Game Day New Orleans Saints at Dallas Cowboys | 2nd Half Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
yes, we're enjoying the game.....

XtAaS9.gif
Lol, saw we gave up 35 points in the first half at home.
Green Bay playoff flashback.
What a dumpster fire!
Glad we went all in this past off season!
Wahoooo !!!!!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
:hammer:.......Sitting out free agency was the dumbest move all off season. Your not fooling anyone with Jordan Phillips and Linvil Joseph signings.
But now we know why Jerry didn't do anything in FA, it was more important to overpay his 5th tier QB.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I said it for years, I'd take Derek Carr over Dak every day of the week....when this guy has an Oline that can give time to throw, he'll pick you a part...

Dallas Defense looks like they've been reading the headlines all week about how great they were last week....5 possessions, five TD's ....ouch!!!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
A good offense is answering what the defense gives up. This offense is failing to answer - again.
You cant be serious, "Ok Offense Score every play because the defense decided to break a franchise record for scores givin up in the first half"...your not this dumb..you dont have an NFL defense if the other team scores every drive...

jblaze2004

Reaction score
A good offense is answering what the defense gives up. This offense is failing to answer - again.
What..... Looks at the stats. Even Patrick Mahomes wouldn't be able to win if a defense lays down like our is. Defense isn't forcing a punt, turnover or even a FG.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So, I suspect we are going to have to abandon the run in the 2nd half....not that that was successful in the 1st half anyway!! Which means saints will come after Dak with every play!! Not looking forward to that. Would be really nice if our defense can make a STOP!! I'm just dumbfounded at the difference from last week and last week. smdh

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I think last week fooled us. But I think we need to look at the roster and understand that this team is lacking depth at certain positions and tried to fill it in with cheap unproven, or over the hill players.

Brooks and Tolbert are JAGs, I am not sure Brooks would play for any other team but Dallas.

The defense has not fixed the problems that had last year. There is no pass rush outside Micah and if a team commits to stopping him there is no one else to put pressure on the QB. The run defense is only marginally improved over last year.

On offense, we have no running game and that puts a lot of pressure on receivers like Tolbert and Brooks because CeeDee is going to see a lot of attention and Cooks is a limited #2 at best.

Finally, to think that a rookie like Carson could come in and take the place of an all-pro like Bland is just folly.

I think Dallas is going to have games like this one all season long. Their weaknesses along the DL, and the inability to threaten defenses with a running game are going to open them up to some big offensive outputs against them.
What are you going to fill the roster with when you are paying at the top of the market for QB, WR, CB, and soon to be DE?

BigD5

Reaction score
What’s the franchise record for most points allowed? Dallas should aim to set it today

Status
Not open for further replies.