NFC East Not Interested

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Oh yeah, who's he tithing to, the temple of Jeffrey Lurie?
800px-Super_Bowl_trophy_%283785852933%29.jpg

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It appears Dez Bryant's goal of playing against his former team twice in 2018 may be unrealistic.

The Philadelphia Eagles and New York Giants are reportedly not interested in signing the former Dallas Cowboys receiver, while a league source told Yahoo Sports' Jordan Schultz that the Washington Commandershave not discussed Bryant "at all."

The three-time Pro Bowl wideout was released Friday, even though he claimed he would've accepted a pay cut if asked. He later appeared on NFL Network to express his frustration with the situation, while saying he hopes to land in the NFC East for the upcoming season.

Bryant may have to settle for signing with a team that resides outside of the division to exact revenge on the Cowboys. Dallas will play against the AFC South and NFC South divisions in 2018, along with the Seattle Seahawks and Detroit Lions.

Saw this morning from “the score”.
I suggest he play for the Ottawa Roughriders in the CFL

I understand he can get a paycheck of about $500 Canadian per game.

After you convert that to US..it's about $400 a game.

Good luck Dez.

You will sign with some team who has a crap record and it will
Be nothing like in Dallas.

This guy is an idiot.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ware could still play at a high level. in his case it was only about the money. dez couldn't play. and it was also about the money. ware was never a cancer in the locker room. dez was. ergo, no dez.

That's definitely not what fans were saying at the time.

He had been chronically injured and was coming off the worst season of his career. His situation was actually quite similar to Dez, including the huge salary.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
You can cross off the Pats. Dez is shooting off his mouth and narrowing down teams as we speak. He's showing his lack of common sense.

Agree. Bill B won't put up with that, and Brady wants someone who will catch the ball every time its thrown to them.... His little guys make more effort for a completion than we have seen from Dez recently... Yes Brady is very accurate, but I can recall several catches where his receivers
had to leap , adjust body to snag an other incompletion.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
GB has had to prepare for him quite a bit so they know him and they have the most accurate QB in the league, he could be a real force for them as Rodgers possession WR.

All comes down to contribution vs drama and how much a GM/HC thinks he can put that behind him. One thing for sure, prima donna's are nothing new at that position and they all want the ball. That is the least team oriented position in the game. .

I think GB is a likely end spot, but also they know how much he , correct me if I'm wrong , didn't hurt them either the way some other receivers just take over a game. Sure the " non catch" was one of Dez's great moments, but there have been more recently
where he just flat out missed a catch others routinely make. Some of it to me is that he is so interested in RAC that he forget to just catch it first, secure it, and then GO.....

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
hmmm that's why you guys went out and signed Michael Bennett eh. Because he's a stand up guy? Must have signed him before the lady in the wheel chair fracas. I doubt the veracity of your post. Hey, maybe Mikey is a stand up guy :rolleyes:
Check out Darryl Worley from this morning!

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Agree. Bill B won't put up with that, and Brady wants someone who will catch the ball every time its thrown to them.... His little guys make more effort for a completion than we have seen from Dez recently... Yes Brady is very accurate, but I can recall several catches where his receivers
had to leap , adjust body to snag an other incompletion.

LOL, you would pretty boy over on the sidelines pulling a Troy Aikman.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
That's definitely not what fans were saying at the time.

He had been chronically injured and was coming off the worst season of his career. His situation was actually quite similar to Dez, including the huge salary.
There were a lot of fans around here that wanted Ware gone and cheered when he left. I remember that.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm going to address things said about Dez in this and other threads.

First, if Dez called out the coaching staff, including JG, there was no way he could stay. Anyone who knows about team sports knows that kind of dissention can't be tolerated. Add to that calling out 2 team members, the most important members on the offense, is totally unacceptable and most notably in a team meeting. This is the cancer I have spoken of in past threads and it is the 1st time I've had the evidence of Dez's attitudes. This is a team chemistry destroyer and as much as many on here think you win with overwhelming talent the most important factor in football is chemistry. Coaching is second most important. Thirdly you have to have talent to carry out assignments. Once Dez called out the head coaches and offensive captains, very stupidly I might add, his fate was sealed as he mutinied against the team concept that is ultimately the most important factor in winning team football .

