NFL Authorizes In-Game Use of Guardian Caps on Players' Helmets for 2024 Season

jwitten82

Reaction score
So you're for flag football then. In fact, you're for deciding these games on Madden so we're not risking any injuries whatsoever. That will certainly improve long-term health.

Football isn't a game for you.

This move by the league is pushing off the inevitable, when your ilk is successful at making toxic tackle football illegal altogether.
Exactly, when does this stop? The safest thing to prevent head injuries is too take tackling completely out the game. Who would want that?
Als, why couldn't they experiment with using the UFL first?

RoboQB

Reaction score
Expecting a zero-sum on head injuries is absurd.
It's a physical sport. Those types of injuries are currently lower than ever before.
This "shell" isn't doing squat. They barely have contact in practices. Only 14 practices a season are allowed to be in full gear. It's nonsense.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Exactly, when does this stop? The safest thing to prevent head injuries is too take tackling completely out the game. Who would want that?
Als, why couldn't they experiment with using the UFL first?
the severity of brain damage is what determines your level of enjoyment?

RoboQB

Reaction score
Yes, its gonna be stupid looking seeinant sized helmets
Maybe they should put mascot "heads" on.
The Dallas Cowboys players would look like Rowdy...lol

I'd like to see the number of concussions in the NFL the past 3 years.

Havic

Reaction score
Actually the modern day helmet encourages harder hitting. If you've played organized football and sandlot football, you know the difference. You play way less aggressive without a helmet.
not necessarily less aggressive but definitely not leading with the head to make the play / reckless.

Flamma

Reaction score
not necessarily less aggressive but definitely not leading with the head to make the play / reckless.
We're nitpicking, but I'll agree with you. When I played organized football as a WR/DB, on defense I wouldn't think twice about lowering my head and going low to the knees. I'm not doing that without a helmet, even though my intention is to make contact with my shoulder. Whenever I played without a helmet, I think the lowest I'd dip my head was probably chest level. I wasn't taking anybody on at the legs.

RoboQB

Reaction score
We're nitpicking, but I'll agree with you. When I played organized football as a WR/DB, on defense I wouldn't think twice about lowering my head and going low to the knees. I'm not doing that without a helmet, even though my intention is to make contact with my shoulder. Whenever I played without a helmet, I think the lowest I'd dip my head was probably chest level. I wasn't taking anybody on at the legs.
Yep. Eyes up. Bury your shoulder into the runner's midsection. Put your head between him and where he wants to go. Wrap up just below the runner's rear end and drive thru him. Never had an injury teaching that method.