Newman is Just Flawless!!

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
tomson75;1132952 said:
Got a link?

There was a thread discussing this yesterday that ended with a "not an NFL rule" verdict.

What maybe you're wrong? Like you are on Smith!:D

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Newman is great, I was more pissed at Henry getting constantly beat by a slow WR like Key.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Aikbach;1132951 said:
You've misunderstood me, a player can still be dominant in a set of skills but over-rated overall. He did his job well, but Newman can "stick" people and Newman can take away most any receiver he just isn't flashy or flamboyant or egotistical. Sanders was a good player, more so before he arrived in Dallas then after however, chinks in his armor were discovered while he was in Cowboy uniform and running right at him was a challenge he usually lost.

He lost? He would bring the guy down that is what matter not how hard you hit the guy. I love having Newman I think he is a very good CB but I have not seen 1 CB like Sanders who could bait the QB into thinking the WR was wide-open only to have Sanders jump in front and take it the distance. Deion Personality of being flashy, flamboyant and egotistical I will not deny that he was all of those things as was Irvin and while they did talk the talk they walked the walk as well. When Deion injured his toe that did hurt him because it caused him to lose his best assest his speed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
tomson75;1132952 said:
Got a link?

There was a thread discussing this yesterday that ended with a "not an NFL rule" verdict.

I'll see if I can find one. I have seen in called against Dallas in recent years I know the announcers were talking about it this past weekend in a college game and made clear that in college no face guarding existed but it did in the NFL. However I see if I can find a link so we will all know for sure

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1133000 said:
I'll see if I can find one. I have seen in called against Dallas in recent years I know the announcers were talking about it this past weekend in a college game and made clear that in college no face guarding existed but it did in the NFL. However I see if I can find a link so we will all know for sure
Nobody reads my posts. :( ;)

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
tomson75;1132974 said:
:bow:

Well there ya go! Seems Newman didn't "get beat" after all....

He got beat.. watch the play for God's sakes he wouldn't have had to run like a mad man and then jump ridiculously if he wasn't.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1133004 said:
He got beat.. watch the play for God's sakes he wouldn't have had to run like a mad man and then jump ridiculously if he wasn't.

The fact is he was not beat or Key would have had a catch for a big gain.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1132989 said:
He lost? He would bring the guy down that is what matter not how hard you hit the guy. I love having Newman I think he is a very good CB but I have not seen 1 CB like Sanders who could bait the QB into thinking the WR was wide-open only to have Sanders jump in front and take it the distance. Deion Personality of being flashy, flamboyant and egotistical I will not deny that he was all of those things as was Irvin and while they did talk the talk they walked the walk as well. When Deion injured his toe that did hurt him because it caused him to lose his best assest his speed.
Third and short, run outside on Deion ansd Deion would take his legs out after a five yard gain.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1133004 said:

But he didn't. He was indeed behind the receiver, but he got in between him and the ball and made the play...even if it was with his arse!

It did, however, look ridiculous.

Now if only Watkins can learn the arse defense technique...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Aikbach;1133015 said:
Third and short, run outside on Deion ansd Deion would take his legs out after a five yard gain.

And? Newman has allowed RB to pick up yardage in those situation as well.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1133003 said:
Nobody reads my posts. :( ;)

No, people read your posts, they just don't understand them because they consist of polysyllabic words and don't reek of abject homerism.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Jarv;1133014 said:
The fact is he was not beat or Key would have had a catch for a big gain.

BS balls are underthrown all the time. Ask T.O. About Bledsoe.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
tomson75;1133020 said:
But he didn't. He was indeed behind the receiver, but he got in between him and the ball and made the play...even if it was with his arse!

It did, however, look ridiculous.

Now if only Watkins can learn the arse defense technique...

He was Beat Period. And the ball was under thrown.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1133026 said:
And? Newman has allowed RB to pick up yardage in those situation as well.
I just never liked Deion against the run and I feel Newman is better at tackling, that is all I'm pointing out.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1133038 said:
He was Beat Period. And the ball was under thrown.

Are all of you Buckeyes this hard-headed? :bang2:

Fair enough. I can agree with that.