tackle. What a garbage ILB!!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3112844 said:
Guys guys guys..you havn't heard!?

Bradie James is garbage!! All he does is tackle. What a garbage ILB!!

How many TFL how many INT how many FF how many PBU. yawn he'd be perfect if this was a 3-4 or if he wasn't asked to defend TE's. Oh well you're learn eventually.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3112995 said:
How many TFL how many INT how many FF how many PBU. yawn he'd be perfect if this was a 3-4 or if he wasn't asked to defend TE's. Oh well you're learn eventually.

8 sacks....

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3108006 said:
Sorry if I don't except mediocrity.

Your every post puts the lie to that claim...

There's a reason why you're mocked so often, why a moderator saw fit to assign you an insulting title...

To put it bluntly, nobody in here has any respect for you or your opinions... there's a reason for that...

silverbear

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3112297 said:
Until you put something down say something that I can refute I can't take your post serious.

The fact that poster after poster has taken the time to tell you that your mock is garbage should tell you something...

Your attempt doesn't deserve a serious response, it's so flippin' bad...

silverbear

Reaction score
I know I said this mock was so stupid that it didn't deserve a serious rebuttal, but now I feel inclined to demonstrate just how profoundly stupid it is:

DaBoys4Life;3096668 said:
1. Brandon LaFell WR LSU 6-3 209 Prototypical size and speed to be a NFL wide out at 6-3 209. Good hands route running ability can be a deep threat. Also is good at blocking. Looking at what Dwayne Bowe is doing it's enough for me to think that he is the standard for LSU wr's and hopefully Drandon LaFell won't disappoint like skyler green.

Ahhh, so Dwaye Bowe is a good NFL player, therefore all LSU wide receivers are destined to be good NFL players...

You might want to try to apply that logic to the assorted LSU wide receivers who have stunk it out in the NFL... start with Skyler Green...

But really, that's not my chief objection to this pick, I think that LaFell might be a pretty fair WR in the pros (which is why most draft websites have him the top-rated receiver going into this draft)... nope, my objection to this pick is that, like the rest of your picks, there's little to no chance that LaFell will actually BE ON THE BOARD when the Cowboys get around to picking...

This makes this pick highly unrealistic, indeed rather ridiculous... NFLDS rates Bowe the 6th best senior in this draft, and the top WR... the Boys won't be picking much before pick 20 at the very earliest, and when was the last time a draft went 20 picks before a WR was taken??

An idiotic pick... if the Boys were to go WR in the first (and frankly, I think your belief that WR is a high priority is also idiotic), then they'll likely be looking at Dez Bryant... but I'd wait until the second or third round, then look at the likes of Jordan Shipley or Jacoby Ford, or even Decker (if you go WR in the second round, no way he'll make it to around pick 85 or 90 in the 3rd round)...

2. Jason Fox OT Miami 6-7 319 I know we don't normally go the route of miami products however this Oline is hurting and hurting bad. With out a clear replacement to flo this kid is legit. Just let be known now. I can't think of a OT that i'd rather have protect Romo's blindside than this guy. No U bias either this kid is the real deal.

He might be, but if the Cowboys hope to claim him, they'd have to grab him with their first round pick... again, you seem to be just picking players you like, with no regard whatsoever to their actual draft grades... again using NFLDS as the standard for predraft player rankings, he's ranked the 34th best senior in this draft... thus, the chances of him falling to where the Boys would pick in the 2nd round, around pick 50-55, maybe even 60, are extremely remote...

3. Eric Decker WR Minnesota 6-2 215 Has a NFL sized body at 6-2 215. This kid can flat out play. He's currently hurt right now and will combine+senior bowl and pro day however the third round isn't too early for him. Excellent hands and route running ability can make people miss. Isn't the best of blockers but hell he's a WR and his pro's far out weigh his lock of blocking. 3rd round for this guy is a steal.

Drafting 2 WRs in the first 3 rounds would be STUPID... you seem to think the Boys are bereft of talent at WR, and they're not... beyond that, as I've already mentioned, NFLDS rates Decker the 57th best player in this draft, which is late 2nd round... even allowing for underclassmen to declare and push prospects further down the list, don't look for Decker to fall to pick 85-90, where the Boys will be picking...

4. Pat Angerer 6-1 235 Let's face it Bradie James is garbage. All he does is tackle. Although Pat Angerer is a tackling machine he is also good in coverage. Hard worker with a huge motor. Sounds like the perfect fit to me.

242 tackles in the last 25 games is a "tackling machine"?? and of those 242 tackles, only 7.5 of them were behind the line... he had 5 sacks in those 25 games...

You rag on Bradie James for not making enough plays behind the line, for not sacking the QB regularly, then you go and recommend a LB who makes virtually no plays behind the line, and rarely sacks the QB...

He has good speed, and would probably be an asset in coverage, making him a nice potential WILB (of course, Bradie is a SILB), but in the Cowboys' scheme (which requires the DL to tie up the blockers so that the 'backers can run to the tackle), he wouldn't be especially effective...

And once again, you have the Boys claiming Angerer at around pick 120-125, when NFLDS rates him the 91st best senior in this class... so once again, your choices are highly unrealistic, just based on VALUE... you seem to be hoping the rest of the league will be stupid, and just let good players fall to the Boys... yeah, that'll happen...

6. Nick Polk FS Indiana 6-0 215 Who are we kidding Hamlin sucks Ball sucks Watkins sucks. Our safety depth isn't anything but that. WR convert playing safety doesn't shy away from contact does really well against the run. Has 4 career forced fumbles to go with 5 INT's in his career. He also has 181 tackles.

Fact check here-- Polk has 179 tackles in 32 games played, exactly 6 of them coming behind the line of scrimmage... and 4 forced fumbles combined with 5 ints in 32 games is nothing to write home about... the truth is, Polk will probably move to SS in the pros (his speed for FS is marginal at best, but he has plus size), and there's nothing in his college numbers to suggest that he'll be anything special either in run defense or coverage...

And once again, NFLDS rates him their 136th best player, while you have the Cowboys drafting him about 50 picks later...

7. Danny Batten 6-4 252 South Dokata St. You can never have to many pash rushers. The depth behind ware is lacking. This guy has all the tools to be able to good just need to show that he can do it a big level. Expect the combine + senior bowl to make his stock sky rocket.

Problem is, Batten will be long gone before the 5th round is over... he might even go in the 4th... only somebody who hasn't really looked at the draft prospects' draft grades would have him falling to the 7th round...

Now, looking at the big picture, besides consistently having the Boys draft players who are highly unlikely to actually BE ON THE BOARD when they pick, you have spent way too many premium picks on WR help, while spending way too few premium picks on serious needs like OL depth...

Like I said, and others have said, this draft is AWFUL... thank God you have nothing to do with building the Dallas Cowboys, or we would indeed be in the same shape as the Skins...

silverbear

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3112101 said:
We have a better QB than them.
Better TE than them.
We have better RB's than them.
We're a better team than them.

None of which would be true if you'd had anything to do with our last few drafts...

silverbear

Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;3112624 said:
1. Dallas has the 10th best passing attack in the league.

And even that's a misleading stat, because we have a good enough running attack that we only rank 18th in pass ATTEMPTS, at 359... there are 7 teams that have thrown the ball at least 406 times or more... if we'd thrown the ball 400 times, we'd be at 3159 yards passing, which would rank us 3rd in the NFL...

As it is, our 8.2 yards per attempt stands tied for 3rd best in the NFL...

In truth, the Boys have one of the best passing attacks in the NFL... among WRs with at least 20 catches, Austin ranks 1st with a 19.6 average, Roy ranks 9th with a 17.1 average, and Crayton ranks 19th with a 15.8 average...

That's right, our "garbage" 1-2-3 receivers rank 1st, 9th and 19th in yards per catch...

3. I just can't understand your obsession with the Cowboys receivers.

They call that "ignorance"... the Cowboys have arguably the 2nd best big play offense in the NFL right now, behind only the Saints... the Saints have more gains of 20 plus in their passing game, 49 to 42, but the Boys have twice as many gains of 40 plus, 14 to 7...

7. You pick a 7th rounder out of South Dakota State to come in and unseat Williams and Octavien, and I'm the one grasping at straws? Pfffffffftttttt!

There isn't a snowball's chance in Hades that Batten will still be on the board in the 7th, either...

silverbear

Reaction score
Big Dakota;3112654 said:
We don't need a WR:banghead:

Oh, I could see adding a wideout in the 2nd or 3rd round... but only one, and certainly not in the first (though on pure talent alone, I wouldn't scream TOO loud if the Boys took a flyer on Dez Bryant in the first, I just wouldn't go that way)...

silverbear

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3112995 said:
How many TFL how many INT how many FF how many PBU. yawn

And yet, you're riding Angerer's jock, and he had ONE tackle for loss in 12 games this year, TWO forced fumbles, ONE int and FIVE passes broken up...

Oh yeah, he's been a regular playmaker for the Hawkeyes... ROTFLMAO...

And that's just this season; for his career, he's played 42 games, has 7.5 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles, 6 ints and 8 passes broken up...

In 42 games... WOW, what an IMPACT player...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3113296 said:
Your every post puts the lie to that claim...

There's a reason why you're mocked so often, why a moderator saw fit to assign you an insulting title...

To put it bluntly, nobody in here has any respect for you or your opinions... there's a reason for that...

One it wasn't assigned to me I picked this title myself and I don't think it's insulting.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3113312 said:
None of which would be true if you'd had anything to do with our last few drafts...

For all intents purposes Chris Johnson or Mendenhall are having damn good season. I backed CJ the whole draft and felt we should of drafted Mendenhall. So I don't want to hear that crap. Witten has been here forever. I sure as hell wouldn't of drafted Bennett. Your point is mute and all conjecture come correct if you're going to come at all.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3113311 said:
I know I said this mock was so stupid that it didn't deserve a serious rebuttal, but now I feel inclined to demonstrate just how profoundly stupid it is:

Ahhh, so Dwaye Bowe is a good NFL player, therefore all LSU wide receivers are destined to be good NFL players...

You might want to try to apply that logic to the assorted LSU wide receivers who have stunk it out in the NFL... start with Skyler Green...

But really, that's not my chief objection to this pick, I think that LaFell might be a pretty fair WR in the pros (which is why most draft websites have him the top-rated receiver going into this draft)... nope, my objection to this pick is that, like the rest of your picks, there's little to no chance that LaFell will actually BE ON THE BOARD when the Cowboys get around to picking... I actually picked LaFell because I think he will be on the board when we draft. Especially if a lot of the underclass men WR come out. He may be rated #1 but that doesn't mean he would be the first WR taken. Last year the first WR taken was Heward Bay and the year before that Avery ( a guy who I liked). I mentioned Skyler Green in my post also. Or did you neglect to read that part? But I do like drafting players from schools that produce players that come out and produce. There are exceptions but it's kind of like defensive players and the SEC. Sort of like that. Pedigree is very important to me. Like I don't want anyone from bama why? Because Rashard Johnson aint doing anything. That OT was a mess and things of that nature will deter me from wanting someone. If it wasn't for Bowe I wouldn't want LaFell because our experience with LSU wide outs haven't been a good one.

This makes this pick highly unrealistic, indeed rather ridiculous... NFLDS rates Bowe the 6th best senior in this draft, and the top WR... the Boys won't be picking much before pick 20 at the very earliest, and when was the last time a draft went 20 picks before a WR was taken?? 2008 no WR was drafted in the first round. Donnie Avery was the first WR taken in the 2nd round by the rams.

An idiotic pick... if the Boys were to go WR in the first (and frankly, I think your belief that WR is a high priority is also idiotic), then they'll likely be looking at Dez Bryant... but I'd wait until the second or third round, then look at the likes of Jordan Shipley or Jacoby Ford, or even Decker (if you go WR in the second round, no way he'll make it to around pick 85 or 90 in the 3rd round)... You say we'd want to look at Dez Byrant that may be so but that doesn't mean he will be there. I'm not a fan of Byrant and he will most likely be gone way before LeFall. Don't say we have no shot at LaFell and then expect us to have a shot at Byrant.

He might be, but if the Cowboys hope to claim him, they'd have to grab him with their first round pick... again, you seem to be just picking players you like, with no regard whatsoever to their actual draft grades... again using NFLDS as the standard for predraft player rankings, he's ranked the 34th best senior in this draft... thus, the chances of him falling to where the Boys would pick in the 2nd round, around pick 50-55, maybe even 60, are extremely remote... You're only taking seniors into account which is your first mistake. Even though I don't like to draft underclassmen their will be people that declare don't forget that. Then you need to factor in with the fact that teams will reach on players. So if he's ranked 34th overall does that mean he will go 34th? I doubt it. He can go as early as 20 and as late as 50 or 60. I mean Brady Quinn was supposed top 5 pick right ?

Drafting 2 WRs in the first 3 rounds would be STUPID... you seem to think the Boys are bereft of talent at WR, and they're not... beyond that, as I've already mentioned, NFLDS rates Decker the 57th best player in this draft, which is late 2nd round... even allowing for underclassmen to declare and push prospects further down the list, don't look for Decker to fall to pick 85-90, where the Boys will be picking... Same thing as before Decker is out for the season and won't be back for any of the things that would improve his stock combine, senior bowl east west shrine grame etc. So he will slide it's a given. Once again people do not go where they are graded. So even though he's ranked 57th best he projecting 3rd round. Thus making this a great selection. We are lacking in talent. Miles Austin is having a break out season thats wonderful. RW is terrible and Crayton is average at best. We need to be able to have dependable WR's LeFall and Decker fit the mold. They have NFL bodies can run all the routes and have great hands. The WR position has gone undrafted for far too long it's a position that needs to be addressed immediately. Even if miles goes for 1000 yards this season i still would feel the need to draft a WR.

242 tackles in the last 25 games is a "tackling machine"?? and of those 242 tackles, only 7.5 of them were behind the line... he had 5 sacks in those 25 games... You do realize that that's almost 10 tackles per game right.

You rag on Bradie James for not making enough plays behind the line, for not sacking the QB regularly, then you go and recommend a LB who makes virtually no plays behind the line, and rarely sacks the QB... I never ragged on Bradie James for not sacking the QB regularly. I rag on him for not make tackle for loses. Not forcing fumbles and being a liability in coverage. I don't think Bradie James is good nor do I think he should continue to start for us. I believe that he would do better playing in a tampa 2 type defense.

He has good speed, and would probably be an asset in coverage, making him a nice potential WILB (of course, Bradie is a SILB), but in the Cowboys' scheme (which requires the DL to tie up the blockers so that the 'backers can run to the tackle), he wouldn't be especially effective... You are wrong he would be the SILB. The SILB should be able to cover the TE. If he does that then that means our Safeties don't have to and it allows for different coverages. The WIlB spot is covered with brookings and Williams. Also you are mistaken on our 3-4. You would be correct in assuming that the DL tie up the blockers if this was Parcells 2 Gap 3-4. However, Wade's 3-4 is different our Dline use a 1 gap technique and instead of tying up blockers so the LB'rs can make plays the should be able to beat their man off the ball and make plays at the LoS. Olshanky does that and you already know how effective Rat is.

And once again, you have the Boys claiming Angerer at around pick 120-125, when NFLDS rates him the 91st best senior in this class... so once again, your choices are highly unrealistic, just based on VALUE... you seem to be hoping the rest of the league will be stupid, and just let good players fall to the Boys... yeah, that'll happen... He's projecting in the round I took him in.

Fact check here-- Polk has 179 tackles in 32 games played, exactly 6 of them coming behind the line of scrimmage... and 4 forced fumbles combined with 5 ints in 32 games is nothing to write home about... the truth is, Polk will probably move to SS in the pros (his speed for FS is marginal at best, but he has plus size), and there's nothing in his college numbers to suggest that he'll be anything special either in run defense or coverage... So averaging close to 6 tackles per game is bad? 4 FF and 5 ints seem good especially for someone who converted to the position

And once again, NFLDS rates him their 136th best player, while you have the Cowboys drafting him about 50 picks later... Once again he's projecting in the round I took him in

Problem is, Batten will be long gone before the 5th round is over... he might even go in the 4th... only somebody who hasn't really looked at the draft prospects' draft grades would have him falling to the 7th round... Yeah I know. I just saw him liked him didn't want to re-work my draft so I figured what the hell.

Now, looking at the big picture, besides consistently having the Boys draft players who are highly unlikely to actually BE ON THE BOARD when they pick, you have spent way too many premium picks on WR help, while spending way too few premium picks on serious needs like OL depth... I'm not sure if Oline depth is the problem if we add fox for OT. Then LT is secured the Free is playing well at RT. There's still Brewster who knows how well of a prospect he is. Then for the interior oline we still have holland who can play both guard spots. Preaston to back up Gurode. We have an emergency LT in Davis. So if you don't want to draft a LT them move davis there and draft one. However, I don't think our Oline is as shack as everyone thinks. A lot of players we have can play a couple of spots along the oline.

Like I said, and others have said, this draft is AWFUL... thank God you have nothing to do with building the Dallas Cowboys, or we would indeed be in the same shape as the Skins...Because I want to WR in the first 3 rounds that would make us like the skins?

responses in bold.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3113329 said:
And yet, you're riding Angerer's jock, and he had ONE tackle for loss in 12 games this year, TWO forced fumbles, ONE int and FIVE passes broken up...

Oh yeah, he's been a regular playmaker for the Hawkeyes... ROTFLMAO...

And that's just this season; for his career, he's played 42 games, has 7.5 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles, 6 ints and 8 passes broken up...

In 42 games... WOW, what an IMPACT player...

I'm riding Angerer's jock? I put him in one of my mocks and I'm riding his jock that's brilliant you come up with that all by your self ?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3112748 said:
responses in bold.

response in bold.

Miles austin isn't the futures.

So you're not sold on Miles, and the next 5 games won't sell you on him, so you think the idea then should be to draft a WR with our first rounder because you'd be sold on them?

Exactly what NFL defense has either of those receivers performed against this year in order to give you the impression that they'd be better than Austin in the NFL?

Exactly what have they done to make you believe that they'd do anything more in the NFL? They've proven exactly nothing, in regards to the NFL, but you're idea is to simply go out and get one anyway, with 2 of our first 3 picks, when we have far more pressing needs (Such as LT and FS) on the off chance that they MIGHT deliever more in their first couple of years than Austin is already delievering?

Sorry but no.

Austin has already proven, more than once, that he can make plays against defenses in the NFL. Even crappy teams like KC and Atlanta are still better defenses than what either of those WR's have faced. You have exactly nothing, NFL wise, to base the idea that those guys will be #1 WRs on but yet you have several games with Austin in the NFL where he's proven, more than once, that he's capable of making plays, big time plays, on the NFL level.

Sorry but I don't agree with you. You don't have to actually mention draft status for it to be pretty clear where you're going. Austin hasn't proven anything, and won't, and he was undrafted but yet these rookies, whove never played in the NFL, are suddenly going to be much better options for the Cowboys because they were drafted in the first to third rounds.

I already know that Austin can play, and provide huge plays, and I don't know that those kids will be anything more for us than Heyward Bey has been for the Oakland Raiders.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3113935 said:
So you're not sold on Miles, and the next 5 games won't sell you on him, so you think the idea then should be to draft a WR with our first rounder because you'd be sold on them? It depends on how he plays. If he plays like he has against KC Atl and Oakaland I would be sold. But even if I am sold on him doesn't mean I wouldn't want a WR in the first round.

Exactly what NFL defense has either of those receivers performed against this year in order to give you the impression that they'd be better than Austin in the NFL?:rolleyes:

Exactly what have they done to make you believe that they'd do anything more in the NFL? They've proven exactly nothing, in regards to the NFL, but you're idea is to simply go out and get one anyway, with 2 of our first 3 picks, when we have far more pressing needs (Such as LT and FS) on the off chance that they MIGHT deliever more in their first couple of years than Austin is already delievering? It doesn't matter what Austin is delievering that doesn't mean we continue to neglect the WR position. It's a little ridiculous it's like ah man a player had a good season he must be a franchise player and we never need to address the position again. Please. I also address my thoughts on LT drafting Fox would be a great addition and Davis could be used as a LT he's played that position for 6 years in Arizona he only made the pro bowl at RG in dallas. Doesn't mean he was bad in that regard. So that position isn't a bad as people make it out to be.

Sorry but no. I have no clue as to what this is in reference to.

Austin has already proven, more than once, that he can make plays against defenses in the NFL. Even crappy teams like KC and Atlanta are still better defenses than what either of those WR's have faced. You have exactly nothing, NFL wise, to base the idea that those guys will be #1 WRs on but yet you have several games with Austin in the NFL where he's proven, more than once, that he's capable of making plays, big time plays, on the NFL level. I don't see how you can say OMG don't draft a player because he's produce and we don't need no one else at the position. I'm sure you were against drafting felix amirite? Whats the difference?

Sorry but I don't agree with you. You don't have to actually mention draft status for it to be pretty clear where you're going. Austin hasn't proven anything, and won't, and he was undrafted but yet these rookies, whove never played in the NFL, are suddenly going to be much better options for the Cowboys because they were drafted in the first to third rounds. The have the potential to be better prospect and that's why you draft them. I don't like your ideology or your opinion your getting butt sore and act as if you don't know what a draft is. You prob still defend RW since he's also proven more then the rookie WR's that I want us to draft. Once again child please. Learn something you draft players with the expectation of them to improve your team. Not sit on undrafted free agents for four years and wait for them to produce.

I already know that Austin can play, and provide huge plays, and I don't know that those kids will be anything more for us than Heyward Bey has been for the Oakland Raiders.Or they can be Desean Jackson Eddie Royal Donnie Avery Dwayne Bowe or any of plethora of other WR's that has produce that we haven't looked at because we felt as though no young WR can come in and produce.

responses in bold.