NewyScruggs: Giants GM Takes Shot At Cowboys

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News brings us this nugget in his weekly column.

Giants general manager Jerry Resse takes a shot at the Dallas Cowboys 13 Pro Bowl players saying:

“The team is the face of the New York Giants,” GM Jerry Reese said. “That’s who we are. That’s what we took out of last year. If you play as a team, you go places. Play as individuals and you make it to the first round of the playoffs, then get knocked out. That’s just the way it is. Teams get through the ups and downs and the adversity of a long season.”

This is a clear shot at the Cowboys. They meet November 2 at the Meadowlands and December 14 at Texas Stadium on NBC.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Were they not playing as a team when they played us twice, Green Bay and the Patriots during the regular season?

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Huh, I always thought this was the face of the NY Giants.

manning.jpg

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I am a quick trigger guy with this stuff, but actually I dont see that as a shot at anyone.

The teams that win usually have a number of units and players that played extremely well. Its not rocket science.

Oh well.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
theebs;2190316 said:
I am a quick trigger guy with this stuff, but actually I dont see that as a shot at anyone.

The teams that win usually have a number of units and players that played extremely well. Its not rocket science.

Oh well.

:hammer:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
case in point. They are talking about their own teams image.

NFC East watch
Speaking of the Giants, Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey and Michael Strahan are all gone. They had served as the faces – and mouths – of the New York Giants this decade. Now Giants QB Eli Manning adorns the cover of the NFL Record and Fact book, an honor annually bestowed upon the Super Bowl MVP. But it's not in Manning's character to be the face of anything. The new face of the Giants is, well, it's not a singular face.

"The team is the face of the New York Giants," GM Jerry Reese said. "That's who we are. That's what we took out of last year. If you play as a team, you go places. Play as individuals and you make it to the first round of the playoffs, then get knocked out. That's just the way it is. Teams get through the ups and downs and the adversity of a long season."

The Giants won the Super Bowl without their all-time leading rusher Barber, who retired after the 2006 season, and their Pro Bowl tight end Shockey, who finished the 2007 season on injured reserve. An aging Strahan played in a supporting role last season with Pro Bowl DE Osi Umenyiora the dominating force on a top 10 defense. Strahan retired after winning his first Super Bowl ring. So the Giants are faceless this summer, by choice.

"This team would have taken the names off the back of their jerseys if they could," Giants coach Tom Coughlin said.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2190312 said:
Huh, I always thought this was the face of the NY Giants.

manning.jpg

:laugh2:

I never get tired of that picture.

It's almost right up there with the shot of Quincy stumbling through the parking lot after being waived.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2190325 said:
case in point. They are talking about their own teams image.

NFC East watch
Speaking of the Giants, Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey and Michael Strahan are all gone. They had served as the faces – and mouths – of the New York Giants this decade. Now Giants QB Eli Manning adorns the cover of the NFL Record and Fact book, an honor annually bestowed upon the Super Bowl MVP. But it's not in Manning's character to be the face of anything. The new face of the Giants is, well, it's not a singular face.

"The team is the face of the New York Giants," GM Jerry Reese said. "That's who we are. That's what we took out of last year. If you play as a team, you go places. Play as individuals and you make it to the first round of the playoffs, then get knocked out. That's just the way it is. Teams get through the ups and downs and the adversity of a long season."

The Giants won the Super Bowl without their all-time leading rusher Barber, who retired after the 2006 season, and their Pro Bowl tight end Shockey, who finished the 2007 season on injured reserve. An aging Strahan played in a supporting role last season with Pro Bowl DE Osi Umenyiora the dominating force on a top 10 defense. Strahan retired after winning his first Super Bowl ring. So the Giants are faceless this summer, by choice.

"This team would have taken the names off the back of their jerseys if they could," Giants coach Tom Coughlin said.
We've been mediasensationalizationpwn3d!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2190305 said:
Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News brings us this nugget in his weekly column.

Giants general manager Jerry Resse takes a shot at the Dallas Cowboys 13 Pro Bowl players saying:

“The team is the face of the New York Giants,” GM Jerry Reese said. “That’s who we are. That’s what we took out of last year. If you play as a team, you go places. Play as individuals and you make it to the first round of the playoffs, then get knocked out. That’s just the way it is. Teams get through the ups and downs and the adversity of a long season.”

This is a clear shot at the Cowboys. They meet November 2 at the Meadowlands and December 14 at Texas Stadium on NBC.

I hate to agree with him but his is right. Football is the ultimate team sports not an individual sport and while we have some great players we have to do better playing as a team. Teams win championships in team sports not individuals

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
didn't we play in the second round? or does the wild card not "count" as a round?

Wood

Reaction score
its not a shot....its reality. Dallas was great individually but not so great as a Team toward the end...and thus the early playoff exit.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Im so sick of the Giants taking shots at us. thats what happens when you lose to a bunch of big mouths. losing that game still makes me sick.thats why i want no stone unturned to destroy those punks this year.

visionary

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2190378 said:
Is that you, Wade??

no this is me

"13 and 3"..... "13 and 3"

I didnt even know the playoffs had 2 rounds, I thought they ended after round one.

ducking :D

FCBarca

Reaction score
You guys with 'looking for bulletin board' material are funny...Best way to skirt the banter is to win...Beat the Giants or anyone else when it matters and then let them take as many shots as they want...Otherwise, who cares what the Giants GM or anyone else has to say.

It's juvenile :rolleyes: