NFC Seeding

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree but I still would never gamble the game on a two point conversion.
Why not? OT is generally a 50-50 proposition, and making a two-pointer is generally a 50-50 proposition. Why would you prefer one over the other, in general?

And if you think the specifics of the game make OT a worse than 50-50 proposition, you should choose the two-pointer. It makes sense for an underdog to do that, or a team who's lost players on defense and doesn't think they can hold up in an OT. The Ravens were both those things.

And I don't understand the "gamble the game" language. You either gamble the game on a two-pointer or you gamble the game on OT. You have to pick one; each is as much a gamble as the other.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Ideally we get the third seed.

bucs get second seed and draw the saints.
We get third seed and get 49ers.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Why not? OT is generally a 50-50 proposition, and making a two-pointer is generally a 50-50 proposition. Why would you prefer one over the other, in general?

And if you think the specifics of the game make OT a worse than 50-50 proposition, you should choose the two-pointer. It makes sense for an underdog to do that, or a team who's lost players on defense and doesn't think they can hold up in an OT. The Ravens were both those things.

And I don't understand the "gamble the game" language. You either gamble the game on a two-pointer or you gamble the game on OT. You have to pick one; each is as much a gamble as the other.
One play. No thanks.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Current seeding:
NFC
GB (11-3)
DAL (10-4)
TB (10-4)
ARI (10-4)
LAR (9-4)
SF (8-6)
NO (7-7)

There are three 6-7 taems that haven't played yet, not sure what happens to the 7th seed if one or more of them win. I don't think the Rams can change their seeding with a win or loss this week.

AFC
KC (10-4)
NE (9-5)
TEN (9-5)
CIN (8-6)
IND (8-6)
LAC (8-6)
BUF (8-6)

The Browns are 7-6, they would become the 4 seed if they win. Not sure how the rest of the 8-6 teams fall out in that case.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Green Bay will lose twice, Tampa will lose one to Carolina. I'm wearing my powdered wig.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Why not? If you figure that play has a 51% chance of success and overtime only has a 49% chance of success, why wouldn't you pick the one play?
I think my post said it all. I’m not gambling the game on ONE play. I don’t think I can be more straightforward than that. You can disagree all you want. I promise it won’t bother me one bit.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think my post said it all. I’m not gambling the game on ONE play. I don’t think I can be more straightforward than that. You can disagree all you want. I promise it won’t bother me one bit.
I'm just trying to understand the logic. You'd gladly reduce your chances of winning in order to drag the game out longer. I don't get it.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
a one percent difference is insignificant
Then why do you care which option to take? And why wouldn't you take the 1% advantage (understanding that it's just an estimate, but it's the best you have)? What if you thought the difference was 20%?

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe we are the 3 seed now. I am open to being corrected, but I think TB has us in tie breaker.

Need to take care of business and let others drop games down the stretch.

Playoff games at home are way easier:starspin:

Edit: We are the 2 seed!!!

Thanks for the correction.

4 words for you.

Just keep winning baby. :dance: