Twitter: NFL 2016 Redraft - Dak goes 1 to Rams and 4 still Zeke to Cowboys

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The types of throws Goff made the year they went to the Super Bowl simply aren't in Dak's arsenal.

Neither are special players.
How many points did he score in the SB with this special throws and how would you characterize Dak for that performance? Be honest now and not like some southpaw you disagree with.

Motorola

Reaction score
Gee every draft would look different if they use 20/20 hindsight. This is just another foolish off season waste of time.
An exercise done across many sports sites & blogs.
FOX Sports got creative with it two and half years ago. They reviewed the drafts of every NBA team over history. If a team selected a player ten spots ahead of one that became a star - that draft year snafu was chosen. Then FOX Sports ranked the 30 "errors" by how big a miss it was.

erod

Reaction score
How many points did he score in the SB with this special throws and how would you characterize Dak for that performance? Be honest now and not like some southpaw you disagree with.
I'm talking about getting to the Super Bowl, not i what he did in it.

Belchick's toyed with Goff just like he would have toyed with Dak.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'm talking about getting to the Super Bowl, not i what he did in it.

Belchick's toyed with Goff just like he would have toyed with Dak.
Play Madden if you want to win a SB. You can’t come up with a dream for the Cowboys to win.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliot's cap hit was 5% of our cap last year lol. Its not hardly the back breaker you are making it out to be lol. Zeke's contract is no excuse to not build a formidable team. The real fools are the ones who believe that.
Zekes cap hit is the 5th highest on the team at 13.7

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
There’s a reason only one rushing leader has won a SB in the last 20 years and just because a RB won a rushing title or 3 or 4 or 5 doesn’t mean he’s worth the expensive price tag. I don’t understand why some people aka Jerry still put so much value on the position, meaning monetary and draft value. A horrible waste of cap space and a draft selection.
Couldnt agree more,, and as I have always stated,, RB is a dime a dozen position in this game now, there is no practical reason to have any RB holding top 5 percentage of your cap.
Jerry still lives in the days of Emmitt and Barry and probably still eats captain crunch for breakfast and believes that unicorns are real.
We exist as a fan base with an owner that wakes up every morning thinking of how many crunch berries come out of the box than he thinks about building this team properly.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
07vh.gif

Zekes cap hit is the 5th highest on the team at 13.7

What source are you using for that? Everywhere I see it was 5%...

erod

Reaction score
07vh.gif

What source are you using for that? Everywhere I see it was 5%...
Regardless, Dak's hit will be more than 20%.

Between Dak, Zeke, Amari, Martin, and Lawrence, that accounts for upwards of 50% of the cap.

There are only 5-6 quarterbacks in the league I'd pay what Dak wants.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Regardless, Dak's hit will be more than 20%.

Between Dak, Zeke, Amari, Martin, and Lawrence, that accounts for upwards of 50% of the cap.

There are only 5-6 quarterbacks in the league I'd pay what Dak wants.
Your 5 best players taking up 50% is quite normal lol,

if you can’t build a team with 80% of your cap you have issues,

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
So the extra 10% is stopping the Cowboys from
Being a contender huh? Sure lol.

The Cowboys have not been a contender with The Dak so far, so paying him all that money he is asking for is not going make the team any better.

I guess that is OK for you and The Dak fans as long as he gets the money, honey!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Cowboys have not been a contender with The Dak so far, so paying him all that money he is asking for is not going make the team any better.

I guess that is OK for you and The Dak fans as long as he gets the money, honey!

Its not about him getting his money its about having good players. Dak is one of our best players. I fail to see how moving on from Dak in favor of a rookie or Andy Dalton is smart.

The Dak haters seem to think not signing Dak will leave more more for free agency....for a team that bargain bin shops in free agency...not because they have to....no, its because they WANT TO.

Cowboys dont' value free agency the way they value comp picks. You don't get comp picks signing guys to big contracts.

If the Cowboys had 40 million to spend on free agents they'd spend it on 8 different guys. They wouldn't sign 2 big time free agents like you guys think they will. If they did it would be the first.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Its not about him getting his money its about having good players. Dak is one of our best players. I fail to see how moving on from Dak in favor of a rookie or Andy Dalton is smart.

The Dak haters seem to think not signing Dak will leave more more for free agency....for a team that bargain bin shops in free agency...not because they have to....no, its because they WANT TO.

Cowboys dont' value free agency the way they value comp picks. You don't get comp picks signing guys to big contracts.

If the Cowboys had 40 million to spend on free agents they'd spend it on 8 different guys. They wouldn't sign 2 big time free agents like you guys think they will. If they did it would be the first.

The Dak haters...you go, girl.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Sorry guys I had to.
Edit title should have been "According to NFL.com...."

:popcorn:

Pick 1 Los Angeles Rams
Original No. 1 pick: Jared Goff

Dak Prescott
QB, Mississippi State

Prescott was amazing as a rookie and he's reached at least 3,300 passing yards and 28 total touchdowns in every full season he's played. And he was absolutely crushing it last year before his injury. The guy's good. You almost worry that he was so good as a rookie that he would have saved Jeff Fisher's job, resulting in the Rams never hiring Sean McVay. Maybe Goff was the right pick here after all! I'm kidding. But I would like to think about that for a future podcast or something.

Pick 4 Dallas Cowboys
Original No. 4 pick: Ezekiel Elliott

Ezekiel Elliott
RB, Ohio State

The Cowboys selected Zeke here in real life. And I would say that it was a smart pick. Even though the "running backs don't matter" crowd still hates it to this day. But Elliott has been good for the Cowboys. The guy did lead the league in rushing twice, rolling up 1,631 yards and 16 total touchdowns as a rookie. It hasn't been Zeke's fault. I would still make that call today. Like, do you think the Cowboys were a Jalen Ramsey away from winning a Super Bowl?

And the clown haters thinks he sucks

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Let's all remember that Zeke was the last piece to an offense that was designed for a real QB. A QB that got broke and when fixed wasn't allowed to have his job back for whatever reason. When this franchise made the decision to move on from that QB to the new one, they should have let Zeke go or tried to get something for him. Now it's too late for that.
If Dak isn’t the real deal why would nfl.com rate his as the #1 pick in the draft if it was done over?