NFL and the Cowboys lost their luster?

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
NFL - Too many penalties, reviews, and commercials.

Cowboys - Very nasty SB draught for America's Team.

During the season it seems horrible to miss a Cowboy's game or two, but if you look at the product afterwards then missing a few games isn't as bad as first thought. I've been missing about 3 to 4 games a season the last few years, and i don't feel like i missed or lost anything, in fact i probably gained something by missing those games.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The premise of this thread has been brutally disproven by the posting members of this forum. Good job, fellas. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The luster had faded and is fading more every day -- the glory days of the Cowboys are in the rear-view mirror. Be sure of that. Yet, we wait! ;)

Blackrain

Reaction score
Basically you're saying has football lost its luster well I guess that depends on what type of game you enjoy watching.

If you're an old school fan like me it's done more than lost its luster that goes for the NFL and the Cowboys.
The game is a shadow of its former self there are too many teams the talent is deluded

The officiating is horrible bordering on looking like the games are fixed

It was once a hard-hitting game where players played their whole career with a team and you could get behind a team and a group of players and stick with them now it's a bunch of mercenaries who care nothing about winning just about securing big contracts.

As far as the Dallas Cowboys go they were once the absolute class of the industry America's team led by Captain America Roger Staubach and coach Tom Landry who served their country in the military and represented everything good about the United States and sports
Now the teams run by Jerry Jones who has the morals of an alley cat and cares nothing about championships just about the money his current players mirror him and the way he has mentored them.
The big contract is there super bowl there is no luster to this team or game anymore.
Being a Cowboys fan now is more of just a test of your will and loyalty very little to be proud of and more to be embarrassed over

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Who do you guys listen to?
I listen to fish only now, I tried the others, but didnt care for them.
Fish is a homer , and I dont always agree with him, but he is mostly honest and doesnt make stuff up.

Today he went on about how zeke is good for cowboys this year, and is best rb on the team, and wont be cut.
This was all just his opinion, which I dont agree with, but found amusing.
He had to work hard to make zeke look like yeah he was a good signing and should be the starter.

The one thing I agreed with , is it makes dak happy to have zeke back.

Some of his shows are quite good though.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah the nfl isnt dying, things are just changing. I didnt have or watch espn or nfln, so dont care what happens with them.
espn is owned by disney , and they screw up anything they buy.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do think it is demographics though in the end. Gen-X/Boomers are the primary consumer right now for the NFL. When they "die off/retire/stop buying", I do think the NFL will contract some. Gen-Z and Millennials are just not as interested. Some still are for sure but it is not the same as the previous generations like most of the people that post on this forum. I think most people who have younger kids/teens now know what I am talking about.

https://www.polygon.com/anime/24043221/anime-audience-viewership-numbers-bigger-than-nfl
I tend to tune out when I hear all of these Gen-? comments. I'm pretty sure I'm a Baby Boomer or whatever came next. Is there a breakdown of all of the different Boomers, Gen-?, Millennials, etc.?

Last edited:

JustChip

Reaction score
That began long before the gambling and the extra money, this happened because of fantasy football and video gaming has made them follow players because it is what drives their hobbies...

I knew that shift was coming but that is typically more bandwagon fans that do that now I know there's some real fans that play fantasy football and, but I just can't do it it's too pure for me football to be putting together rosters of rival teams' players and then hoping they do well in games, I just can't do it...

But I'm a purist in no way shape or form do I really follow players once they leave the Dallas Cowboys.. I don't care what they do or how they are or what we may or may not have lost I don't really give a flying you know what...

For me it's about the flag it's about the colors it's about that star on the helmet I don't care who's the owner is I don't care who the coaches are or who the players are I'm going to root for them and I'm going to fight for them like I do on here because it's kind of like a family member even if they make you mad and frustrated at times,

I will defend them to the core when it really counts and when we're being bashed not only by our rivals but now by our own fan base as you've seen, I will be benched before I allow that to happen on a regular basis...Defend the Star :starspin:, like James Washington did on TO , that me personified. :oldcouple:
Good post, but it was George Teague, not James Washington.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
GMF cratered without Kay. She saw the writing on the wall when Burleson left. Brandt brought no substance. Just a loud, annoying cartoon that had overstayed his welcome by years. Shraeger just spends too much time pretending to laugh at Brandt's schtick. He also plays favorites and Dallas ain't one of them. He is stuck between trying to be an entertainer and a reporter and failing at both.

The Network needs new talent. Too many ex-players that are stale. Too many play favorites and their bias makes their opinions worthless. Also, the worst decision of all was to end the ATN podcast. That was a ridiculously poor decision.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Good post, but it was George Teague, not James Washington.
Well, I think they remember James Washington was part of it but maybe yeah George was first...too long ago.. That's pretty much how I sum up my fandom of the Dallas Cowboys that's me knocking people off the star when they talking trash I don't care if you're a fan or not a fan it's worse than here actually got the battle alleged DC fans.:oldcouple:

kskboys

Reaction score
GMF cratered without Kay. She saw the writing on the wall when Burleson left. Brandt brought no substance. Just a loud, annoying cartoon that had overstayed his welcome by years. Shraeger just spends too much time pretending to laugh at Brandt's schtick. He also plays favorites and Dallas ain't one of them. He is stuck between trying to be an entertainer and a reporter and failing at both.

The Network needs new talent. Too many ex-players that are stale. Too many play favorites and their bias makes their opinions worthless. Also, the worst decision of all was to end the ATN podcast. That was a ridiculously poor decision.
Poor replacements.

There are always going to be people coming and going. Plus, as you're saying, things just get stale after a while. I used to watch them all the time, now I seldom do, but when I do tune in for a bit I am always disappointed in the cast.

I would hazard a guess that Kay left for money, maybe more fame.

shabazz

Reaction score
The NFL took a small hit when they starting getting too involved in certain causes that were controversial starting in 2020.

They've since backed off and returned to focusing more on the sport than social causes and the viewing numbers have returned.

Of course on the flip side, something as silly as Taylor Swifts involvement can temporarily swell the numbers as well.