NFC Championship Game - 49ers vs Rams

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Watching hits like that, I miss watching Roy Williams whacking WRs.
A lot of those hits would be guaranteed flags and may suspensions today lol I miss it. WR's feared going across the middle. Now they are bailed out from a poor decision by the QB.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Let’s see if Stafford can step up in the second half. Jimmy G is going to let teams hang around, just gotta take advantage.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Man watching the 49ers continue to use the middle of the field makes me Jelly. Our offense seem to avoid the middle of the field way too much. I would trade Coop for a game changing TE BTW. A big TW who is a threat in the run and pass game is big. Schultz is trash in the run game.
QB confidence and WR ready to take punishment needs to be there for those middle of the field completions

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No surprise here. SF just matches up really well with LA. I hope everyone is noting how Jimmy G CAN throw the ball effectively when called upon.;.......... and he's doing it on the road in the biggest game

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm sure they can still call a penalty and enforce it in the second half. Could've swore I've seen that happen a long time ago

If it’s happened I’ve never seen it before.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jimmy G isn't great but he does what he is asked to do and gets the job done unlike some other QBs.

I’m wondering if the 49ers are regretting trading up to get Trey Lance. Jimmy G has been pretty good this season and if he leads them to another Super Bowl they’re going to be left with a dilemma as to what to do at QB. They might be wishing they had the draft capital back they gave up to get Trey Lance.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
What Jimmy did absolutely nothing last week. Heck he was almost the reason they lost. A few dropped picks. That defensive and Offensive of line is physical for the 49ers its how they are winning games.

The big question is could they stop Burrow?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Smith and Colin situation is much more similar. Not quite a SB MVP, but Alex’s record with Harbaugh was immaculate. They spent much less on the backup and he had no experience. It wasn’t just about that year but the next 10

Then it will be a mistake. Smith eventually lost his other job to a much better QB years later, Kaep faded because the league started to force him to pass.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I’m wondering if the 49ers are regretting trading up to get Trey Lance. Jimmy G has been pretty good this season and if he leads them to another Super Bowl they’re going to be left with a dilemma as to what to do at QB. They might be wishing they had the draft capital back they gave up to get Trey Lance.

Remember when they were going after Rodgers before they traded up for Lance? Could you imagine

Reactions: CWR

kevm3

Reaction score
No surprise here. SF just matches up really well with LA. I hope everyone is noting how Jimmy G CAN throw the ball effectively when called upon.;.......... and he's doing it on the road in the biggest game

San Francisco has 10 points. More like the defense is doing an amazing job holding the Rams to 7

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure they can still call a penalty and enforce it in the second half. Could've swore I've seen that happen a long time ago
Yes, they can. As you say, it would be enforced on the third-quarter kickoff.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What Jimmy did absolutely nothing last week. Heck he was almost the reason they lost. A few dropped picks. That defensive and Offensive of line is physical for the 49ers its how they are winning games. 49ers OC knows how to adjust and call a game also. I would love to have Kyle Shanny over MM and Kellen Moore combined.

Yeah, except you know, in crunch time when he made the throws needed to be made.

Again, you can absolutely have a downgrade over this easily unless they are seeing something special in how Lance is coming along.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
San Francisco has 10 points. More like the defense is doing an amazing job holding the Rams to 7
And they have ten points because Deebo took a screen from behind the line of scrimmage over 40 yards for a TD.

The 49ers are perfectly capable of evaluating their QBs independent of the "but he winzzz!" factor.