Newman is Just Flawless!!

Aikbach

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1132893 said:
Deion never had to tackle much but when he had to he would bring his man down.
No sir, i vividly remember him shying away from contact, Ernie Mills and Bam Morris embarassed him in the Super Bowl. He would always dive for the legs intsead of wrapping up and putting his head in the breadbasket. Once he slowed down his last year in dallas teams ran at him like he was an old man.

AtlCB

Reaction score
Nav22;1132849 said:
He got away with a PI on Keyshawn Sunday night... the deep ball where he had his back completely turned and just tried to distract Keyshawn. Could've been a game-changer.

But yeah, Newman's still the man. Seriously.
Newman didn't interfere with Keyshawn. He didn't lay a hand on him or impede his progress. Keyshawn overran the route or Jake underthrew the ball.

If Newman would have looked for the ball, he would have had an easy interception.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1132887 said:
On the long pass that should have been PI except for his Butt!

Newman never made contact on the play and the reason no face guarding was called is because you throw 1 hand up you just can't throw both of them up. Newman knew that and that was the reason he went up with only the 1 arm. Newman did get beat on the play he was expecting the short throw to Key and I think he knew if Key went deep that he had time to recover. After all Newman has worked against Keyshawn a lot seeing how they practiced against each other.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
AtlCB;1132905 said:
Newman didn't interfere with Keyshawn. He didn't lay a hand on him or impede his progress. Keyshawn overran the route or Jake underthrew the ball.

If Newman would have looked for the ball, he would have had an easy interception.

It's called face guarding Even Madden said it should have been PI and he's right.

Aikbach

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1132896 said:
Newman couldn't hold Deion's Jock.
Deion was good but he was a declining player after his first two years in Dallas. He was not the catalyst many falsely presumed him to be, he played a brilliant poker game based on reputation and Dallas' defense profited from it.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1132887 said:
On the long pass that should have been PI except for his Butt!

You mean the pass that Newman successfully defended? The one that by every NFL rule, wasn't PI?

Ummm...ok. :confused:

Troy Smith = Webster http://i85.***BLOCKED***/albums/k68/thompson75/gary_microphone.gif

:D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1132909 said:
Newman never made contact on the play and the reason no face guarding was called is because you throw 1 hand up you just can't throw both of them up. Newman knew that and that was the reason he went up with only the 1 arm. Newman did get beat on the play he was expecting the short throw to Key and I think he knew if Key went deep that he had time to recover. After all Newman has worked against Keyshawn a lot seeing how they practiced against each other.

Madden didn't see it that way and neither did I. It was PI. I'm glad it wasn't called...But if that had been a play against the Cowboys...I'm sure people here would have seen it differently.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1132910 said:
It's called face guarding Even Madden said it should have been PI and he's right.

No, he's not. There is no such rule in the NFL. This has been discussed...so there.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1132909 said:

exactly....face guarding is with both hands

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1132918 said:
Madden didn't see it that way and neither did I. It was PI. I'm glad it wasn't called...But if that had been a play against the Cowboys...I'm sure people here would have seen it differently.

No, they wouldn't. Face guarding doesn't exist except in high school. How could you expect a flag when no rule was broken?

And of course Newman isn't flawless... He's just one of the best cover corners playing today.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Aikbach;1132903 said:
No sir, i vividly remember him shying away from contact, Ernie Mills and Bam Morris embarassed him in the Super Bowl. He would always dive for the legs intsead of wrapping up and putting his head in the breadbasket. Once he slowed down his last year in dallas teams ran at him like he was an old man.

I said he would bring the guy down I never said he would come up and stick people. See the object was not knocking the snot out of a guy it was to get him on the ground. In the meantime Deion Sanders could cover any WR in the NFL and he scared the crud out of QB to the point they would not go after him and many times they did the QB paid for it because once sanders had the ball in his hand he was more than capable of taking it the distance. You don't have to like Sanders but to deny his ability is silly. In the 40 some odd years of watching Pro Football I have never seen a guy with the ability of Deion Sanders.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
tomson75;1132917 said:
You mean the pass that Newman successfully defended? The one that by every NFL rule, wasn't PI?

Ummm...ok. :confused:

Troy Smith = Webster http://i85.***BLOCKED***/albums/k68/thompson75/gary_microphone.gif

:D

You missed this one!:D

11-19-02snoop.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1132927 said:
No, they wouldn't. Face guarding doesn't exist except in high school. How could you expect a flag when no rule was broken?

And of course Newman isn't flawless... He's just one of the best cover corners playing today.

Face guarding does exsist in the Pros it does not exsist in college but by Pro Rules you can have 1 hand up but 2 and not looking back will cost you

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1132932 said:
You missed this one!

11-19-02snoop.jpg

Great, so if we draft Troy Smith we not only need to worry about booster seats AND him passin' the blunt? :eek:

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1132939 said:
Face guarding does exsist in the Pros it does not exsist in college but by Pro Rules you can have 1 hand up but 2 and not looking back will cost you

Thank You!

Two hand's would make sense.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1132928 said:
I said he would bring the guy down I never said he would come up and stick people. See the object was not knocking the snot out of a guy it was to get him on the ground. In the meantime Deion Sanders could cover any WR in the NFL and he scared the crud out of QB to the point they would not go after him and many times they did the QB paid for it because once sanders had the ball in his hand he was more than capable of taking it the distance. You don't have to like Sanders but to deny his ability is silly. In the 40 some odd years of watching Pro Football I have never seen a guy with the ability of Deion Sanders.
You've misunderstood me, a player can still be dominant in a set of skills but over-rated overall. He did his job well, but Newman can "stick" people and Newman can take away most any receiver he just isn't flashy or flamboyant or egotistical. Sanders was a good player, more so before he arrived in Dallas then after however, chinks in his armor were discovered while he was in Cowboy uniform and running right at him was a challenge he usually lost.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1132939 said:

Got a link?

There was a thread discussing this yesterday that ended with a "not an NFL rule" verdict.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
tomson75;1132942 said:
Great, so if we draft Troy Smith we not only need to worry about booster seats AND him passin' the blunt? :eek:

And he'll still be better than Quinn!