Newman is Just Flawless!!

baj1dallas

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1132918 said:
Madden didn't see it that way and neither did I. It was PI. I'm glad it wasn't called...But if that had been a play against the Cowboys...I'm sure people here would have seen it differently.

I wouldn't have. I didn't see any reason to call it PI since there was no contact. That's generally something I would require for a flag to be thrown.

And I'm pretty sure Deion had at least a pass or two completed against him during his career.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1132873 said:
Newman's good...But he's no Deion...Nor will he ever be.

He should never be beat by Keyshawn.

My biggest disappointment in Newman is in punt returns...Again he's no Deion.

GET OUT!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1133038 said:
He was Beat Period. And the ball was under thrown.

Newman was "beat" because it was zone coverage. He let Keyshawn go and trailed behind him. Coleman was supposed to have coverage over the top, but he was late coming over. Watch the overhead camera angle -- Henry and Roy played it the same way on the other side of the field.

JPM

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1133078 said:
Newman was "beat" because it was zone coverage. He let Keyshawn go and trailed behind him. Coleman was supposed to have coverage over the top, but he was late coming over. Watch the overhead camera angle -- Henry and Roy played it the same way on the other side of the field.

Thank you !

Bizwah

Reaction score
Newman's got too much basketball player in him.

He "denies" the ball well. It's textbook. He has his hand facing outward, and he seems to tip the ball a lot. You can tell he's a guard and not a forward because he doesn't go up and snag the ball like a good rebounder....he seems to be content tapping the ball away.

Deion was a centerfielder....he knew how to go up and "catch" the ball.

I love Newman.....I just wish he'd have the confidence to just snag the ball.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1133179 said:
Maybe we should ask him how Chris Gamble did the other day. ;)

He did a great job on the INT...And I hated him for it!:D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1133078 said:

Agreed. Watched it on TIVO. I Take it back.

Frozen700

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1133078 said:

exactly....it was zone coverage....u people act like he was running step for step with Key...n key did a double move n broke his ankles...

nooo obviously newman let keyshawn get pass him..then saw delhome look over that way..n newman turned around n was probally like "where the hell is coleman?? holy ****"

TurtleTurds

Reaction score
i think hes real good ,but not in the pro bowl cause he doesnt make big picks returnd for TDs:cool: