NFL analyst believes Sean Lee needs fresh start in 2019

MCMetal69

Reaction score
We need 3 LB’s and have 3 smart, athletic dudes. I don’t understand why we can’t out Smith, VE and Lee our there at the same time.

Can someone with a better grasp of the x’s and o’s explain?

In the pass-1st NFL of today , you remove the 3rd linebacker for a defensive back....................If the opposition is in a 3 or 4 WR set , do you want a linebacker out there lumbering around in coverage ?

pansophy

Reaction score
Jerry has never shown any loyalty to anyone except Garrett.
That is probably the least true statement ever. If anything Jerry is too loyal and pays people he shouldn't. Stephen on the other hand is the opposite and is making more roster decisions than ever. Stephen also has no need for the limelight so once Jerry retires or passes away we will know what he really thinks of the Garrett.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
That is probably the least true statement ever. If anything Jerry is too loyal and pays people he shouldn't. Stephen on the other hand is the opposite and is making more roster decisions than ever. Stephen also has no need for the limelight so once Jerry retires or passes away we will know what he really thinks of the Garrett.
Some posters need to be read as sarcasm first. Once you figure that out this place is way more fun.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Lee probably doesn't want to hang around as a healthy scratch when he can still play, and the team doesn't want to pay $10 million to a backup linebacker. It's tough to say goodbye for a guy who was arguably one of the top 5 Cowboys of the last decade, but it's time for both sides to part ways.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Actually been seeing this on different sites.....word is he's not ready to retire but no longer have a starting job in Big D.

Keeping Lee as a backup is stupid, but why wouldn't we start all 3?

4-3. Need 3 of em. We've got 3.

I get the reasons to move on from Lee, but if we keep him, play him. I hope all 3 area starting come the playoffs.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
He might as well, I wouldn't wanna play for a fanbase that instantly casts me aside for a shiny new toy in LVE.

Pretty sad how many players career's we ruin by not winning in their prime.
It's time to move on, no sense on holding on to him, between his injury history and salary. Even if he takes a huge paycut, you always have to figure you will need at least another LB on the roster to backup the backup. He can't play ST or even practice for fear of injury, he's just taking up a roster spot and cap space. The team didn't fail Lee during his prime, his own body did. The guy is the very definition of injury prone and it won't get better. The fanbase isn't "instantly" casting him aside, we've been very patient with him for a long time. He's a woulda, coulda been, if only, story, who's real worth to this team going forward is as a coach, not a player.