NFC Championship Game Thread

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Tampa Bay hosting a Super Bowl with their team in the game doesn't sound remotely fair. Shouldn't the game be moved now that the Bucs have qualified for the game? We know it does not take much to move the location of a game. The excuse for not doing so should not be, "it's too hard to do".
Seriously?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You obviously haven't a clue as to the logistics and coordination that go into an event like the Super Bowl - it's not just a football game. :facepalm:
You are just in denial that it happens all the time and this event can be moved too. More weak excuses is all I hear.

Mannix

Reaction score
-------It absolutely should be in a neutral location. Stop with the weak excuses.

Doesn't really matter....Rams vs Steelers SB was at the Rose Bowl, and there were more Steelers fans in attendance.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They don't have a singular event to resolve their championship, they have a "best of series". Stop making weak excuses.

Okay, the World Cup then. That's a very similar procedure to the SB in the sense that the host location is set many years in advance. As said, the only team qualified at the time of the announcement for the WC is the host country. There's no knowledge as to who all will qualify through the entire World Cup cycle of qualification rounds who will make it to the WC, much less who will make it to the final stages and ultimately to the WC Final. If a team manages to make it all the way to host the Final, well done to them! They've earned it.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Not the same, SB is a singular event. I'm still only hearing weak excuses.

What city is going to be able to prepare for an event like that in just 2 weeks? i was somewhat involved in the planning when the super bowl was played in Jerry World, and another time when it was in Houston. I can guarantee you it takes months to get everything lined out.

There's not a chance in hell the NFL could reasonably dump the super bowl onto a new host with only 2 week to prepare. Just the security aspects alone are a huge undertaking, and you can't just sit down for a meeting 1 day and have every thing covered.

What you are suggesting is absolutely unrealistic and beyond ridiculous.

cern

Reaction score
Not the same, SB is a singular event. I'm still only hearing weak excuses.
I'm seeing only a lousy idea. What if there were no covid?? Cancel all travel arrangements? Hotel reservations? Restaurant reservations? Put down that bologna sandwich and actually give it some thought. Why not do away with home field advantage altogether?

zerofill

Reaction score
It absolutely should be in a neutral location. Stop with the weak excuses.

I see your point... But, when the Super Bowl was in Dallas, I sure hoped we would get there. I think that is something that is like the
ultimate icing on the cake for a team to have that happen.