New Star Wars trailer

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
This is the first trailer to give me positive feels.
Still not hyped yet. I'll see it either way, just not opening week.

What I can't wait for is all the people who will complain and cry about it once they see it. Just like they did for the prequels.

I swear, today people complain these days just to make a spectacle of themselves.

I'm with you though. I'm pretty excited. Good or bad, I am excited.

I'm pretty sure people complained about the prequels because they are objectively awful movies with some of the worst dialogue around.

Reactions: BAZ

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure people complained about the prequels because they are objectively awful movies with some of the worst dialogue around.

This is not even remotely true.

People hated them because they came off like kids movies rather than like the originals which had a more serious tone to them.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
What I can't wait for is all the people who will complain and cry about it once they see it. Just like they did for the prequels.

I swear, today people complain these days just to make a spectacle of themselves.

I get it. I'm a fan first.

The story for the prequels was pretty obvious for what it had to be.
I liked anakin the actor.

It was just done really bad. It just was.

As a fan I want the best. That star trek /khan remake was garbage and unimaginative.

People hated them because they came off like kids movies rather than like the originals which had a more serious tone to them.

The prequels predetermined that it would be youngsters. Everyone knew that.
Not true. At all.

Last edited:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I get it. I'm a fan first.

The story for the prequels was pretty obvious for what it had to be.
I liked anakin the actor.

It was just done really bad. It just was.

As a fan I want the best. That star trek /khan remake was garbage and unimaginative.

This is what I'm talking about. People have this nostalgia about old movies. Like you note. The Wrath of Khan. I too love that movie, but if I go back and watch it objectively. No, it's not some super great movie. It just is because at the time, it was so much better than every other Sci-Fi movie. It was so much different than the status quo of the day. Today, it's not even close. Yet, nostalgia makes everyone loft it so high up in the sky that no new remake / prequel will ever be able to do it justice.

The point is, stop comparing it and just take the movie at face value. The Star Wars prequel movies entertained me. That is what was important.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
This is what I'm talking about. People have this nostalgia about old movies. Like you note. The Wrath of Khan. I too love that movie, but if I go back and watch it objectively. No, it's not some super great movie. It just is because at the time, it was so much better than every other Sci-Fi movie. It was so much different than the status quo of the day. Today, it's not even close. Yet, nostalgia makes everyone loft it so high up in the sky that no new remake / prequel will ever be able to do it justice.

The point is, stop comparing it and just take the movie at face value. The Star Wars prequel movies entertained me. That is what was important.

No nostalgia. No comparing.
I went into Star Trek open minded looking for good story. Original idea in some way,
For goodness sake, he had Spock yell out khhhhhaaaannnnnn = weak!

rynochop

Reaction score
I think a shot of Luke with his repaired hand is touching R2D2 In an early trailer. He was doing the voice over in that scene too.

Forgot about that. He.s not on the poster though. Some guy was commenting on Facebook that he thinks Luke goes to the dark side. Idk, not sure what his motivation would be

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Forgot about that. He.s not on the poster though. Some guy was commenting on Facebook that he thinks Luke goes to the dark side. Idk, not sure what his motivation would be
I'll be surprised if that happens. Luke was a Jedi, like his father before him.

Even though the Force is strong within him, he is still human. I doubt that he would enjoy the longevity and vitality of someone like Yoda. Luke would be powerful but subpar physically by now. It would not surprise me if the new Sith overpowers and destroys Luke in this new series.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score

Oh quit complaining.

khurt

Reaction score
I think a shot of Luke with his repaired hand is touching R2D2 In an early trailer. He was doing the voice over in that scene too.

At the end of the trailer, they show a fight between Kylo Ren and Finn. There's a shot at 1:24 of Kylo Ren holding 2 lightsabers. Finn probably loses that fight, but lives. Since people that lose lightsaber fights tend to lose hands, that could still be Finn with the robotic hand at 1:40.

Or, it could be Luke. :)

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
This is not even remotely true.

I don't know... ROTJ was slanted towards kids... Ewok Dolls all over the place.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Lens flare at :50

flares are great if they are natural... different light units, different lenses give different type of flares (or filters)...
its when they are digitally created, and used in areas you wouldn't normally see them they become annoying.