NFC East Not Interested

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One of the local Houston sportscasters on the news yesterday was begging Bob McNair of the Texans to sign Dez. He said with Dez on one side, and DeAndre Hopkins on the other, they would be an explosive duo!! :rolleyes:

glimmerman

Reaction score
One of the local Houston sportscasters on the news yesterday was begging Bob McNair of the Texans to sign Dez. He said with Dez on one side, and DeAndre Hopkins on the other, they would be an explosive duo!! :rolleyes:
That’s where I am seeing him go. To a team like that. I don’t see him going to a polarizing team. No offense to texan fans. This will drive Dez crazy. His career may be done soon. Like TO just fade off with something left in the tank because of his attitude.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s where I am seeing him go. To a team like that. I don’t see him going to a polarizing team. No offense to texan fans. This will drive Dez crazy. His career may be done soon. Like TO just fade off with something left in the tank because of his attitude.
Plus, if his family lives in the Dallas area, he could still be close by in Houston.

Big_D

Reaction score

T.O faded off at 36 years old.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Well if none of the NFC East teams want him that speaks volumes on his play. Those teams see him twice a year and obviously arnt impressed. Maybe the FO got this right

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If I were him, I'd chase a one-year, prove-it deal with a team seen as a contender. That way he could show the rest of the league if he can still play at the level he was at with Romo while maybe getting a chance to win a Super Bowl.

At this point in Dallas Cowboys history being released by Dallas is more of a blessing than a curse. If Romo had left when had the chance, he might have some rings on his finger.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree. Panthers or Packers, maybe New England but his after released comments probably won't impress Belicheck...
GB has had to prepare for him quite a bit so they know him and they have the most accurate QB in the league, he could be a real force for them as Rodgers possession WR.

All comes down to contribution vs drama and how much a GM/HC thinks he can put that behind him. One thing for sure, prima donna's are nothing new at that position and they all want the ball. That is the least team oriented position in the game. .

ksadler1

Reaction score
His offers will get hot after June 1st.

If Dez was a hot commodity, he'd already be fielding offers. He may be, I mean who really knows? But lets be honest here, there's only a hand full of GM's and coaches that could even handle a head case like Dez. Like I said in another thread, he's not the missing piece of a puzzle on any team out there. Dez would be brought in as a compliment to other WR's, not the centerpiece. If teams are waiting until after the draft (or June 1st) to decide on Dez, that says A LOT. They have Dez over a barrel, not the other way around...

Last edited:

Verdict

Reaction score
I hope he can't find a job, comes back to the Cowboys begging for a job and we turn him down again.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dez is clearly speaking from an emotional POV as he viewed the cowboys as family.

After a few days, he’ll put things in perspective and sign with a SB contender.

Or he won't. And you guys will be saying it is stupid that no one wants him. Everyone knows he can't get open except Dez fans.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I hope he can't find a job, comes back to the Cowboys begging for a job and we turn him down again.
Lol. Your mean. Do you think if his catch - non catch was ruled a catch he would still be a Cowboy. If we somehow pulled that game out he would have been known for one of the best catches and plays ever in a playoff game. Bolstering his status. And who knows in the falcons game. That could have been our SB year. Would it had mattered today?

Verdict

Reaction score
Just hope they can get a good #1 WR to take his place. And not trade our draft to move up and grab 1 in the 1st round.

The organization should not feel pressured to draft a WR in the first. They can be found anywhere in the draft. It not about replacing Dez (who sucked for three years) it's about adding talent as the opportunity presents itself.

If the next Julio Jones is there at #19, then by all means, pull the trigger, but don't do it for a Treadwell just because he is perceived to be the best of a mediocre group.

ksadler1

Reaction score
GB has had to prepare for him quite a bit so they know him and they have the most accurate QB in the league, he could be a real force for them as Rodgers possession WR

I don't care how "accurate" Rodgers is. Dez cannot run good routes to save his life. Rodgers can put the ball where it's supposed to be, but if Dez is not there what good does it do? Rodgers and Dez would have a hard time coexisting on that team, especially since Dez will be responsible for some interceptions. Dez is not a good fit there and it won't take long for Packer fans to turn on Dez either...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If I were him i'd go to the Colts and make some money. Or the Bears. You want to get back at the Cowboys.....fine.....but be smart about it Dez. Go to teams you are a fit for. You are not a fit for a team with Alex Smith on it, or Eli.....Eagirls don't have the money to get you.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Now there's someone I'd like to see sent packing, never liked the pick anyway
Our second year 1st round pick DE???? Yeah let's not wait for the kid to develop any let's just toss him to the curb after he had a reasonable start to his career because of one tweet he made...
I swear to god the crap a lot of you guys say on this forum is absolutely ********.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Those teams watch Dallas the closest. They know the players inside and out. Yet not interested in Dez. Says a lot. The fanboys here have to realize the guy is very limited as a player. Still high points well. That is it. He is mostly just a drama queen these days. No space for that in the salary cap era.