Next Week is for first place in the division

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Even if we beat the Eagles next week, our chances of getting the 1 seed are not good. Look at the final 4 games for SF and Philly compared to ours. They have a cakewalk relatively.

loublue22

Reaction score
Because it looked bleak to even have a chance to tie them a few weeks ago.

You keep talking about control our own destiny. After next week's game there are 4 games left. No one controls their own destiny. You don't know what can happen in those games but we have a chance and that's why it's a big deal. This is a week to week league. Saying next week's game means nothing is crazy.
"control your own destiny" in a sports context means one particular thing, which is that if you win all your games you reach the goal

So yes, unfortunately, they control their own destiny with a weak schedule even if we win next week.

mldardy

Reaction score
"control your own destiny" in a sports context means one particular thing, which is that if you win all your games you reach the goal

So yes, unfortunately, they control their own destiny with a weak schedule even if we win next week.
LOL at this guy trying to tell me what control your own destiny' means. Dude stop.

Saltycowboy

Reaction score
The game is important for the cowboys to show they can beat a top team but won’t mean much for overall considering the cowboys have a stiff schedule ahead while the eagles coast after Seattle.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
We would. If we win we would have a 4-1 division record vs. the Eagles 3-1
Congratulations to us lol we will have first place until Philly beats Seattle. We can win next week, and Philly still controls their own destiny.

JBS

Reaction score
It's called reality. Any team any week can lose.
This has nothing to do with anything. I’m not saying they can or cannot lose. I’m saying you aren’t in first if you need help. Period.

mldardy

Reaction score
Even if we beat the Eagles next week, our chances of getting the 1 seed are not good. Look at the final 4 games for SF and Philly compared to ours. They have a cakewalk relatively.
Me personally I don't care all that much about getting a 1 seed. I care about winning the division and getting as many home games as possible. If we get the one seed great but winning the division is more important to me.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Tie breaker is common opponents.
Never heard that one before - seems too complicated. My understanding is head to head is the first tiebreaker, of course, and then conference record is next.
Even if Cowboys win next week, Philly will be 6-2 and Cowboys would be 7-3 in the NFC. Philly will still have to lose another one for the Cowboys to even have a chance at the Division title. We will have to hope they get beat up in SEA, because the rest of their schedule is 2 against the NYG and WAS. Cowboys play some tough teams after the Philly game. That ARIZ game they didn't show up for is a killer now.

mldardy

Reaction score
Congratulations to us lol we will have first place until Philly beats Seattle. We can win next week, and Philly still controls their own destiny.
I know thanks.

And I don't care if Philly controls their own destiny. I care about winning next week after that it's a 4 game season where anything can happen.

CWR

Reaction score
Can Philly lose three in a row? SF, Dallas and Seattle. If Hurts is out a bit, then sure.
Their luck was bound to run out sooner or later. The ChIefs, Bills, Vikings, our game, all of them had the ball bounce Phillys way.

For crying out loud 3 fumbles bounced straight into their laps against us. Maybe they have it go the other way a few weeks.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
I know thanks.

And I don't care if Philly controls their own destiny. I care about winning next week after that it's a 4 game season where anything can happen.
True, but after us, they play Seattle and three cupcakes… So the 12th man better come on strong for us

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Didn't you say Seattle was gonna revert back to trash?

Have you changed your stance on the possibility of Seahawks > Eagles?

mldardy

Reaction score
True, but after us, they play Seattle and three cupcakes… So the 12th man better come on strong for us
If we guarantee games then why play the games. Philly still have to play the games. Cupcakes can beat the Eagles. It has and can happen.