Twitter: NFL 2016 Redraft - Dak goes 1 to Rams and 4 still Zeke to Cowboys

erod

Reaction score
Cowboys have the ability to make the first year cap hit lower than 40 million.
Then year two and three are going to choke this franchise to its knees.

Albatross contract for a middling QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Then year two and three are going to choke this franchise to its knees.

Albatross contract for a middling QB.
I don’t care about year two and three. The salary cap will go up and so will contracts. Welcome to the NFL.

erod

Reaction score
I don’t care about year two and three. The salary cap will go up and so will contracts. Welcome to the NFL.
It's a sliding scale. Percentages don't change. And a bigger contact won't make him a better player.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
It's a sliding scale. Percentages don't change. And a bigger contact won't make him a better player.

The Dak crowd don't care if he will be a better player, they just want him to get paid...screw the team.

erod

Reaction score
The Dak crowd don't care if he will be a better player, they just want him to get paid...screw the team.
It's so weird. They think a big contact proves something. No, it just screws any hopes we have for the next half decade.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
It's so weird. They think a big contact proves something. No, it just screws any hopes we have for the next half decade.

Like I said, they don't care. And, also they don't take into account the injury that he sustained...just pay him, screw the team!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I understand the Zeke hate after 2020, but let's remember he was probably banged up more than we know (calf, hamstring, etc.) and the patchwork offensive line didn't help. The fumbling issue is the only thing that truly bothers me.

Let's wait one more year before we write off his career.
problem Zeke hasn't put football ahead of anything else in life in years...personal issues, weight, etc. This has all attributed to his demise and we cannot do a thing about it.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
problem Zeke hasn't put football ahead of anything else in life in years...personal issues, weight, etc. This has all attributed to his demise and we cannot do a thing about it.
Yet he leads the league in yards since he was drafted....

erod

Reaction score
I can't convince you and you can't convince me, he's top 5, not average.
Oh my gawd. Lol, he's not even remotely close to that.

If there was a draft of starting quarterbacks today, he'd go about 15th.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Yet he leads the league in yards since he was drafted....
Yet declines in these yards in each of the last two years...Do you think he has been lasered focussed on improving his game? Sure injuries are indeed a factory, but weight, commitment has come into question with him. True or not, these are valid discussion points. I did say I like the guy, and he has to prove everybody wrong next year and get back on track. Problem is with the lifespan of RB's, we cannot be confident this will happen, can only hope.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Oh my gawd. Lol, he's not even remotely close to that.

If there was a draft of starting quarterbacks today, he'd go about 15th.
Please name 14 quarterbacks in the league you'd prefer over Dak Prescott. I am expecting to start laughing around #7.

erod

Reaction score
Please name 14 quarterbacks in the league you'd prefer over Dak Prescott. I am expecting to start laughing around #7.
For the next three years, general managers would choose something like this:

1. Mahomes
2. Brady
3. Rodgers
4. Wilson
5. Herbert
6. Burrow
7. Allen
8. Stafford
9. Jackson
10. Watson
11. Lawrence
12. Murray
13. Ryan
14. Dak/Cousins/Darnold/Carr

Those GMs aren't Cowboy homers like you. They know how easy it is to stop Dak with a good defense.

Dak has had the PERFECT situation with this offense. Other quarterbacks haven't been so lucky. They could shine with this personnel.

GMs understand this. Cowboy fans who sleep in Cowboys pajamas don't.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
For the next three years, general managers would choose something like this:

1. Mahomes
2. Brady
3. Rodgers
4. Wilson
5. Herbert
6. Burrow
7. Allen
8. Stafford
9. Jackson
10. Watson
11. Lawrence
12. Murray
13. Ryan
14. Dak/Cousins/Darnold/Carr

Those GMs aren't Cowboy homers like you. They know how easy it is to stop Dak with a good defense.

Dak has had the PERFECT situation with this offense. Other quarterbacks haven't been so lucky. They could shine with this personnel.

GMs understand this. Cowboy fans who sleep in Cowboys pajamas don't.

Adjusting for age and proven production, here are who I'd take over Dak if I was building a team today.

1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Wilson
4. Allen
5. Watson
6. Prescott