Secondly, although the sports press is now praising Dez and wanting him on their favorite team(s), Dez's brought so much of this on himself. As has been pointed out on these pages so many articles have come out, before Dez was releases, being so very critical of him. Why didn't Dez have the intelligence to know how to conduct himself. Even if I have issues at work I know to use the chain of command . . . there is a way to communicate issues without poisoning the team.

And why hasn't Dez improved over 8 years???? Lazy routes, half-azzed efforts in some games, unable to separate against aggressive DB's, poor concentration leading to dropped balls, and all his sideline antics also contributed to his dismissal .

I am convinced Dez loves to play football and has succeeded due to being a superior athlete and a desire for individual glory. His statements post release are evidence to his poisonous attitude. He's unable to control his emotions. He sealed his own fate. I never called for his release on these pages but I have criticized him. I would have been ok with him being on the team but once I found out he was OPENLY critical of the QB never ... he had to go. A team member can't openly mutiny against the one that captains the team on the field.

I think the team did a lot to control his immature behavior but ultimately, as a man and a team member he hurt his career. I think he'll be that ex-player that could be living under a bridge someday. Good luck to Dez though.
When I was 26, I had about 9 players on my flag football team. 1 player in particular was extremely rude and just a headache. One day, he went off on the QB for not throwing him the ball, the other players looked at me. After the game, I called him up and cut him. That year, we went on to win the championship after that.

That's how you do it when guys don't want to buy in and be a team player.

vlad

Reaction score
Grateful for what? Being publicly trashed by the organization twice and getting cut when FA is at a stall? You homers can ignore it if you want, but this was a bad look for the Cowboys and they already have a problem getting people to play here.

At the end of the day, money talks most of the time. But otherwise you're spot on. Stephen is awfully brash and loose lipped given his track record. And this has nothing to do with choosing to cut him, but how you did it.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It appears Dez Bryant's goal of playing against his former team twice in 2018 may be unrealistic.

The Philadelphia Eagles and New York Giants are reportedly not interested in signing the former Dallas Cowboys receiver, while a league source told Yahoo Sports' Jordan Schultz that the Washington Commandershave not discussed Bryant "at all."

The three-time Pro Bowl wideout was released Friday, even though he claimed he would've accepted a pay cut if asked. He later appeared on NFL Network to express his frustration with the situation, while saying he hopes to land in the NFC East for the upcoming season.

Bryant may have to settle for signing with a team that resides outside of the division to exact revenge on the Cowboys. Dallas will play against the AFC South and NFC South divisions in 2018, along with the Seattle Seahawks and Detroit Lions.

Saw this morning from “the score”.
I can see dez going to Baltimore

Rayman70

Reaction score
GB and Mike MCcarthy wont put up with Dez. I thought about it long and hard,and I simply can't fore see that being a good marriage. I see the Saints,Seattle and MAYBE the skins..but its looking bleak. The AFC team I can see where he would be a good fit as well as a huge need is Miami. Landry is gone..so they lose all that production. They have a glaring need and Jeff Ireland has dealt with Dez before if I'm not mistaken,when he was with Dallas. This is something to watch.

sideon

Reaction score
At the end of the day, money talks most of the time. But otherwise you're spot on. Stephen is awfully brash and loose lipped given his track record. And this has nothing to do with choosing to cut him, but how you did it.
Exactly, If they had done this back in March and were respectful then there would be no uproar. The fact is they handled this as badly as you possible could, and there's no guarantee that it was the right move to begin with. The fact that Stephen can have such a ego after the FA debacle last year shows he might be just as bad as Jerry.

Section446

Reaction score
Maybe he's counting preseason as one of the two? Anyone we play in preseason and the regular season?

By the way, the market is about to prove to the Homer's just how bad Dez was here, there won't be a whole lot of suiters.