CFZ NFC champ will again be a team that was extremely aggressive in the off-season

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
What narrative? That Philly is better than us, a better run franchise with a better GM?

That was proven even before today.
That you can't build a good roster through the draft and need to make splash moves

Sydla

Reaction score
That you can't build a good roster through the draft and need to make splash moves

You can't build a roster that is complete enough just through the draft. You have to use FA which includes bringing in a key player or two. Instead we largely ignore FA other than to just backfill depth.

Mannix

Reaction score
Booger after hearing this will rush out and sign Emerson Boozer, Roger Wehrli, Roger Carr....oh, and Jim Bakken to sure up that PK problem....MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

TheHerd

Reaction score
You know the upcoming drill: yacht cruise, extend as many current players as possible, draft, and go bargain shopping.

Can't wait for Stephen to sign the next James Washington.
They will call and talk to the top free agents, but no way we sign any tier 1 or tier 2 guys. We’ve seen this movie. “For the right price” and “we couldn’t make it work” are the free agent tag lines. We’re happy to overpay guys we drafted, that’s our free agent strategy

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah but I've never seen a team have to do less to go to the Super Bowl. Talk about a charmed path.

Bleep them.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Jerry doesn't just have issues building a roster, he sucks at hiring HCs.
MM wasn't necessarily a bad hire, it's just that Jerry doesn't allow his HC's to have any authority. HC's should be allowed to hire their own staff, and in 31 other NFL cities they can. Not in Dallas, though. HC in Dallas is just a title.

stiletto

Reaction score
Little Enos does not believe in Free Agency...

tumblr_ogu8loV5q21v5figco1_500.jpg

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On one hand I’m all for being more aggressive in free agency, on the other I don’t at all trust these two to pick the right players and make it work.

They aren’t qualified and I’ll continue to repeat it.
Jerry and Stephen need help to be successful. They don’t understand how to put a championship roster together under this cap system. They talk like they have stronger constraints than the teams lapping them every year.

The teams winning SBs are being led by young GMs who are aggressive in the off-season and never look at their roster with satisfaction. Until JJ and SJ learn something new, nothing changes.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yup. They tie one hand behind their backs when team building. Mainly because they’ve sucked at free agency in the past. Don’t ignore it, get better at it.

T-RO

Reaction score
The Eagles...
-Are 8$ million better on the cap for 2023
-Have fewer free agents to sign
-Have two first round picks

They absolutely haven't burnt through future resources, a hazy-headed idea.

Jerry simply doesn't know how to spend smartly, and we are stuck with him. My approach to diversify my fan portfolio and root for other teams makes this livable. I encourage you all to consider the same.

Putting hopes on Jones family is hopeless.

Last edited:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Booger after hearing this will rush out and sign Emerson Boozer, Roger Wehrli, Roger Carr....oh, and Jim Bakken to sure up that PK problem....MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!
Most people won’t get this reference, :laugh:

Mannix

Reaction score
Yeah but I've never seen a team have to do less to go to the Super Bowl. Talk about a charmed path.

Bleep them.
32nd hardest schedule followed by NY and a sketchy SF....wow. Just how did Philly get the easiest schedule????