NewyScruggs: Giants GM Takes Shot At Cowboys

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
As if saying if the Giants had lost that game, it's because they weren't a team, or saying if the Cowboys advance, it's because they played as a team. Not much difference in one win.

Give me a break.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am surprised some can walk...they are so sensitive it must kill their feet to walk. :laugh2:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn't mention Dallas and I'm not sure that it was even a veiled insult. I do wish the Giants would shut up, though, with their lightning-in-a-bottle selves. They can't sneak up on anyone this year and they are no where near the best team in the league. Let them talk now, then get their arses handed to them throughout the season. Repeating is harder than winning in the first place, especially when winning had as much to do with your opponents performance as it did your own.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2190430 said:
He didn't mention Dallas and I'm not sure that it was even a veiled insult. I do wish the Giants would shut up, though, with their lightning-in-a-bottle selves. They can't sneak up on anyone this year and they are no where near the best team in the league. Let them talk now, then get their arses handed to them throughout the season. Repeating is harder than winning in the first place, especially when winning had as much to do with your opponents performance as it did your own.

Come on if it was Dallas our guys would be talking the talk as well as us fans. To the victor goes the spoils they earned the right to talk. I just hope at the end of this season it will be our guys with the last word. Bottom line is the Giants had to go on the road as underdogs and won all 3 playoff games then faced a heavy favorite in the undefeated Pats and pull off the shocker. I’m no fan of the Giants but if a team deserved the right to crow about their team it is the Giants.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
It was a shot by a Giants Official, a very high ranking official, but the thing is the games have to be played, they the Champs so they have the right to beat their chest, but like I said the games will be played.

DominantD

Reaction score
My response to the Giants:

And, our team is the face of all of America because we're America's team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DCBoysfan;2190450 said:
It was a shot by a Giants Official, a very high ranking official, but the thing is the games have to be played, they the Champs so they have the right to beat their chest, but like I said the games will be played.

As Jimmy would say if you are going to talk the talk then you have to walk the walk. Giants walked into the SB and won it they have a legit reason to talk.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
superpunk;2190438 said:
This was a clear shot at the Buccaneers.

lol that picture is hillarious.

I watched that stupid show every saturday morning when I was in the 7th grade.

I still love tiffany amber thiessen to this day. If only she loved me back.

superpunk

Reaction score
theebs;2190475 said:
lol that picture is hillarious.

I watched that stupid show every saturday morning when I was in the 7th grade.

I still love tiffany amber thiessen to this day. If only she loved me back.
I'd like to thank you for making me google image search Tiffany Amber Thiessen today.

giggity...

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2190439 said:
Come on if it was Dallas our guys would be talking the talk as well as us fans. To the victor goes the spoils they earned the right to talk. I just hope at the end of this season it will be our guys with the last word. Bottom line is the Giants had to go on the road as underdogs and won all 3 playoff games then faced a heavy favorite in the undefeated Pats and pull off the shocker. I’m no fan of the Giants but if a team deserved the right to crow about their team it is the Giants.

Crowing is classless. What this guy said isn't so bad, but the Giants were notorious for talking trash looooong before they won the SB. You have to factor that into the equation. And if a Cowboy talks trash, he is just as classless.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2190504 said:
Crowing is classless. What this guy said isn't so bad, but the Giants were notorious for talking trash looooong before they won the SB. You have to factor that into the equation. And if a Cowboy talks trash, he is just as classless.

I never thought of Irvin as classless and according to teammates and opponents alike Irvin was a big time trash talker. I don’t care of guy’s talk I do expect that if you are going to talk you better be able to back it up.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Uh oh. Better hope this kid isn't the real deal.

JINTS GUSH OVER ROOK

By PAUL SCHWARTZ
NY POST

August 13, 2008

ALBANY - They're not even trying any more.

The tempered enthusiasm the Giants New York Giants ' coaching staff tried to express about rookie safety Kenny Phillips no longer is an option. The typical rhetoric used on a first-round draft pick applies no more. Once Phillips stepped on the field for his first preseason game, forget it.

