News and draft rumours

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is anybody, who has actually watched him play for Miami, sold on Tua? I don't care what he did in college, he was extremely unimpressive last year while Justin Herbert - who was taken right after Tua - looked like the real deal.

The Dolphins are putting together a good team but you've gotta have a QB, and they've got two first round picks in the top 20.

:hammer:

And I can't help but to wonder about their move back up to #6. And there's even been talk of them wating to move up again into the top 10 though I'm not sure how valid that is.

I wasn't impressed with Tua last year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heard that Sewell might slide. Technique not that good. Just a big body who uses his size. Played in PAC 12 and saw very few good pass rushers. Not a generational talent or anything special, ceiling might be a good player.

Sewell is the best of the OTs this year but a weak class overall for OTs. Not a good year to be looking for an OT.

I think that's an attempted slight to get him to fall to the team saying it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know I'm a minority here but I'm not convinced if Pitts gets to Lions, Jerry won't go up and get him. Word is Lions and Cowboys have talked and if that's true it could only be for one player.....Pitts. Remember they used a top pick on the TE position just two years ago. Lions could move to 10 and take Parson, a player I've heard/read they like a lot. Not saying I agree, just wouldn't surprise me to see it happen.

Wouldn't surprise me either, but upset me? Yes.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Is anybody, who has actually watched him play for Miami, sold on Tua? I don't care what he did in college, he was extremely unimpressive last year while Justin Herbert - who was taken right after Tua - looked like the real deal.

The Dolphins are putting together a good team but you've gotta have a QB, and they've got two first round picks in the top 20.

I'm a fan.. He was lucky to play a down last season.

Sydla

Reaction score
If Pitts is still sitting there at #6 I think it makes too much sense for the Phins to take him to help their young QB out.

I could see that although they appear to be high on Gesicki (granted he's no Pitts). I could see Chase too. The Dolphins have a lot of bodies at WR and some talent but there are some real questions. They added Will Fuller, who when healthy, can be really good but it's always a question as to whether he can stay healthy.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Ive only seen from Cowboys media. Not saying its not true, but I havent seen that from the Philly or national side.

La Canfora said he he heard if they trade up, Pitss or a QB is the target
You cannot rule out the Eagles taking a corner either at 12 or a trade up.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You cannot rule out the Eagles taking a corner either at 12 or a trade up.
I wouldn't rule it out. I think 12 would most like be a CB or a Bama WR. I think Darrisaw should be in there as well. If they really lock onto a guy, I can see them agressive. Even if they move close to where they were originally slotted. They have the assets. Moving down was all about getting a future #1. Roseman said they valued that

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I could see that although they appear to be high on Gesicki (granted he's no Pitts). I could see Chase too. The Dolphins have a lot of bodies at WR and some talent but there are some real questions. They added Will Fuller, who when healthy, can be really good but it's always a question as to whether he can stay healthy.
Parker has been coming on the last couple of years, but he is no hoss. I think he is a much better player with a guy like Chase being the main option. In 3 WR sets Fuller would be able to do alot of damage.

I think Chase could have a Stefon Diggs effect immediately on their passing game, just by moving decent players down a tier.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Their head coach (Flores) is from New England and witnessed the success the Pats had running a two TE offense.

Again, this is about helping a young QB by pairing up two huge targets (Pitts and Giesecki) and allowing him to work the short and intermediate reads. Parker is starter caliber that had a breakout season u set Fitzpatrick. Fuller will help bring the deep threat deminsion.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I wouldn't rule it out. I think 12 would most like be a CB or a Bama WR. I think Darrisaw should be in there as well. If they really lock onto a guy, I can see them agressive. Even if they move close to where they were originally slotted. They have the assets. Moving down was all about getting a future #1. Roseman said they valued that
They were talking about this on sports radio that they can see the Eagles moving up to get ahead of the Cowboys to get a CB that they want.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Heard that Sewell might slide. Technique not that good. Just a big body who uses his size. Played in PAC 12 and saw very few good pass rushers. Not a generational talent or anything special, ceiling might be a good player.

Sewell is the best of the OTs this year but a weak class overall for OTs. Not a good year to be looking for an OT.

where did you hear this?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score

morasp

Reaction score

I've been saying that for weeks

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
That's an article about how all the anonymous opinions that come out around this time are garbage and should be ignored.

I know but some of those things being said have me questioning him. What future pass rushing pro did he dominate? Does he have good form or does he just rely on his big body and get lazy with technique? That won’t work in the pros, just having a big body. Only 19 years old on last tape.

We’ll see.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Profootballtalk

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ne-last-run-at-sparking-a-penei-sewell-slide/

I was high on him hearing everyone raving. Some red flags maybe. Only 19 years old on his last tape. Short arms, technique issues, PAC 12 subpar DL competition, etc.

I think I’d pass on him. Maybe trade down if someone wants him.

Unnamed Scout. OK, I see what's up here. This is somebody trying to get him to slide IMO. I watched this guy play and I saw a 19 year old kid that was playing circles around Ogden, Thomas or Walter at similar developmental stages. I would take this kid over anybody in this draft but that's just my opinion.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Unnamed Scout. OK, I see what's up here. This is somebody trying to get him to slide IMO. I watched this guy play and I saw a 19 year old kid that was playing circles around Ogden, Thomas or Walter at similar developmental stages. I would take this kid over anybody in this draft but that's just my opinion.

We are going to find out very soon. Did you see him dominate any future NFL talent pass rushers?