Next FA on your 'wish list'?

ultron

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are done in free agency - they like comp picks and don’t want to lose the 3,4,5, and 6 round picks they’ll get for Byron, Quinn, Cobb, and Maliek. They may have tipped their hand by showing interest in Safety Vonn Bell, so I could see them drafting Xavier McKinney (Alabama) with that 17th pick & CB-Arnette (Ohio state) with the 51st pick. If the CBs hold up - HaHa and McKinney could be a nice safety combo with one of the best front 7’s in football (Randy Gregory, DLaw, Poe, McCoy, Jaylon, Lee, LVE). The Cowboys have quietly built a very solid defense.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They seem content with Lewis, Chido, and Brown to me.

Safety, DE and WR have to be addressed.
Lewis shows some skills despite those short arms (SMH w the last staff)

Brown is a decent #3 or 4.

Awuzie is flat out awful. He cant cover, he can't tackle, has zero ball skills, and doesnt appear interested in as much of anything.

Typical Garrett ERA entitled paycheck collector and he cant be gone soon enough for me.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
im rewatching the seasons '16-'19 on game pass...i have to admit...im too hard on Anthony Brown.
he's got some talent...excited to see what this staff can get from him.
same with Awuzie and Lewis.
with those 3...we might be ok back there.
but i'd still draft a good'n...maybe 2.

As long as it isn't a reach in Taco fashion.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
definitely do not NEED a C..

Exactly right. We don't *need* another center. Depending on what they think of McGovern, Williams, and centers that pop up in the draft, it *might* make sense to take one. But it's not a need.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Agreed. I’d say TE is set now with Bell. Unless somebody falls to them. Similar to center..

I’d love a corner in round 1-2

I'd say we're more covered at TE than set. Much easier to upgrade behind Jarwin.

I can see them bringing in a TE. Maybe 2. But not high, as I think we'll want to see how Jarwin plays out. He'll be the Jeff Heath of the offense, the guy everyone is dying to replace with dreams of Gronk. GOAT!

The guy who needs competition is Schulz. And I expect Bell is just a veteran warm body on near to vet min who we *hope* to replace. IMO, both of those guys are completely expendable roster spots who could be easily upgraded, and likely one or both will be. It won't take much.

I wonder if Olawale plays into this. Assuming they actually have a purpose in mind with Olawale beyond warming the bench, *this time*, he seems like a FB/TE hybrid, while Jarwin was supposed to be a FB/TE hybrid (per his "Cowboy" role in college). Neither of these guys are inline TEs, but maybe we're just not doing much of that anymore. Another reason to think Schulz could get the boot this year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Beyond cooper and Gallup that is new York jets level bad

I think Smith has something, but I seem to be in the minority on that.

I hear Jerry has been thinking about doing something about our meh WR corps. In the shower.

Given the reports on the depth of the wr draft class, likely a pick too.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The mere thought of Griffen almost makes me salivate like a bulldog.:thumbup:
The very thought of paying for Griffen likely makes Stephen throw up. :grin:

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
1. Cut Crawford
2. Sign Everson Griffin
3. Sign Logan Ryan
4. Sign Taylor Gabriel

All needs are addressed. Cutting Crawford, we can afford all these guys. Then you can draft best available at 17.

5. Draft CJ Henderson, Klavon Chaisson or CeeDee Lamb. (Or Javon Kinlaw, but he’ll be gone.)

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
1. Cut Crawford
2. Sign Everson Griffin
3. Sign Logan Ryan
4. Sign Taylor Gabriel

All needs are addressed. Cutting Crawford, we can afford all these guys. Then you can draft best available at 17.

5. Draft CJ Henderson, Klavon Chaisson or CeeDee Lamb. (Or Javon Kinlaw, but he’ll be gone.)

You're not the only one but signing Logan Ryan makes no sense.

He's a slot corner, and two of our top 3 corners, Lewis and Brown, are best in the slot already. We need an outside corner.

starfan1

Reaction score
I think at this point we’re good in FA market is put my focus on getting younger and solid depth in draft I’d love to see us trade down in late 20s and pick up
Delphit or McKinney then CB and WR as they are both deep positions in draft of course If one of big 3 WR drop to 17 then all bets are off on that thought

nobody

Reaction score
Cornerback is the biggest need right now. Probably in the first round of the draft.

Usually CB's take a couple of seasons to get up to NFL speed though...so it's still most likely a need even if one is drafted.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
If I am going cheap:

A under-the-radar guy if Dallas is thinking of a more hybrid defense--Kamalei Correa. Still only 26 years-old had his best season with 5.0 sacks in limited playing time, oh and he played at Boise St so there's that.

At WR-Taylor Gabriel makes the most sense. Won't be expensive and fills the need inside at the slot.....though I prefer someone more versatile in general.

If going balls out:

Otherwise, I am shooting for the moon. Jadeveon Clowney. With TFred retiring and the Cowboys probably eating most of his dead cap this year, I am signing Dak, which will hopefully be structured in a way to save a few more million on this year's cap and pairing Clowney with DLaw. Now you can pretty much draft whomever you want at #17 and beyond because most of your holes are filled.

Rayman70

Reaction score
none. I think we done all we need to. Time to turn to the draft at this point.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If I am going cheap:

A under-the-radar guy if Dallas is thinking of a more hybrid defense--Kamalei Correa. Still only 26 years-old had his best season with 5.0 sacks in limited playing time, oh and he played at Boise St so there's that.

At WR-Taylor Gabriel makes the most sense. Won't be expensive and fills the need inside at the slot.....though I prefer someone more versatile in general.

If going balls out:

Otherwise, I am shooting for the moon. Jadeveon Clowney. With TFred retiring and the Cowboys probably eating most of his dead cap this year, I am signing Dak, which will hopefully be structured in a way to save a few more million on this year's cap and pairing Clowney with DLaw. Now you can pretty much draft whomever you want at #17 and beyond because most of your holes are filled.
I do like that player. He shined in the Titans playoff run. Worth MAYBE taking a look.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Exactly right. We don't *need* another center. Depending on what they think of McGovern, Williams, and centers that pop up in the draft, it *might* make sense to take one. But it's not a need.
in a draft where defense needs to be #1 priority in the first 3 rounds, then wr, and after that they might think swing Tackle ie tackle of the future say for RT because if TS suddenly is gone in 2021 or so , LC should kick over there and Tackle is far more important right now.. remember when TS is out a game or two, Fleming helped but now hes gone.. we dont need ATL 17 to happen..for me

round s 1-3 all defense and a WR , round 4 if Jhurts is there im taking him..we at minimum need a better backup to Dak whos a lot lie dak so the offense doesnt change and IF somehow we let dak walk via trade etc we have some options.. get Hurts a lot of time on the field as a THill type this season , adds a weapon, he can take some of the snaps cobb/Austin took and like Hill and Jackson year 1 you get your QB2 valuable snaps..
so 5-7 if a solid OL is their take him but really Swing tackle looks like a need more then C.. like we keep seeing its obvious McGivern and Looney will compete for C and if Looney wins then McGovern is battling Cwill for LG, the losers are the backup G/C and Redman for depth, we have that more then covered..

to me Looney is always the starter unless McGovern just kills it

Carson

Reaction score
Center will be between Looney/McGovern. Draft one only if he's an upgrade and can start.

I agree with that.

But there will be talent in the 3rd. I wouldn’t reach on the pick. But if a guy like Hennessy, Biasasz or Cushenberry are there they are my pick.