Newer Vehicle

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Had a '99 Dodge Dakota I got rid of last year, with 220,000 miles. Gave it to my brother who scrapped it within a month because the rot got to everything. The way it started in the first 50k, I didn't think it'd last to 100k, but it ended up treating me pretty well. Got my money's worth.
I got my Chevy with 60k. Had to dump 6k into it right from the get go. My father in-law sold it to me for 1k. He did not take care of it at all. The dash was lit up like a Christmas tree. That thing lasted me 6 years so far. I've hauled and pulled just about everything with that thing. American made baby!

lukin2006

Reaction score
I almost bought a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk recently when my lease ended on my last vehicle mainly because of the snow/off-road ability that I may need depending on where I move soon.

The trailhawk is nice. Have you purchased a 4*4 yet?

lukin2006

Reaction score
I'm in a 2014 Grand Cherokee with over 100k miles and knock on wood no bad issues so far. Just some minor one day fixes under warranty.

IMO FCA really improved their QA/QC and reliability since the early 2000's

I agree. I like to support Chrysler/Jeep. They are a major employer in my neck of the woods.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
And where you drive the vehicle, particularly in the Winter. The crap they spray on the roads here in CT in Winter eats metal like Rosie O'Donnell eats....everything else.
*Back in the mid-west( early to mid 80's), the county's road commission had o.k.' d letting "us" spray the salt-water by- product from the oil Wells on some of the local surrounding gravel roads, after admiring the sturdy winter condition of our lease roads,as snow would melt off real quick as compared to theirs,& the following summer to help keep the dust down,as it pretty much seals it down to a crust with repeated traffic, till someone bought a new school bus & threw a tizzy fit& we were told :STOP DOING THAT,,,:lmao2:

( I think he'd hit a patch fresh Bottom Sediment /tank bottom,that had gotten sprayed in the name of weed control& gotten that on his new bus,,, oh,man! It'd be a haz-mat Superfunded Fiasco ,with hefty fines& jail time if that was done today:lmao2:)

Hardline

Reaction score
I it bought this 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport last month
Only 13K miles.
092fd43339c231109e4075a057651120.jpg

John813

Reaction score
Congrats! Always fun getting a new ride. Jeep is a good brand. In fact, I always had a thing for the Jeep Cherokee SRT-8s. :)

You have good taste lol

20190531-112037.jpg

Father upgraded his SRT to the 'hawk last year.
Still rocking mine.

Loved the original SRT-8's. Back when I had my Lightning they were a fun competition at the track and maybe out on an empty highway.

rags747

Reaction score
Consumers Reports shows - Transmission, drive train, electronics problems in the 2015.
Consumer Reports great for dish washers and vacuum cleaners, Cars not so much.
Leased an 18 Grand Cherokee Altitude for my daughter, Met black with 20” black wheels. Sharp vehicle and rides fantastic, she loves it.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I support Jeep products as well. I have had a Wrangler, Cherokee and a Ram truck. They were all relatively problem free. I currently have a 2017 Ram 1500 bought new and zero problems so far, not even a scratch.

I will be trading up soon for a 2020 Ram 2500 by Thanksgiving hopefully :thumbup:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You have good taste lol

20190531-112037.jpg

Father upgraded his SRT to the 'hawk last year.
Still rocking mine.

Loved the original SRT-8's. Back when I had my Lightning they were a fun competition at the track and maybe out on an empty highway.
Heck yeah! I really love the newer bodystyle too. Great looking rides!! Always loved that platform, plus, I'm a super big homer for AWD. :D

lukin2006

Reaction score
I support Jeep products as well. I have had a Wrangler, Cherokee and a Ram truck. They were all relatively problem free. I currently have a 2017 Ram 1500 bought new and zero problems so far, not even a scratch.

I will be trading up soon for a 2020 Ram 2500 by Thanksgiving hopefully :thumbup:

The 2015 I just bought....not a scratch and the interior was mint. Only 55 000 k's...once I test drove it I knew I was buying that vehicle and I love it. I love being back in a V6 again.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
*Back in the mid-west( early to mid 80's), the county's road commission had o.k.' d letting "us" spray the salt-water by- product from the oil Wells on some of the local surrounding gravel roads, after admiring the sturdy winter condition of our lease roads,as snow would melt off real quick as compared to theirs,& the following summer to help keep the dust down,as it pretty much seals it down to a crust with repeated traffic, till someone bought a new school bus & threw a tizzy fit& we were told :STOP DOING THAT,,,:lmao2:

( I think he'd hit a patch fresh Bottom Sediment /tank bottom,that had gotten sprayed in the name of weed control& gotten that on his new bus,,, oh,man! It'd be a haz-mat Superfunded Fiasco ,with hefty fines& jail time if that was done today:lmao2:)
They would have been better off spraying oil on the roads.

:muttley: