Newman!! is back!! henry benched!!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;2424177 said:
henry had a hamstring issue that is why he came out

he's probably the one starter we have I actually am not disappointed to see get hurt

Eskimo

Reaction score
theogt;2424200 said:
Can we put a guy on IR with a hamstring issue?

I'm pretty sure it is at our discretion. If Jones did it, it would take away Wade's ability to put him on the field and make us much stronger on D. Addition by subtraction.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Hostile;2423696 said:
Prediction: Pacman will be reinstated Tuesday.

If so, i hope they don't give him a starting role when he returns. That will send a bad message to the team. Let him sit, return some punts, and then maybe gradually work him in, especially if Jenkins or Scandrick struggle.

kmd24

Reaction score
Shotgun Dave;2424162 said:
Roy and Henry, for sure. Maybe with James (he was 5 seconds late to the TD pass on him tonight, by the way) and Spears.

The coverage on the TD pass was blown by Hamlin, who fell down.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2424092 said:
He wasn't all that. Besides, he's been gone four weeks in addition to the year he missed.

So we trust this guy again and then he screws up again.

I say we cut our losses. He can't be trusted, and we can't be held hostage to him.
I agree he wasn't all that, but one thing is fir sure: he is better than Henry. If he messes up again, then he is probably out of the league. But if he continues to grow into his potential and stays out of trouble, then we will have yet another play-making CB. You can never have enough. Plus he is only 24 if I recall correctly. He could be an asset for years to come.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Eskimo;2424217 said:
I'm pretty sure it is at our discretion. If Jones did it, it would take away Wade's ability to put him on the field and make us much stronger on D. Addition by subtraction.
Of course we can. It was a rhetorical question. It would be Wade's decision.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
dbair1967;2424196 said:
he's probably the one starter we have I actually am not disappointed to see get hurt
I don't know why he was starting to begin with.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well I think they can afford to finally show some darn faith in Jenkins and Scandrick and not worry so much about getting Henry on the field. With a healthy Newman back we're going to be fine in the secondary.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Scandrick also plays a big part. He's played the slot so well that the Cowboys trust him enough to handle it and free up Newman to shadow Moss.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2424263 said:
Scandrick also plays a big part. He's played the slot so well that the Cowboys trust him enough to handle it and free up Newman to shadow Moss.
He looks so much like a young Tnew.

Reaction score
Newman had a tremendous game tonight! I'm proud of him that's for sure, he's the leader of the secondary in my opinion...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
what I really like about Scandrick is how he tackles, perfect form, he breaks down and goes for the lower body

Frozen700

Reaction score
Jenkins is a baller 2...but yea....i like Scandrick..does look like a young T-New

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2424348 said:
Jenkins is a baller 2...but yea....i like Scandrick..does look like a young T-New
Jenkins is frustrating at best.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Henry and Procter on the bench? I love starting the week on a high note.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
theogt;2424351 said:
Jenkins is frustrating at best.
I thought he made some great plays at key moments tonight. He did give up 2 catches when playing soft zone (I could be wrong but thats what it looked like to me) but he also had two pass breakups....and again, he played much better than Henry out there.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2424381 said:
you can't deny the ability though
I just don't know if he has football instincts. Just doesn't seem that bright to me.