NewyScruggs: Giants GM Takes Shot At Cowboys

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
FCBarca;2190648 said:
you could 'feel' we weren't going to come out on top once we got to half time...That last Giant drive really took the sails out, they reduced the number of possessions and gave themselves the best chance to win as Dallas gambled on ball control with Barber running the ball so much...It was a calculated risk and it ulimately may have doomed them in that game.

COMPLETELY disagree. At halftime you felt we couldnt win the game?? Wow. Not me.

dbair1967;2190653 said:
The Stealers stole the Super Bowl from Seattle, but statisically they were far better team than the Giants were during the regular season...I think only the 87 Commanders (2nd strike season, where scabs played 3 games) were worse than that Giants team that won last yr

David

Agreed. The Seahawks got jobbed BIG TIME. I still cant believe that happened.

If you want to go stat for stat with Giants and Steelers team thats fine. I was comparing it in that detailed manner.

The Giants were a team that could have easily beat us all three times last year. ALL 3 games were that close.

FCBarca

Reaction score
YoMick;2190668 said:
COMPLETELY disagree. At halftime you felt we couldnt win the game?? Wow. Not me.

Actually, not what I said...I said I had the feeling we 'weren't' going to win, not couldn't...That halftime drive that saw them drive so quickly after having taken so long to go down and score previously made me realize that Dallas' strategy with the Barber ball control offense was playing right into the Giants' hands...Less possessions and it would give NY a better shot at coming out on top in a game Dallas had to have been prohibitive favorites in to win.

It wasn't so much that we were playing badly up until then but that we were taking so long to get down the field and then in turn letting the Giants score so easily/quickly...The game 'could've been' over had they been thwarted before the half, IMHO...Momentum really shifted after that, IMHO.

Just my take...I got this really uneasy feeling when they scored like that going into the half, it was the worst case scenario, for me

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
FCBarca;2190648 said:
That's a far cry from claiming they won as a fluke, however...Never claimed or credited them with being among the best ever, just that they deserve credit for winning

As for the penalties, that's your take on it but not mine...I have a propensity to blame officiating a lot in many sports but that game, you could 'feel' we weren't going to come out on top once we got to half time...That last Giant drive really took the sails out, they reduced the number of possessions and gave themselves the best chance to win as Dallas gambled on ball control with Barber running the ball so much...It was a calculated risk and it ulimately may have doomed them in that game.

And, frankly, this team has had issues with penalties as it is and never like blaming the officials when the Cowboys had plenty of chances to win that game...It is, as they say, what it is

you are correct. I was so excited in the 1st half. but after we gave up that td right before the half i knew we didn't want it as bad as they did.

Little Jr

Reaction score
FCBarca;2190696 said:
Actually, not what I said...I said I had the feeling we 'weren't' going to win, not couldn't...That halftime drive that saw them drive so quickly after having taken so long to go down and score previously made me realize that Dallas' strategy with the Barber ball control offense was playing right into the Giants' hands...Less possessions and it would give NY a better shot at coming out on top in a game Dallas had to have been prohibitive favorites in to win.

It wasn't so much that we were playing badly up until then but that we were taking so long to get down the field and then in turn letting the Giants score so easily/quickly...The game 'could've been' over had they been thwarted before the half, IMHO...Momentum really shifted after that, IMHO.

Just my take...I got this really uneasy feeling when they scored like that going into the half, it was the worst case scenario, for me

I actually think going away from the MBIII in the 4qt was what hurt us. We had the ball 3 times in the 4qt and was down by 4 and only ran the ball 4 times. Thats bad play calling. Similar thing happen in the Philly game. We abandoned the run and they teed of on Romo.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Tennione72;2190332 said:
Help me understand, how is this a shot at the Cowboys

Because if it was NOT a shot of the Cowboys, he would say something like "play as individuals and you won't make it to the playoffs."

He said "play as individuals and you make it to the first round, then get knocked out." Clearly a shot at the Cowboys.

I'm sure somebody already pointed this out, but I'm too lazy to read through five pages of posts. :LOL

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
YoMick;2190668 said:

FCBarca;2190696 said:
Actually, not what I said...I said I had the feeling we 'weren't' going to win, not couldn't...

Its mincing words a bit but ok.

FCBarca;2190696 said:

I hear ya... I just felt like there was too much game left. "Momentum" swings.

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2190312 said:
Huh, I always thought this was the face of the NY Giants.

manning.jpg

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: LMAO!!! So true, so true!