NFL Authorizes In-Game Use of Guardian Caps on Players' Helmets for 2024 Season

RoboQB

Reaction score
Cannot believe people are complaining about making a game safer for players.

A sport where the players regularly break their arms, legs, ankles, tear ligaments, rip muscles, get concussions, damage internal organs, puncture lungs...

A kid named Hamlin almost died on live TV in front of millions playing this sport a couple years ago.

And people have the audacity to complain about helmets because they don't like the way they look. Oh please.
Sure, he almost died, but not from a concussion.
"Stay on topic!"...lol

RoboQB

Reaction score
No, those don't get counted as concussions, as a tiny bit of research would tell you. You're simply wrong about this.
If you can provide an injury report showing 140 concussions
from 2021-2023 I'll concede that you're correct and I'm wrong.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Expecting a zero-sum on head injuries is absurd.
It's a physical sport. Those types of injuries are currently lower than ever before.
This "shell" isn't doing squat. They barely have contact in practices. Only 14 practices a season are allowed to be in full gear. It's nonsense.
The haters will hate on everything. It’s just what they do. It’s their DNA. To each their own.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Cannot believe people are complaining about making a game safer for players.

A sport where the players regularly break their arms, legs, ankles, tear ligaments, rip muscles, get concussions, damage internal organs, puncture lungs...

A kid named Hamlin almost died on live TV in front of millions playing this sport a couple years ago.

And people have the audacity to complain about helmets because they don't like the way they look. Oh please.
This

Disappointed in a few posters here

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you can provide an injury report showing 140 concussions
from 2021-2023 I'll concede that you're correct and I'm wrong.
You can do your own research. All it takes is a simple Google search. If you just want to make baseless claims without caring whether they're true or not, I can't stop you.

But because I'm a pushover and it took me five seconds, here are the 135 from just the first 16 weeks of 2022: https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/concussion-list-tracker-players-nfl-protocol-policy/

Last edited:

RoboQB

Reaction score
You can do your own research. All it takes is a simple Google search. If you just want to make baseless claims without caring whether they're true or not, I can't stop you.

But because I'm a pushover and it took me five seconds, here are the 135 from just the first 16 weeks of 2022: https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/concussion-list-tracker-players-nfl-protocol-policy/
There's nothing official about that site.
It looks like a 6th grader put it together.

If concussions were still a serious issue, you'd see
QBs sit out multiple games. The ONLY obvious incident
in recent time was when the Miami QB looked visibly
injured two years ago. He played the next week.

Look, we disagree. You've shown that you'll believe any spreadsheet dirt rag you can find to support your feelings.
I'm not that gullible.

Rules changes have removed the physicality from the game. If the NFL were truly worried, it would eject players and suspend them the following week.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Lets see what Roger thinks

He’s talking about the padding INSIDE the helmet
when stating it would've helped him. It's as if you didn't
watch the video.
Also, this is from 2019. The Guardian contraption that is the topic of this discussion wasn't around at the time.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He’s talking about the padding INSIDE the helmet
when stating it would've helped him. It's as if you didn't
watch the video.
Also, this is from 2019. The Guardian contraption that is the topic of this discussion wasn't around at the time.
But he also says that we should do everything to help stop concussions ...... I did listen to it.

Guess old Roger is one of those wimps ...... he should be thankful for the money and not worry about concussions.

You should probably change your avatar from a wimp like that

/sarcasm off

RoboQB

Reaction score
But he also says that we should do everything to help stop concussions ...... I did listen to it.

Guess old Roger is one of those wimps ...... he should be thankful for the money and not worry about concussions.

You should probably change your avatar from a wimp like that

/sarcasm off
C'mon dude. That's way off base and not even close
to my opinion.

Look, I like you. We are typically in agreement.
We just disagree here. You want them to wear some stupid diaper on their helmet. I say it's dumb and does
very little to help with concussions.

Funny how nobody seems to concerned about knee and hip injuries but wearing a whole foods bag on their head
might reduce concussions from 7.6% to 7.2%.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's nothing official about that site.
It looks like a 6th grader put it together.

If concussions were still a serious issue, you'd see
QBs sit out multiple games. The ONLY obvious incident
in recent time was when the Miami QB looked visibly
injured two years ago. He played the next week.

Look, we disagree. You've shown that you'll believe any spreadsheet dirt rag you can find to support your feelings.
I'm not that gullible.

Rules changes have removed the physicality from the game. If the NFL were truly worried, it would eject players and suspend them the following week.
Hilarious.

Flamma

Reaction score
C'mon dude. That's way off base and not even close
to my opinion.

Look, I like you. We are typically in agreement.
We just disagree here. You want them to wear some stupid diaper on their helmet. I say it's dumb and does
very little to help with concussions.

Funny how nobody seems to concerned about knee and hip injuries but wearing a whole foods bag on their head
might reduce concussions from 7.6% to 7.2%.
It's not going to reduce concussions. It will make impacts feel softer, but concussions are a result of your head stopping abruptly. If there is some give inside of your helmet, that would help more. Sort of like cars with crumple zones. In an accident, you want to stop gradually, not immediately.

RoboQB

Reaction score
It's not going to reduce concussions. It will make impacts feel softer, but concussions are a result of your head stopping abruptly. If there is some give inside of your helmet, that would help more. Sort of like cars with crumple zones. In an accident, you want to stop gradually, not immediately.
The car analogy is a perfect example. NASCAR had to modify their most recent version because the car was
too rigid. They changed the welds at certain areas to
provide crumble zones.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
You can always see the low brow thoughts of those who crave increased levels of physical violence amongst man while being safe from the action on their recliners. They are not about that action. But they don't mind others taking an increased amount of risks for their amusement.