Ditch the cautious optimism. Cue the gushing.

"Whenever I'm looking, I see definitely a special player," said David Merritt, the secondary coach specializing in safeties.

"This kid is going to be a special one. Kenny athletically is without a doubt one of the best ones I personally have seen. The kid has unbelievable range, he can get from the middle of the field to the sideline just like that.

"It's amazing, I talked to some of my buddies around the league, a lot of these guys wanted to pull the trigger on him and I thought he would be gone.

"For Kenny Phillips to fall to us the way he fell to us was like a Christmas present."

Well, is that all?

Rarely do assistants speak this way, but even coach Tom Coughlin cannot hide his extreme delight with the way the rookie from Miami has burst onto the scene. His new teammates are similarly impressed.

Just the other day, Plaxico Burress Plaxico Burress admitted to Merritt, "I hate seeing guys like Kenny back there in the middle post because they're so fast and so rangy."

The only one around the Super Bowl champions not gaga over Phillips is Phillips himself.

"I was told by a lot of people that the NFL [adjustment] is easier than college. I think that's true," Phillips said.

"Coming from Miami, all of the veteran guys come back and tell us what to expect. They tell us what made them successful, and what we should look for at the next level. Just basically, 'Football is football.' Guys are big and fast, but I'm big and fast too."

To watch Phillips on the field is to see a gazelle in full stride, but packing wallop. Phillips is 6-foot-2 and seems to be all legs. He's taken some good-natured ribbing for hitting too hard during practice but he was able to let loose in the preseason opener in Detroit.

Phillips had eight tackles playing in the second half.

"This whole camp, they've been telling me lay off guys," Phillips said. "It's been kind of, I don't want to say depressing, but not to finish a play, that's not like me. It felt pretty good to finally be able to let go."

Once again yesterday, Phillips was mixed in with the starting defense. He remains behind second-year Michael Johnson Michael Johnson at free safety on the depth chart but that's a mere formality based on Johnson's status as a returning player. When Phillips is deemed ready, he's the starter - and that anointment is not far off.

The regular-season opener is 23 days away, more than enough time for Phillips.

"He has some time, and if he's in there that's great," Merritt said. "If he's not, hopefully soon thereafter Kenny can break into the lineup. Right now he's still the backup. We have not given him a crown and said, 'Hey, you're the starter now, lead us.' He's still a rookie, he's a backup."

Not for long.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2190305 said:
Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News brings us this nugget in his weekly column.

Giants general manager Jerry Resse takes a shot at the Dallas Cowboys 13 Pro Bowl players saying:

“The team is the face of the New York Giants,” GM Jerry Reese said. “That’s who we are. That’s what we took out of last year. If you play as a team, you go places. Play as individuals and you make it to the first round of the playoffs, then get knocked out. That’s just the way it is. Teams get through the ups and downs and the adversity of a long season.”

This is a clear shot at the Cowboys. They meet November 2 at the Meadowlands and December 14 at Texas Stadium on NBC.

they are the biggest fluke in Modern NFL History...

easy to take shots now when they played us with arguably our two best (and most important) players at far less than 100%...and despite that, they barely won the game even though they had a tremendous amount of help from the 3rd team on the field that day

David

FCBarca

Reaction score
bbgun;2190511 said:
Uh oh. Better hope this kid isn't the real deal.

JINTS GUSH OVER ROOK

By PAUL SCHWARTZ
NY POST

August 13, 2008

ALBANY - They're not even trying any more.

The tempered enthusiasm the Giants New York Giants ' coaching staff tried to express about rookie safety Kenny Phillips no longer is an option. The typical rhetoric used on a first-round draft pick applies no more. Once Phillips stepped on the field for his first preseason game, forget it.

Ditch the cautious optimism. Cue the gushing.

"Whenever I'm looking, I see definitely a special player," said David Merritt, the secondary coach specializing in safeties.

"This kid is going to be a special one. Kenny athletically is without a doubt one of the best ones I personally have seen. The kid has unbelievable range, he can get from the middle of the field to the sideline just like that.

"It's amazing, I talked to some of my buddies around the league, a lot of these guys wanted to pull the trigger on him and I thought he would be gone.

"For Kenny Phillips to fall to us the way he fell to us was like a Christmas present."

Well, is that all?

Rarely do assistants speak this way, but even coach Tom Coughlin cannot hide his extreme delight with the way the rookie from Miami has burst onto the scene. His new teammates are similarly impressed.

Just the other day, Plaxico Burress Plaxico Burress admitted to Merritt, "I hate seeing guys like Kenny back there in the middle post because they're so fast and so rangy."

The only one around the Super Bowl champions not gaga over Phillips is Phillips himself.

"I was told by a lot of people that the NFL [adjustment] is easier than college. I think that's true," Phillips said.

"Coming from Miami, all of the veteran guys come back and tell us what to expect. They tell us what made them successful, and what we should look for at the next level. Just basically, 'Football is football.' Guys are big and fast, but I'm big and fast too."

To watch Phillips on the field is to see a gazelle in full stride, but packing wallop. Phillips is 6-foot-2 and seems to be all legs. He's taken some good-natured ribbing for hitting too hard during practice but he was able to let loose in the preseason opener in Detroit.

Phillips had eight tackles playing in the second half.

"This whole camp, they've been telling me lay off guys," Phillips said. "It's been kind of, I don't want to say depressing, but not to finish a play, that's not like me. It felt pretty good to finally be able to let go."

Once again yesterday, Phillips was mixed in with the starting defense. He remains behind second-year Michael Johnson Michael Johnson at free safety on the depth chart but that's a mere formality based on Johnson's status as a returning player. When Phillips is deemed ready, he's the starter - and that anointment is not far off.

The regular-season opener is 23 days away, more than enough time for Phillips.

"He has some time, and if he's in there that's great," Merritt said. "If he's not, hopefully soon thereafter Kenny can break into the lineup. Right now he's still the backup. We have not given him a crown and said, 'Hey, you're the starter now, lead us.' He's still a rookie, he's a backup."

Not for long.

Yeah, I had been keeping an eye on rooks that are making impressions around the league and I was a bit disappointed to read that Phillips is impressing with NY...They seem to be pretty high on him :mad:

Reaction score
I don't believe that was a shot at anyone honestly, this guy must have REALLY needed something to write about. I think his statement rings true, if you play as a team the sky is the limit.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
theebs;2190316 said:
I am a quick trigger guy with this stuff, but actually I dont see that as a shot at anyone.
The teams that win usually have a number of units and players that played extremely well. Its not rocket science.

Oh well.

Me either.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
dbair1967;2190533 said:
they are the biggest fluke in Modern NFL History...

easy to take shots now when they played us with arguably our two best (and most important) players at far less than 100%...and despite that, they barely won the game even though they had a tremendous amount of help from the 3rd team on the field that day

David

dude. How can you take anything away from what they accomplished. there are no buts. they did it. they won. Plain and simple.

its not how much its just how.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
FCBarca;2190544 said:
Yeah, I had been keeping an eye on rooks that are making impressions around the league and I was a bit disappointed to read that Phillips is impressing with NY...They seem to be pretty high on him :mad:

I tried to tell anyone that would listen that he is going to be the shiznittle bang when he got into the league.

He is the most physically gifted safety I think there has ever been and its looking like he may translate it to the NFL.... Crap....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;2190558 said:
dude. How can you take anything away from what they accomplished. there are no buts. they did it. they won. Plain and simple.

its not how much its just how.

sure they won...they barely won each of those last 3 games...they did it on the road in the NFC so they deserve some credit, but the fact is they barely outscored their opponents for the entire season and almost assuredly had the worst point differential ever for a championship team...other than Tampa Bay, they could have easily lost any of those other 3 postseason game

like I said, they were a fluke...they were far from the best team in football last year...the only team that I can think of thats anywhere close to the fluke they were would be the 87 Commanders

David