Newman!! is back!! henry benched!!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;2424394 said:
wish we'd draft more guys that frustrate like him then, because the guy can flat out cover
Eh...he's usually a step off in man (or biting) and his zone is atrocious.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;2424399 said:

I havent noticed him being a step off in man any, especially if he's up pressing...I knew he'd struggle with the zone stuff though...almost all college CB's that play in systems with almost exclusive man coverage struggle initially in the NFL

he's too talented though...his feet and hips are excellent, he's going to be a good one

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
theogt;2424399 said:

Wasn't that the knock on him coming out of USF? That he hasn't played any Zone? He likely needs more time to develop some skilz with it.

Frozen700

Reaction score
dbair1967;2424416 said:
I havent noticed him being a step off in man any, especially if he's up pressing...I knew he'd struggle with the zone stuff though...almost all college CB's that play in systems with almost exclusive man coverage struggle initially in the NFL

he's too talented though...his feet and hips are excellent, he's going to be a good one

yea i cant wait until its him Newman..n Scandrick officially as our top 3...or if Pacman gets back......

idk...our Secondary feels kind of weird not having henry...but its what is needed

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2424399 said:
I agree with David here. He has all the tools. But he is still a rookie. And subject to those rookie mistakes. He has a solid future.

Smith22

Reaction score
The hit TNew laid on Moss was just too sweet!

I would love for that clip to be posted here.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Smith22;2424471 said:
The hit TNew laid on Moss was just too sweet!

I would love for that clip to be posted here.

yea moss got mad...Newman was talking ****

followthestar

Reaction score
Clove;2423801 said:
I take back all the bad things I said about Newman not being tested, he was tested time and time again, and basically made them pay the price for testing him.

There have been some who questioned if TNT really was a shutdown type CB. Now you have your answer. Its sad that Henry couldn't hold up physically, cause he was an intercpetion machine when he was at 100%, but thankfully it looks like our rookies are up for the challenge. This can only mean good things for our ability and willingness to blitz, and we have the right personnel for that, no doubt, if the coaches feel comfortable enough to go in that direction. :) I'm lovin' it!!!

jcr

Reaction score
STSINAZ;2424031 said:
gotta get rid of roy, henry, james, canty and spears in the offseason...seriously...they are dead weight...we have spears replacement on the roster...move hamlin to SS, get watkins ready or get a free agent...

I don't understand all the hate for James all the time. Dude is usually in every play, he's not the best ILB, but we can do a lot worst. He lead the team in tackles again btw. Canty and Spreas arent sack machines but they hold their ground. You can't have pro bowlers at every position, not enough money.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
http://img386.*************/img386/392/terencenewmanwallcopy9xs.jpg

My bad. We held them to 10 and not 13 like I predicted.

Get you some of this!

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
While Newman was shutting down and jacking up Santana Moss, did you guys see him jack Portis up tonight? He jacked him up. After that, Portis was done. #41 made some great hits out there. He jacked up Moss, too.

That's 2. Two times Newman has been given the assignment to cover Moss all over the field, and two times, he has shut him down!

Terence Newman has been given four opportunites at Steve Smith and Santana Moss (2 on Moss and 2 on Steve Smith). He took both of them all over the field and shut them down.

Who else has done it? #41 has done it, and he has done it on national television 3 out of the 4 times.

Terence Newman is and has been an elite player, and he has been one since the day he walked onto the field in 2003.

TEUFELI

Reaction score
jcr;2424655 said:
I don't understand all the hate for James all the time. Dude is usually in every play, he's not the best ILB, but we can do a lot worst. He lead the team in tackles again btw. Canty and Spreas arent sack machines but they hold their ground. You can't have pro bowlers at every position, not enough money.

James is bad...hence the hate. Simple as that.

lyrclcipha12

Reaction score
Is Henry really going to be benched next week? If starting ellis over spencer tells me anything it's that Henry will be starting next week over pacman, jenkins, and scandrick.

proline

Reaction score
Nice to see us put Newman on their best receiver instead of having him stay on one side all of the time.

Also, Killah Keith had a pretty good game.

proline

Reaction score
Anyone want to put a "Welcome Back, Newman!" highlights video together? Would be pretty cool to see ....