New Mock

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3113393 said:
One it wasn't assigned to me I picked this title myself and I don't think it's insulting.

Well, let's see...

You think "average" = "garbage"...

And you think that saying somebody "defies all reason and logic" is not an insult...

Your command of the English language is as comical as your football opinions... saying somebody defies all reason and logic is saying they're STUPID...

I can admit, it would never have occurred to me that you'd call yourself stupid... if nothing else, you've got a better sense of self-realization than I would have given you credit for... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3113458 said:
For all intents purposes Chris Johnson or Mendenhall are having damn good season. I backed CJ the whole draft and felt we should of drafted Mendenhall. So I don't want to hear that crap.

LOL... and what would you have done with the rest of your draft?? If the mock in this thread is any example of your draft evaluation skills, it would have been gawdawful...

And what exactly leads you to believe I CARE about what you do or don't want to hear??

Your point is mute

Actually, the word is MOOT, Einstein... once again, your tenuous grasp of the English language displays your lack of native intelligence...

And my point is not "moot" anyway... you have cranked out a perfectly ridiculous mock here, one that is extremely unrealistic... and based on that (and other equally ludicrous opinions you have expressed here in the Draft Zone), it is both logical and reasonable to conclude that if you had any say in the Cowboys' drafts, those drafts would SUCK...

You might defy all logic and reason, but I don't...

come correct if you're going to come at all.

ROTFLMAO... ooooh, I'm all a-tremble at the wrath of the internet tough guy...

I'm on your case for a while, hoss, learn to live with it...

silverbear

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3113480 said:
I actually picked LaFell because I think he will be on the board when we draft. Especially if a lot of the underclass men WR come out.

NFL Draft Scout rates LaFell the 6th best senior in this draft, NFL Draft Countdown rates him 7th best... but because YOU think he could fall 15-20 places, we're supposed to accept that??

My argument was that your rating of him was ridiculously low, based on the EXPERTS' ratings, and you've done nothing to disprove that... I have facts on my side, you have your comically biased opinion...

But I do like drafting players from schools that produce players that come out and produce. There are exceptions but it's kind of like defensive players and the SEC. Sort of like that.

Not so long ago, the Cowboys had a draft guru who thought like you do, and by the time he was done, Cowboys fans everywhere HATED him... I refer to Larry Lacewell, and he had the same irrational fondness for players from the SEC that you do...

Listen, it makes sense to look at players from the most successful programs, because those programs get successful by getting the better players... but to assume that because Player X went to University Y, he'll be a good pro is ASININE...

Pedigree is very important to me. Like I don't want anyone from bama why? Because Rashard Johnson aint doing anything.

Which is why you suck as a draft guru... seems you'd draft players from the schools you like, and ignore altogether anybody who happened to play for a school you don't like...

Me, I'm a Horns fan, but there are a number of their draft prospects this year that I wouldn't want to see in a Cowboys uniform... and being a Horns fan, that automatically means I dislike the Sooners, but every year they crank out a player or two that I'd enjoy seeing with a star on their helmet...

I prefer TALENT over "pedigree"...

2008 no WR was drafted in the first round. Donnie Avery was the first WR taken in the 2nd round by the rams.

Point taken, and I give you props for a substantive comeback... at the same time, it should be noted that the 08 draft was one of the worst in a long time for WR talent...

You say we'd want to look at Dez Byrant that may be so but that doesn't mean he will be there. I'm not a fan of Byrant and he will most likely be gone way before LeFall. Don't say we have no shot at LaFell and then expect us to have a shot at Byrant.

IF he's on the board, we might think about Bryant... he might be, he might not; on pure talent alone, he's probably a top 15 or 20 pick, but his off-field problems this year might push him down... that's why I'd look at him if he was on the board when the Boys' first pick rolls around, he'd be a great value where they'd be picking...

Most draft scouts rate LaFell ahead of Bryant right now, which is why I believe there's a great chance that Dez would be on the board than LaFell would be...

And why exactly aren't you a "fan of Bryant"?? You got a problem with big-play WRs who are also lethal kick returners??

Compare the stats of LaFell versus Bryant going into this season-- in 2007 and 2008, Dez caught 130 passes for 2102 yards (16.2 ypc) and 25 TDs, while Brandon caught 113 for 1585 yards (14.0 ypc) and 12 TDs...

So you prefer the receiver who had fewer catches, for a significantly lower average, and fewer than half the TDs, just because you're an LSU groupie...

BRILLIANT!!!

And I haven't even touched on what Bryant would offer as a kick returner... LaFell offers the Boys nothing in that department...

You're only taking seniors into account which is your first mistake. Even though I don't like to draft underclassmen their will be people that declare don't forget that.

I haven't forgotten a thing... believe me, I've been doing this draft analysis thing a LOT longer than you have... even before I got my first PC, I had years and years of Ourlads and Kiper draft guides in stacks around my desk...

There will not be enough underclassmen in this draft to push players down as far as you optimisitically claim in this comical "analysis"...

Then you need to factor in with the fact that teams will reach on players

I see, your mocks depend on teams reaching for players... gotcha...

ROTFLMAO...

Same thing as before Decker is out for the season and won't be back for any of the things that would improve his stock combine, senior bowl east west shrine grame etc. So he will slide it's a given.

If what you say is true (it is true that he'll be a few months getting back to working out), then you're drafting him way too early, too...

You do realize that that's almost 10 tackles per game right.

Which is a LOOOOONG way from a "tackling machine" in the NCAA... you want to see college "tackling machines", I've got a short list for ya:

Tim McGarigle, Northwestern (2002-05): 545
Rod Davis, Southern Miss (2000-03): 526
Justin Beriault, Ball State (2001-04): 508
Ryan Fowler, Duke: (2000-03): 495
Grant Wiley, West Virginia (2000-03): 492
Matt Pusateri, Miami (Ohio) (2001-04): 485
Dexter Reid, North Carolina (2000-03): 466
Derrick Johnson, Texas (2001-04): 458
Abdul Hodge, Iowa (2002-05): 453
John Leake, Clemson (2000-03): 443
E.J. Henderson, Maryland (2000-02): 434
Adam Seward, UNlV (2001-04): 433
Barrett Ruud, Nebraska (2001-04): 432
Terrell Jones, Miami (Ohio) (2000-03): 424
Chad Greenway, Iowa (2002-05): 416

Alongside that list, 242 tackles in 25 games isn't very impressive, is it?? I see a lot of NFL journeymen on that list, not a whole lot of stars...

I never ragged on Bradie James for not sacking the QB regularly. I rag on him for not make tackle for loses. Not forcing fumbles and being a liability in coverage.

And then you turn around and recommend the Boys replace Bradie with a player who doesn't make tackles for loss, or force fumbles... one who was good in coverage last year, but has regressed in that area this year...

And again, if Angerer were playing for the Boys, he would NOT be playing Bradie's position, he'd be competing for the WILB spot (with his speed)... so Angerer would not be a replacement for James...

You are wrong he would be the SILB.

No, he wouldn't... he'd be asked to play the role that Kevin Burnett played last year, that Carp is playing this year, the role we call the "cover 'backer"...

And now, I think it's time to demonstrate how completely STUPID your criticism of Bradie's cover skills are-- in 11 games this season, opposing TEs have caught exactly 3 TDs, 2 of those coming in the first 3 games, none of them in the last 3 games... for the season, opposing TEs have caught 46 passes for 505 yards and 3 TDs... those are actually pretty damned good stats, and of course some of those receptions came on two TE sets (and Bradie obviously can't cover BOTH TEs), or while Bradie was on the sidelines...

To suggest that he has been consistently burned by the TEs on passing downs is nothing more than revisionist history, and just more proof that you don't know what the hell you're talking about...

He's projecting in the round I took him in.

No, he's not... NFLDS has him at 91, NFL Draft Countdown has him at 71... that's 3rd round range, early 4th at the worst...

So averaging close to 6 tackles per game is bad? 4 FF and 5 ints seem good especially for someone who converted to the position

Those aren't bad numbers, but they aren't exceptional... you're making Polk sound like some kind of stud playmaker, and he's not... he might make a decent backup SS for the right team in the NFL, that's about the extent of the potential I can see...

Once again he's projecting in the round I took him in

Only in your fertile imagination... I challenge you to back that claim up with some FACTS...

Yeah I know. I just saw him liked him didn't want to re-work my draft so I figured what the hell.

IOW, you hoped that nobody who knew what they were talking about would read this "analysis", and care to comment with some reality...

Because I want to WR in the first 3 rounds that would make us like the skins?

Refer to the 2008 draft for your anwer to that... pay particular attention to Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas... and look at how well they've worked out for the Skins...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

silverbear

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3113487 said:
I'm riding Angerer's jock? I put him in one of my mocks and I'm riding his jock that's brilliant you come up with that all by your self ?

It's just a saying, meaning you're touting him as a viable replacement for Bradie James... don't be anal...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
you guys are making me want to refrain from posting anymore of my mocks.....the brutality in this thread is like the opening 10-20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan......

BTW, the mock does suck....no offense.

It made me toss my cookies, and I havent even eaten cookies for nearly a week or two.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
silverbear;3114681 said:
NFL Draft Scout rates LaFell the 6th best senior in this draft, NFL Draft Countdown rates him 7th best... but because YOU think he could fall 15-20 places, we're supposed to accept that??

My argument was that your rating of him was ridiculously low, based on the EXPERTS' ratings, and you've done nothing to disprove that... I have facts on my side, you have your comically biased opinion...

Not so long ago, the Cowboys had a draft guru who thought like you do, and by the time he was done, Cowboys fans everywhere HATED him... I refer to Larry Lacewell, and he had the same irrational fondness for players from the SEC that you do...

Listen, it makes sense to look at players from the most successful programs, because those programs get successful by getting the better players... but to assume that because Player X went to University Y, he'll be a good pro is ASININE...

Which is why you suck as a draft guru... seems you'd draft players from the schools you like, and ignore altogether anybody who happened to play for a school you don't like...

Me, I'm a Horns fan, but there are a number of their draft prospects this year that I wouldn't want to see in a Cowboys uniform... and being a Horns fan, that automatically means I dislike the Sooners, but every year they crank out a player or two that I'd enjoy seeing with a star on their helmet...

I prefer TALENT over "pedigree"...

Point taken, and I give you props for a substantive comeback... at the same time, it should be noted that the 08 draft was one of the worst in a long time for WR talent...

IF he's on the board, we might think about Bryant... he might be, he might not; on pure talent alone, he's probably a top 15 or 20 pick, but his off-field problems this year might push him down... that's why I'd look at him if he was on the board when the Boys' first pick rolls around, he'd be a great value where they'd be picking...

Most draft scouts rate LaFell ahead of Bryant right now, which is why I believe there's a great chance that Dez would be on the board than LaFell would be...

And why exactly aren't you a "fan of Bryant"?? You got a problem with big-play WRs who are also lethal kick returners??

Compare the stats of LaFell versus Bryant going into this season-- in 2007 and 2008, Dez caught 130 passes for 2102 yards (16.2 ypc) and 25 TDs, while Brandon caught 113 for 1585 yards (14.0 ypc) and 12 TDs...

So you prefer the receiver who had fewer catches, for a significantly lower average, and fewer than half the TDs, just because you're an LSU groupie...

BRILLIANT!!!

And I haven't even touched on what Bryant would offer as a kick returner... LaFell offers the Boys nothing in that department...

I haven't forgotten a thing... believe me, I've been doing this draft analysis thing a LOT longer than you have... even before I got my first PC, I had years and years of Ourlads and Kiper draft guides in stacks around my desk...

There will not be enough underclassmen in this draft to push players down as far as you optimisitically claim in this comical "analysis"...

I see, your mocks depend on teams reaching for players... gotcha...

ROTFLMAO...

If what you say is true (it is true that he'll be a few months getting back to working out), then you're drafting him way too early, too...

Which is a LOOOOONG way from a "tackling machine" in the NCAA... you want to see college "tackling machines", I've got a short list for ya:

Alongside that list, 242 tackles in 25 games isn't very impressive, is it?? I see a lot of NFL journeymen on that list, not a whole lot of stars...

And then you turn around and recommend the Boys replace Bradie with a player who doesn't make tackles for loss, or force fumbles... one who was good in coverage last year, but has regressed in that area this year...

And again, if Angerer were playing for the Boys, he would NOT be playing Bradie's position, he'd be competing for the WILB spot (with his speed)... so Angerer would not be a replacement for James...

No, he wouldn't... he'd be asked to play the role that Kevin Burnett played last year, that Carp is playing this year, the role we call the "cover 'backer"...

And now, I think it's time to demonstrate how completely STUPID your criticism of Bradie's cover skills are-- in 11 games this season, opposing TEs have caught exactly 3 TDs, 2 of those coming in the first 3 games, none of them in the last 3 games... for the season, opposing TEs have caught 46 passes for 505 yards and 3 TDs... those are actually pretty damned good stats, and of course some of those receptions came on two TE sets (and Bradie obviously can't cover BOTH TEs), or while Bradie was on the sidelines...

To suggest that he has been consistently burned by the TEs on passing downs is nothing more than revisionist history, and just more proof that you don't know what the hell you're talking about...

No, he's not... NFLDS has him at 91, NFL Draft Countdown has him at 71... that's 3rd round range, early 4th at the worst...

Those aren't bad numbers, but they aren't exceptional... you're making Polk sound like some kind of stud playmaker, and he's not... he might make a decent backup SS for the right team in the NFL, that's about the extent of the potential I can see...

Only in your fertile imagination... I challenge you to back that claim up with some FACTS...

IOW, you hoped that nobody who knew what they were talking about would read this "analysis", and care to comment with some reality...

Refer to the 2008 draft for your anwer to that... pay particular attention to Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas... and look at how well they've worked out for the Skins...

I CRY BLASPHEMY................I'm calling the Bevo Police on you:laugh2:

As a Horns homer, there are Horns each year I would like to see Dallas draft, and at the same time, there are Horns I don't want anywhere near Dallas. However, it is highly rare for me to ever want a Sooner in Big D. Although, I'd rather have a Sooner than a Trojan.....at least the Sooner most likely grew up in Texas and knows what real football is.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
The Horns I would like to draft

Colt McCoy - but we have McGee now, so nevermind
Sergio Kindle - i'm kinda disappointed with his play this year as far as plays in the backfield....however, he has shown to be a more versatile defensive player, dropping into coverage and such. Plus he is a huge reason the run defense is so dominant.
Jordan Shipley - my favorite WR in the draft
Earl Thomas - I want him more than any player in the draft, if he comes out. he would move Mike Iupati down to #2 on my list
Lamarr Houston - I wanted Miller last year, but didn't get him. I hope we can get Houston in the late rounds, but his stock has shot up this year.
Roderick Muckelroy - I'm iffy on him, but he may turn out to have a quietly, solid NFL career.

I stay away from all UT OLinemen. They used to make em like Neil, Brockermeier, Davis, Williams, Sendlein, Studdard, Dockery, Dockery, etc....but now they are just a bunch of pansies. I hate how soft our OL has become.

silverbear

Reaction score
Biggems;3114691 said:
I CRY BLASPHEMY................I'm calling the Bevo Police on you:laugh2:

Oh. noes... ANYTHING but the Bevo police... have a little mercy on a heretic....

As a Horns homer, there are Horns each year I would like to see Dallas draft, and at the same time, there are Horns I don't want anywhere near Dallas. However, it is highly rare for me to ever want a Sooner in Big D.

When it comes to draft day, I put my personal biases away... I might gag a little touting a Sooner, but if he's got game, I'm all for the Boys drafting him...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3114614 said:
Well, let's see...

You think "average" = "garbage"... Yeah I don't mediocrity is considering failing. or do you accept mediocrity nothing like 7th place trophies amirtie?

And you think that saying somebody "defies all reason and logic" is not an insult... Na I don't think it's an insult. I think of as me being a ground breaking thinker that can change the way people think like people who used think the world was flat. You to me view the world as flat and I don't think that way.

Your command of the English language is as comical as your football opinions... saying somebody defies all reason and logic is saying they're STUPID... Yawn.

I can admit, it would never have occurred to me that you'd call yourself stupid... if nothing else, you've got a better sense of self-realization than I would have given you credit for... :D Yawn.

silverbear;3114624 said:
LOL... and what would you have done with the rest of your draft?? If the mock in this thread is any example of your draft evaluation skills, it would have been gawdawful... If you want to look at my mocks just search for them there's plenty of them I don't have them off the top of my head from 2 years ago.

And what exactly leads you to believe I CARE about what you do or don't want to hear??

Actually, the word is MOOT, Einstein... once again, your tenuous grasp of the English language displays your lack of native intelligence... Thanks for the english language sorry if I don't post perfectly on a cowboys website......

And my point is not "moot" anyway... you have cranked out a perfectly ridiculous mock here, one that is extremely unrealistic... and based on that (and other equally ludicrous opinions you have expressed here in the Draft Zone), it is both logical and reasonable to conclude that if you had any say in the Cowboys' drafts, those drafts would SUCK... Where do you get that from? I'd love see your reasoning. Based off my mocks? This December mock? Child please you're a joke.

You might defy all logic and reason, but I don't...

ROTFLMAO... ooooh, I'm all a-tremble at the wrath of the internet tough guy... Not trying to be an internet tough guy......

I'm on your case for a while, hoss, learn to live with it...I know I love gotta embrace the hate right?

silverbear;3114681 said:
NFL Draft Scout rates LaFell the 6th best senior in this draft, NFL Draft Countdown rates him 7th best... but because YOU think he could fall 15-20 places, we're supposed to accept that?? Give me one draft where someone was drafted in the same spot that they were ranked. Since you love NFLDraftscout so much. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock Both of those mocks have him going in the late 20's one of them has him going to us so yeah can't wait for you to say that they don't know what they're doing and they have him ranked 7th. Your point invalidated. Nice try though.

My argument was that your rating of him was ridiculously low, based on the EXPERTS' ratings, and you've done nothing to disprove that... I have facts on my side, you have your comically biased opinion... http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock Seems about right to me man . But I'm just blowing smoke I guess.

Not so long ago, the Cowboys had a draft guru who thought like you do, and by the time he was done, Cowboys fans everywhere HATED him... I refer to Larry Lacewell, and he had the same irrational fondness for players from the SEC that you do... Na I actually am not that big on SeC players. I try to get people from everywhere. I don't think SeC = success in the NFL i've stated that many times before.

Listen, it makes sense to look at players from the most successful programs, because those programs get successful by getting the better players... but to assume that because Player X went to University Y, he'll be a good pro is ASININE... It's not asinine in the least. It's looking from the past to make a prediction on what to expect from the future. You want kids from big time programs because you believe them to be better coached and prepared to make the transition to the NFL than small school programs. Is that to say that all big time college players from big schools make it no. I'm just looking at players success from a program and expect the say thing from someone with similar stats build and from the same school.

Which is why you suck as a draft guru... seems you'd draft players from the schools you like, and ignore altogether anybody who happened to play for a school you don't like... If that was the case I'd draft everyone from Miami and just pass on anyone from the SeC pac10 or any other school. I try to take a reasonable approach and judge everyone on the same playing field. The things that stick out to me are seniors and stats. I like seniors who produce so I will put them in my mocks. I like people from big time schools because they get it done against big time talent. That's not to say I haven't back small school players because I have. I do that all the time. I also like looking up school small players and finding that diamond in the rough.

Me, I'm a Horns fan, but there are a number of their draft prospects this year that I wouldn't want to see in a Cowboys uniform... and being a Horns fan, that automatically means I dislike the Sooners, but every year they crank out a player or two that I'd enjoy seeing with a star on their helmet... I wouldn't want anyone from either team TBH.

I prefer TALENT over "pedigree"... Talent is overrated. I've stated this before. Give me someone that goes out and produce with a strong work ethic. That beats out talent any day of the week in my book.

Point taken, and I give you props for a substantive comeback... at the same time, it should be noted that the 08 draft was one of the worst in a long time for WR talent... Maybe it was but I think there was some good WR's in that draft some of which we should of drafted Avery Royal and Jackson are clearly standouts of that class.

IF he's on the board, we might think about Bryant... he might be, he might not; on pure talent alone, he's probably a top 15 or 20 pick, but his off-field problems this year might push him down... that's why I'd look at him if he was on the board when the Boys' first pick rolls around, he'd be a great value where they'd be picking... Bryant is a top 10 pick even with the off the field stuff. If he feel to us I'd go after him. However I wouldn't see him dropping that far.

Most draft scouts rate LaFell ahead of Bryant right now, which is why I believe there's a great chance that Dez would be on the board than LaFell would be... Care to explain which of these scouts have LaFell over Byrant.

And why exactly aren't you a "fan of Bryant"?? You got a problem with big-play WRs who are also lethal kick returners?? Because I don't like players who have all the talent in the world and feel as though they can do whatever and it's okay. I don't see why he jeopardized his JR season like this. But that's a warning sign to me.

Compare the stats of LaFell versus Bryant going into this season-- in 2007 and 2008, Dez caught 130 passes for 2102 yards (16.2 ypc) and 25 TDs, while Brandon caught 113 for 1585 yards (14.0 ypc) and 12 TDs... I think Bryant still has the best stats.

So you prefer the receiver who had fewer catches, for a significantly lower average, and fewer than half the TDs, just because you're an LSU groupie... I'm not an LSU groupie.

BRILLIANT!!!

And I haven't even touched on what Bryant would offer as a kick returner... LaFell offers the Boys nothing in that department...Bryant can do multiple things that is true.

I haven't forgotten a thing... believe me, I've been doing this draft analysis thing a LOT longer than you have... even before I got my first PC, I had years and years of Ourlads and Kiper draft guides in stacks around my desk... How long have I been making these mocks?

There will not be enough underclassmen in this draft to push players down as far as you optimisitically claim in this comical "analysis"... That's true but you have to show me one season where a draft plays out where the person is ranked. All intese purpose lafell maybe ranked 7th among seniors that's rather meaningless especially when the site you're using him as a reference has him going to ous in one of their mock drafts.

I see, your mocks depend on teams reaching for players... gotcha... It doesn't depend on that but it's logical to assume that teams will reach on players they like because they do. Once again look at the mocks by the guys on NFLDS. Then look at where I have LaFell going notice any similarities?

ROTFLMAO...

If what you say is true (it is true that he'll be a few months getting back to working out), then you're drafting him way too early, too... It is true. However that's he should be back by training I believe and be able to work out then. I don't think it's too early for a player of his talent. I mean he isn't crabtree but he's still good enough to warrant a 3rd round selection.

Alongside that list, 242 tackles in 25 games isn't very impressive, is it?? I see a lot of NFL journeymen on that list, not a whole lot of stars... That list is depressing LoL.

And then you turn around and recommend the Boys replace Bradie with a player who doesn't make tackles for loss, or force fumbles... one who was good in coverage last year, but has regressed in that area this year... Why wouldn't he replace james?

And again, if Angerer were playing for the Boys, he would NOT be playing Bradie's position, he'd be competing for the WILB spot (with his speed)... so Angerer would not be a replacement for James... Why would he play the WILB?

No, he wouldn't... he'd be asked to play the role that Kevin Burnett played last year, that Carp is playing this year, the role we call the "cover 'backer"... That's what Jason WIlliams is for.

And now, I think it's time to demonstrate how completely STUPID your criticism of Bradie's cover skills are-- in 11 games this season, opposing TEs have caught exactly 3 TDs, 2 of those coming in the first 3 games, none of them in the last 3 games... for the season, opposing TEs have caught 46 passes for 505 yards and 3 TDs... those are actually pretty damned good stats, and of course some of those receptions came on two TE sets (and Bradie obviously can't cover BOTH TEs), or while Bradie was on the sidelines... Why is bradie james on the sidelines? Shouldn't our captain be on the field at all times? You mean to tell me James isn't a 3 down Lb'r and yet you defend him?

To suggest that he has been consistently burned by the TEs on passing downs is nothing more than revisionist history, and just more proof that you don't know what the hell you're talking about... If you say so. I love how james gets a pass for his terrible coverage.

No, he's not... NFLDS has him at 91, NFL Draft Countdown has him at 71... that's 3rd round range, early 4th at the worst... Look at what round he's projecting at man not only do they rank plays but that also put where they think he'll be drafted.

Those aren't bad numbers, but they aren't exceptional... you're making Polk sound like some kind of stud playmaker, and he's not... he might make a decent backup SS for the right team in the NFL, that's about the extent of the potential I can see... I never said they were exception but in this round those a good numbers.

Refer to the 2008 draft for your anwer to that... pay particular attention to Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas... and look at how well they've worked out for the Skins... Well according to you guys Rashard Mendenhall was a bust after he got injured. oops. They have Jason Campbell throwing to him a guy that yall say isn't an NFL QB but yet they're at fault. I love your convenient logic. Also they were making plays for them against us. It's only a matter of time till they start living up to their potential when they happens watch out.

Bold for response.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;3114687 said:
you guys are making me want to refrain from posting anymore of my mocks.....the brutality in this thread is like the opening 10-20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan......

BTW, the mock does suck....no offense.

It made me toss my cookies, and I havent even eaten cookies for nearly a week or two.

1. How do you complain about the brutality then say my mock sucks.
2. No offense doesn't give you a pass to say whatever the hell you want.
3. Tell my why you dislike my mock.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3114217 said:
responses in bold.

I know exactly what you use the draft for. To rebuild more talent at your team at positions that of need at that time or in the very near future.

With the group of receivers we have right now, at their ages, and the fact that they are producing the WR position is WAY DOWN the list of needs right now. You can still draft some, of course, but you don't waste any of your first or second, or in my opinion 3rd rounders, at this point on a position that is not nearly in as much need as Offensive line is and the free safety position.

We aren't going to move Davis out to LT, just because he's played it before. What does that do? he's not as good there, as he is at RG, and then you just give yourself a hole at RG that you'd have to fill. So why create another need to try and fill one? You draft yourself a LT to fill that need.

LT, FS, overall offensive line depth are all much great needs than WR. That's why I don't like your mock. You're wasting 2 of our first 3 selections on a position that isn't in need of that kind of attention at this point.

If we were in great shape all across the board, at every position, then you can afford to go around just draft based on what you'd like to have more of. Right now Dallas has far greater needs then just selecting WR's for the sake of selecting WR's.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3115212 said:
Daboys is getting raked over the coals here lol

Nah he's doing just fine for the most part. He's defending himself in a mostly good way and has at least bothered to back up his positions and such instead of just giving standard answers or running from the topic and not returning like some others do.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3115541 said:
I know exactly what you use the draft for. To rebuild more talent at your team at positions that of need at that time or in the very near future.

With the group of receivers we have right now, at their ages, and the fact that they are producing the WR position is WAY DOWN the list of needs right now. You can still draft some, of course, but you don't waste any of your first or second, or in my opinion 3rd rounders, at this point on a position that is not nearly in as much need as Offensive line is and the free safety position.

We aren't going to move Davis out to LT, just because he's played it before. What does that do? he's not as good there, as he is at RG, and then you just give yourself a hole at RG that you'd have to fill. So why create another need to try and fill one? You draft yourself a LT to fill that need.

LT, FS, overall offensive line depth are all much great needs than WR. That's why I don't like your mock. You're wasting 2 of our first 3 selections on a position that isn't in need of that kind of attention at this point.

If we were in great shape all across the board, at every position, then you can afford to go around just draft based on what you'd like to have more of. Right now Dallas has far greater needs then just selecting WR's for the sake of selecting WR's.

Davis is a probowl RG but as for emergency situations I don't see the problem. Right now he's the best back up LT we have so I don't mind. I'm also curious to see how free will up at LT since he isn't do a bad job at RT. With the addition of Brewster the Tackle spot at least for me is secure. Addressing LT early is not a problem for me that's why I went with Fox. If you think we can get a better LT early on then that's cool. As for FS I've looked at them and it's rather depressing TBH. I don't think there's a point in getting a FS early when there really isn't one that stands out to me. Also I don't think it's selecting WR for the sake of WR's I believe it's still a very big need for us. If Austin is producing which is that's amazing. We still need to go into the draft wanting a WR and going after one because no one knows what next season holds. If Austin finishes off the season strong then need for a WR won't be as strong and the 3rd round WR would be a no go. Then it would have to go somewhere in the 3rd and everything else will change. Also the production at the WR spot outside is Austin isn't great it's not even good TBH. Just out of curiosity what FS's do you like in this years draft coming up?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3115005 said:
1. How do you complain about the brutality then say my mock sucks.
2. No offense doesn't give you a pass to say whatever the hell you want.
3. Tell my why you dislike my mock.

Aside from Jason Fox, I dislike everything.

BTW, I get a pass to do or say whatever I damn well please. If you dont like, oh well. If you dont like the opinions of others, dont put yourself out there in the first place.

When I complained about the brutality, I was being serious and facetious at the same time.....but I wouldnt expect you to get that.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;3116444 said:
Aside from Jason Fox, I dislike everything.

BTW, I get a pass to do or say whatever I damn well please. If you dont like, oh well. If you dont like the opinions of others, dont put yourself out there in the first place.

When I complained about the brutality, I was being serious and facetious at the same time.....but I wouldnt expect you to get that.

LoL i was joking around also but I guess you didn't get it. Why do you dislike the players I selected?

silverbear

Reaction score
Biggems;3114687 said:

Have you seen me being critical of other mocks, pal??

I only chose to take on this one because a) it seemed to be to be so unrealistic, having players fall further than any experts are projecting them to, and b) because DBoys is so consistently rude, bordering on arrogant, toward anyone who disagrees with him...